It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WASPS and Rednecks...the next victims of mass Genocide?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

You sadly miss the point and Iam not a redneck, I actually mean what is written, all should be covered by hate and race laws, I joke about being fat slob but if some skinny gentleman calls me a fat slob out of malice then that is an entirely different thing.
There are a lot of obese Americans courtesy of salt and sugar laden foods and drinks (tip for overweight people drink only water and cut out sugar the weight will come off, but if it was acceptable to call them all Fat slobs then I think this would alienate them from society to the degree one day they may be eaten or suchlike by starving massses.
We all need to be respected not just most.
Otherwise we are no better than facists or Nazis.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have to take issue with those who think outlawing "prejudiced" words or passing "hate crime" legislation will actually help or protect anyone. If we outlaw the use of certain words then we have no freedom of speech. First it will be used to supposedly protect some group but once you start down that slippery slope there's no stopping. If you can make a word illegal you can make ideas illegal. Besides, laws never changed how people feel about anyone else, open communication and life experience will do that.
And what about Hate Crimes? Aren't all crimes hateful in some way? You can't outlaw emotion or single out some ethic or religious group for special protection or benefit otherwise we are not equal under the law. Why is it worse for someone to murder say, a gay person that it is to kill someone in a robbery? Both are dead and despite laws making it illegal to kill someone for money people still do it, in fact laws never stopped anything nor have they altered anyone's opinion about another group of people.
Europe has hate laws on the books that make it illegal to deny the holocaust. Why not make it illegal to say that Hitler was a human being too or that Nazis loved their children? How can anyone make laws against challenging historical concepts? Once started it will never end. Next it will be illegal to say anything about 9/11 that wasn't stated as fact in the 9/11 Commission report .
I seem to have lost my cursor so I gotta end this post, but I think you can see where I;m headed, Either we have freedom and equality or we don't. We can't start protecting this or that group or making words and ideas illegal. Freedom isn't provisional or come with qualifications.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't black people born black? Aren't Jewish people born Jewish ? with that said isn't being a redneck , hillbilly, fat, stupid etc. a choice?

Sounds to me like you are saying that people who choose to be something and are ridiculed should be felt bad for and shielded against ridicule the same way as people who were born into something and do not have a choice about it should .

That makes no sense to me.

Trowa
edit on 29/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

There are a lot of obese Americans... if it was acceptable to call them all fat slobs then I think this would alienate them from society to the degree one day they may be eaten or suchlike by starving masses.

That sounds reasonable to me. You’d be taking care of two problems at once: world hunger and the obesity epidemic.

Didn’t that Gore fellow propose a ‘Marshall Plan for the Whole World’ in Earth in the Balance? This could be it: convoys of ships bound for Sudan and Somalia, loaded to the scuppers with Big Mac-fed protein on the hoof.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't black people born black? Aren't Jewish people born Jewish ? with that said isn't being a redneck , hillbilly, fat, stupid etc. a choice?

Sounds to me like you are saying that people who choose to be something and are ridiculed should be felt bad for and shielded against ridicule the same way as people who were born into something and do not have a choice about it should .

That makes no sense to me.

Trowa
edit on 29/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

The term REDNECK is a label manipulated by those with agendas to dismiss believe it or not Southerners.
Hitler wanted total power and complete obedience, those who he knew had power. over themseleves.. he destroyed.

But he had to destroy them in stages, be they Gypsies, Trade Unionists, communists, Jews,Jehova Witnesses ect, he did this by slander and encouraging the slander and the ridiculing of those who wouldnt accept his rulw totally.
The modern use of the term Redneck many from the south will know is born out the Civil war, it has evolved from a name for poor dirt farmers in the south to me an umbrella term for Christian white working class people who oppose any form of Political correctness that New York decrees via media.

The fact that you say people choose to be fat or Rednecks reveals your predujice does it not?
As if they are both vile things?
Just for the record I grew fat due to Post traumatic stress, I could have gone really thin but my metabolism went the other way, despite not eating excessively,.. by drinking water only , and not eating any sugar foods or salt foods(hard to do) I have lost weight and feel better.
The point being Just as some jews may have chosen to be actively Jewish during the war many were not religiious jews ,but were branded anyway.
That is why the terms WASP and REDNECK and White Trailer Trash are dangerous and in my mind deliberate .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Hmmmm.. I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts on if a redneck or southern accent / dialect is any more (or less) degenerate than say a New York, or Mid-west, or Yankee, or Spanish, or English, or Scottish, or Irish, or any other accent / dialect??

..and if so - why?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Hmmm..again... let me direct you this thread first.

ATS Thread - My County is 3rd Poorest in America

This is in the south, in Appalachia as a matter of fact. The county is as the thread states the 3rd poorest in the US. For what it is worth, many of the poorest counties in the US are in this area. It has been compared to a third world country.

