It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bosnian Pyramids Could Be the Key to Everything...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vistina
reply to post by dragonridr

For a guy that wants to discuss smth you are pretty outdated...2006. You do realize that we are in 2011 now, right?
For the 2 archeologists that you provide are saying that this is hoax, i provided 30 that are saying that it is not. And they are just dissociating from Osmanagic in 2006, can you provide me where he stated them as sources? Or you just going to put your link that says he did? Convincing indeed...

Or how about that your source is so academic

Its all a big load of b******s. The “Bosnian Pyramid” is just a shonky attempt by a shonky person to make a name for themselves, its not something I want to be involved with.

Furthermore, i posted links to academic papers, research on the stones from institutes and universities and you just choose to ignore them.
For your last post about the PIP...what can i say, i'll prey for you!!
edit on 30-4-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

Here is another one just in case you are unable to scroll up to the list of 30

edit on 30-4-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

Look, it is pointless to argue with them. They will tell you there is no moon even if it is right in front of them, they will ignore it just to try to get their points across. Everything you say or state, including factual data will always have a counter argument... it is what this "mainstream" site has become these days... a den of denial.

Thanks for all your work and research and proof into these matters - I appreciate your validations

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Thank you Kroms. Yes it is unbelievable how people are willing to say anything just to prove their point. Their egos are larger than their stupidity. I have been a long time lurker on this site, and was thinking that open minded progressive thinkers are willing to discuss ideas and make the best of it. But from this thread i realized that either the site has been infiltrated by people payed to disseminate their "truth" or humanity is headed for the cliff...

I am not saying this because they are thinking that the pyramids in question are hoax. I am saying this because after all the evidence that was presented here for them, they just fast forward on them and continue to express their believes without any support. And when they are presented with even more evidence they again ignore it...what the heck?!?! Wasn't the right way to provide some support for your counter claim?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I cant believe some of you still believe this is a pyramid. There is zero evidence for this being a pyramid!

tunnels may or may not be old; the Balkans are littered with ancient tunnels and structures, particularly in mountainous areas. The presence of tunnels dont mean pyramid. The presence of old stone structures do not mean pyramid. In order for him to say that this is a pyramid he needs to actually unearth a freaking pyramid!

Fact is, he has not unearthed a pyramid, not even close. He has very carefully excavated just enough to fool some people into believing that a hill is actually a pyramid, and to fleece tourists of their cash. The price list on the previous page is just ridiculous!!

As an aside a friend of mine, who was born in and lived in Visoko, came to me a couple of weeks ago laughing that "some idiot is trying to convince the world that there is a pyramid in Visoko. Isnt that the stupidest thing you've ever heard?". The locals know very well that this guy is a charlatan.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zvezdar
I cant believe some of you still believe this is a pyramid. There is zero evidence for this being a pyramid!

tunnels may or may not be old; the Balkans are littered with ancient tunnels and structures, particularly in mountainous areas. The presence of tunnels dont mean pyramid. The presence of old stone structures do not mean pyramid. In order for him to say that this is a pyramid he needs to actually unearth a freaking pyramid!

Fact is, he has not unearthed a pyramid, not even close. He has very carefully excavated just enough to fool some people into believing that a hill is actually a pyramid, and to fleece tourists of their cash. The price list on the previous page is just ridiculous!!

As an aside a friend of mine, who was born in and lived in Visoko, came to me a couple of weeks ago laughing that "some idiot is trying to convince the world that there is a pyramid in Visoko. Isnt that the stupidest thing you've ever heard?". The locals know very well that this guy is a charlatan.

whos this friend did you make him up ? because im bosnian and ive been to the actual site from what i saw it wasnt a mountain looked like a manmade structure to me but Hey what do i know i dont have the archeologist title but the locals and most people in the country actually support the project and believe that it is indeed a pyramid and if this guy was just going thru tunnels that didn't need to be excavated as much hed probably be blown to pieces since most of the country is riddled with landmines

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Furthermore, i posted links to academic papers, research on the stones from institutes and universities and you just choose to ignore them.

No you didn't. You posted material from the people who are behind the hoax. You just posted a press release for a website that is advertising the "pyramids". And, you also posted a program from a science conference and tried to pass it off as proof of professional support.

Just so you know, there are no peer reviewed papers out there regarding the Bosnia hills, but if you ever find it, feel free to post it..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by vistina

No you didn't.

Just so you know, there are no peer reviewed papers out there regarding the Bosnia hills, but if you ever find it, feel free to post it..
www.bosnian-pyramid.com...

Second Report: Sonda 20 Report Excavation during Summer Camp 2010

Author: Dr. Riccardo Brett, University Ca' Foscari, Venezia, Italy. You click on it and scroll down to the last couple of pages. If you can't here is the list of names for you:

Sara Acconci, leader Archaeologist from University of Studies of Milan, Italy.
Richard Hoyle, Geologist, Leeds, UK.
Riccardo Brett, Archaeologist from Ca’Foscari University of Venice, Italy.
Annapaola Passerini, archaeology student from Univeristy of Venice, Italy.
Alfredo Bertan, Technician, professional for Ancient Structures, Venice, Italy.
Emanuele Fantin, Technical professional, Venice, Italy.
Anela Podrug, archaeology student from London University, UK.
Drago Mejdandzic, archaeology student from University of Rep. Of Croatia.
Brahim M'Barek, Archaeologist from Strasbourg, France.
Fernando Magdalena, Archaeologist from Madrid, Spain.