Kids are born here every day. I've visited this area many times and I assure you - many of the people there would likely be called rednecks and hillbillies. But they are born into this abject poverty and culture.

I do not understand why it is OK to use derogatory terms to describe them when they are born into the culture and poverty. If its Ok to call them hillbillies and rednecks then I do not understand why it would not be OK to use a derogatory term to describe an inner city youth with long criminal record who was born into a life of poverty and crime.

Could you explain it to me?

Hmmm.. I forgot "stupid"in your post. Please forgive me. I guess its no surprise the eduction system in the areas I mentioned isn't that great. Like it isn't that great in the inner city. How is it a choice for one to be stupid and another not?

Maybe I'm just a dumb hillbilly worthy of contempt - but I really don't understand. Please enlighten me.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Frogs because: I left out a word cause I is a dumb hillbilly..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Hmmm..again... let me direct you this thread first.

ATS Thread - My County is 3rd Poorest in America

This is in the south, in Appalachia as a matter of fact. The county is as the thread states the 3rd poorest in the US. For what it is worth, many of the poorest counties in the US are in this area. It has been compared to a third world country.

Kids are born here every day. I've visited this area many times and I assure you - many of the people there would likely be called rednecks and hillbillies. But they are born into this abject poverty and culture.

I do not understand why it is OK to use derogatory terms to describe them when they are born into the culture and poverty. If its Ok to call them hillbillies and rednecks then I do not understand why it would not be OK to use a derogatory term to describe an inner city youth with long criminal record who was born into a life of poverty and crime.

Could you explain it to me?

Hmmm.. I forgot "stupid"in your post. Please forgive me. I guess its no surprise the eduction system in the areas I mentioned isn't that great. Like it isn't that great in the inner city. How is a choice for one to be stupid and another not?

Maybe I'm just a dumb hillbilly worthy of contempt - but I really don't understand. Please enlighten me.

Great post that asks the question to those who conform to Political Correctness not out of belief but fear.
Hypocrisy is everywhere on this Earth , it is inside everyone .
Hitler had it , Churchill had it , Roosevelt had it, Begin had it, we all have it, but we can overcome Hypocrisy by applying the positive to all, not just most or some.
On a sidenote it is truly shocking to see the Tornados affecting The USA, if it happenned in New York it would be beamed all across the world live on every channel, but hey the poor Southerners are not that important , their just REDNECKS RIGHT?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
The term Redneck was first used as identifying Poor White farmers

Not farmers, but slaves. The "indentured servitude" nonsense is a complete lie.
Yup, they plan on wiping out Whites, especially White Christians.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Exactly.

ATS has a small but vocal group of white supremacists who will insist that whites are being targeted, etc.

It's just nothing but fear.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBartone always been desirable reloc

So my Appalachian ancestors, "hillbillies", that's equivalent with "fat" and "stupid"? I suppose the salient point is that, other than the term "white trash" (which there are plenty of those nowadays, the easiest way to spot them is they have very loose pants and wear their caps sideways, and the like, get my point?), most all epithets for Whites are pretty meaningless, they don't wound because White nations have always been where non-Whites want to go. What does "cracker" mean? Do you even know? It came about because there are saltine production plants in Georgia. Whoopie. Hillbilly? Big deal. Honkey? Lol. Transistor-inventin' mofos. ;o)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The SwordATS has a small but vocal group of white supremacists who will insist that whites are being targeted, etc.

It's just nothing but fear.

So the Domestic Extremist Lexicon (mentioned Whites around 20 times) and the Obama administration's statements that they will be focusing on White Christian men in their anti-terror efforts, and the recent federal exercise modeling an armed White concerned with illegal immigration, that's all in our heads?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Defintion

Originally, a redneck was a white rural agricultural worker from the Southern United States. The word seems to have appeared c. 1825 and to have been in general use by 1900. Later on it was also used to mean ‘labour unionist’ but that usage seems to have died out. Today, the word also means ‘ignorant bigot’, but that is not to say that all white rural agricultural workers from the Southern United States are ignorant bigots. It means the word has more than one meaning. People on this thread have been getting the meanings confused.

reply to post by Frogs

Hmmmm.. I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts on if a redneck or southern accent / dialect is any more (or less) degenerate than say a New York, or Mid-west, or Yankee, or Spanish, or English, or Scottish, or Irish, or any other accent / dialect??

..and if so - why?

No accent or dialect is ‘degenerate’; that’s just bourgeois snobbery. But accent and dialect are markers of social class as well as location (or rather, provenance), and people are, it seems, naturally sensitive to this aspect of them.

Historically speaking, a rural, working-class Southern United States accent indicated someone poor, and poorly or not at all educated, with all that implies in terms of occupation, behaviour, opinions, manners, and knowledge of the world. In any society, such people tend to be looked down upon by those who are wealthier, more sophisticated or simply more citified than them. That isn’t very nice, but it is human nature, and it reflects the realities of life among social animals – they all form hierarchies of this kind. As any redneck could tell you from personal observation, even chickens do it.

Being a redneck is nothing to be ashamed of. But it is assuredly nothing to be proud of, either.

edit on 29/4/11 by Astyanax because: clarity was wanting.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Defintion

Originally, a redneck was a white rural agricultural worker from the Southern United States. The word seems to have appeared c. 1825 and to have been in general use by 1900. Later on it was also used to mean ‘labour unionist’ but that usage seems to have died out. Today, the word also means ‘ignorant bigot’, but that is not to say that all white rural agricultural workers from the Southern United States are ignorant bigots. It means the word has more than one meaning. People on this thread have been getting the meanings confused.

reply to post by Frogs

..and if so - why?

No accent or dialect is ‘degenerate’; that’s just bourgeois snobbery. But accent and dialect are markers of social class as well as location (or rather, provenance), and people are, it seems, naturally sensitive to this aspect of them.

Historically speaking, a rural, working-class Southern United States accent indicated someone poor, and poorly or not at all educated, with all that implies in terms of occupation, behaviour, opinions, manners, and knowledge of the world. In any society, such people tend to be looked down upon by those who are wealthier, more sophisticated or simply more citified than them. That isn’t very nice, but it is human nature, and it reflects the realities of life among social animals – they all form hierarchies of this kind. As any redneck could tell you from personal observation, even chickens do it.

Being a redneck is nothing to be ashamed of. But it is assuredly nothing to be proud of, either.

edit on 29/4/11 by Astyanax because: clarity was wanting.

Read then read again the last sentence Sir.
Replace REDNECK with the word JEW or NIGGER or GYPSY would you write it? if so do it in the next post and affirm thats what you believe ....you will not , because only REDNECKS ,WHITE TRASH ,AND WASPS are allowed to be vilified in The NEW YORK CONTROLLED MEDIA.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

WASPS White Anglo Saxon Protestant

I have never heard that before. So that's what I may be called at times? LOL!
I am sure when I was younger I was probably called a redneck, just for being a fighter, that is to me what a redneck means, someone who goes around starting fights for no apparent reason other than to start a fight. I know lots of rednecks who proudly wear that name, they love being called a redneck! But I imagine that if someone they didn't know said it in a derogatory way, it would cause them to, well, beat their ass.

I am not a mean girl looking for trouble anymore, I grew up being a wildchild but I GREW UP. If someone refered to me as a redneck today, I would think it was definately meant to be mean. It's kinda hard to tell with other people though, like those who sing loudly to the 'Redneck Yacht Club' song. These are the ones who are proud to be a redneck, hell I think Kid Rock wants to be one.

I am not worried about it I guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
yup that makes 0% sense.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Replace REDNECK with the word JEW or 'n-word' or GYPSY would you write it? if so do it in the next post and affirm thats what you believe ....you will not , because only REDNECKS ,WHITE TRASH ,AND WASPS are allowed to be vilified in The NEW YORK CONTROLLED MEDIA.

I didn’t say it wasn’t offensive. You seem to have completely misunderstood my post. I was merely supplying historical and linguistic information, not trying to insult anybody.

Being a Jew or a Gypsy is nothing to be ashamed of, or proud of, either. These are just accidental facts.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

If I went around saying that black people had that degenerate "n-word" accent/dialect from the ghetto people would start crying their eyes out. Yet you find it OK to say the same thing in respect to white people.

Can't you see the double standard? Seems pretty obvious to me.

I personally don't think white people are victims. But I don't think the current generation of black people are either. Both should stop whining. But I still refuse to cater to racism many black people and popular "black leaders" promote.

To be fair, the stereotypically black dialect is a degeneration of the language as well, but that would be the same as the redneck accent, and the cockney accent, any other degeneration etc. So in a sense I agree with you, but I would never call the black dialect the "'n-word' dialect," not that you're saying I would, I understand what you're trying to say. That would be racist and unwarranted. As a white person, I don't feel I need to approach addressing the name of the southern/redneck dialect with the same sensitivity I would with that of the black dialect. Besides, "redneck" and "'n-word'" are simply not analogous.
I wouldn't cater to racism from blacks, but I just don't think there's as much of it as white people act like there is, especially from "popular black leaders" like you say. Also, it's just not fair to say the current generation of black people aren't victims. There is still a social stigma towards blacks, and I don't think that it's a problem that's brought up enough.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

I'd say it's about time. If not a white man, they'd use a muslim extremist or some other group to attack.

The government hates us all anyway, no matter who we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join