Before you write something first read.
On the other hand, your account is 45 days and you have 1900 posts, that is 42 post per day. If you read all that people say it will be a full scale job for you to read and write 42 post per day. Which makes me thing on who's payroll list are you to write gibberish on everything that contradicts mainstream science? Never mind i really don't care

edit on 15-5-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Okay, so before you go misrepresenting some of the facts here. One, there was nothing that was published in a peer reviewed journal regarding the Bosnian "pyramids".

Experts did come and do certain testing at the site, what they found did not lend credence to the idea that the hill is a pyramid. I searched the first name on the paper you mentioned and all it said is that there was pottery found, that does not equal a pyramid.

There was a general consensus that there were remnants of an old civilization which is one of the reason that Semir Osmanagić was not allowed to continue with what he was doing because he was damaging legitimate archaeological sites.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You really haven't read the paper!! Go read it and than come back and say that it was just pottery. Can you be that ignorant, to be presented with a paper and not read it and come back to say it was just pottery?!?!? OH MY GOD....

reply to post by vistina

There was a general consensus that there were remnants of an old civilization which is one of the reason that Semir Osmanagić was not allowed to continue with what he was doing because he was damaging legitimate archaeological sites.

Not allowed to continue? You must be joking, right?

These, theworld’s largest pyramids last year attracted more than 50,000 tourists, variousworld experts, 500 volunteers from five continents, 45 archeologists and themedia.

As of thefirst week of April 2011, the Foundation has received 474 applications of volunteersfor work on the Bosnian pyramids. Of these 285 men and 189 women. Applicationshave come from 42 countries on six continents: B-H, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia,Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Great Britain, Holland, Ireland, France, USA, Switzerland,Germany, Norway, Colombia, Sweden, Canada, Australia, Austria, China, Azerbaijan,Turkey, Finland, Italy, India, Indonesia, Egypt, Poland, Rumania, Russia, theCzech Republic, Hungary, Denmark, Spain, Brazil, Jordan, Belgium, Estonia,Saudi Arabia, Argentina and Bulgaria.

Since “MRAV2011” begins June 4, we expect there will be many more applicants, which maymake this the most positive activity in Bosnia-Herzegovina this year.

www.piramidasunca.ba... T-IN-MRAV-2011-IS-GETTING-GREATER-EVERY-DAY.html

Peer reviewed journal...HAHA. Here is just an example of how peers review things:

However, ironically, the paper[3] which would become one of the foundations of financial economics was initially considered irrelevant and rejected from publication

And would you like me to start on Copernicus and alike.

Another example: Albert Einstein

Though Einstein cited Mach as a source of ideas,253 Mach rejected Einstein's relativity theory and asked not to be associated with the "dogmatic" and "paradoxical" "nonsense", in spite of the fact that Joseph Petzoldt sought to give Mach his due credit for major elements of the theory of relativity.254

Dude if you think that this world is Utopia and that everything that is ground breaking and changes well established believes is accepted immediately, you are in grave delusion.

edit on 16-5-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

During excavation of area B1 (US 8) and C1 (US 1), we found the presence of a great
quantity of pottery, which the ceramic Expert Archaeologist Sara Acconci from
Milan, proved to be manmade clay pottery.
The shape, size and material show that these are evidently artificially made (Img.14).
No dating is possible at the moment, but the material that was found together with
the pottery in the US has been catalogued and will be analyzed in the hope of
finding presence of seeds or organic material datable with the C14.

The only person who suggests pyramids in that paper is the author, and he uses no realistic method to obtain his "hypothesis".

He doesn't rule out anything, he just shows some pictures and comes to the conclusion it's a pyramid. The 'paper' is fluff.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by vistina

During excavation of area B1 (US 8) and C1 (US 1), we found the presence of a great
quantity of pottery, which the ceramic Expert Archaeologist Sara Acconci from
Milan, proved to be manmade clay pottery.
The shape, size and material show that these are evidently artificially made (Img.14).
No dating is possible at the moment, but the material that was found together with
the pottery in the US has been catalogued and will be analyzed in the hope of
finding presence of seeds or organic material datable with the C14.

You quoted this excerpt out of 30 pages, and concluded that there was only pottery there. IF you want to discuss something scientifically you have to approach it scientifically and look at it that way. Not mis-presenting factual data.

You say, i quote:

The only person who suggests pyramids in that paper is the author, and he uses no realistic method to obtain his "hypothesis".

Richard Hoyle, Geologist say, i quote:

Richard Hoyle, the Geologist with whom I worked in this period, pointed out that, if these were natural formations, the vertical divisions between the stones would continue through all the layers, whereas it is evident that every layer has its own individuality in a horizontal placement only.

So i guess it is not only the author. A geologist supports the idea of NOT NATURAL FORMATIONS. Once again, please read and stop spreading lyes!!!

You say, i quote:

He doesn't rule out anything, he just shows some pictures and comes to the conclusion it's a pyramid. The 'paper' is fluff.

Says you! Expert on what exactly?
And once again please read, than think, and than write.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

posted by vistina

Richard Hoyle, the Geologist with whom I worked in this period, pointed out that, if these were natural formations, the vertical divisions between the stones would continue through all the layers, whereas it is evident that every layer has its own individuality in a horizontal placement only.

Did you want to post Hoyle's educational background?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Says you! Expert on what exactly? And once again please read, than think, and than write.

Semir is an expert? He is a self-proclaimed archaeologist...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by vistina

Says you! Expert on what exactly? And once again please read, than think, and than write.

Semir is an expert? He is a self-proclaimed archaeologist...

Samir has Phd on the Mayan civilization. Which does not make him an expert. However, Ezra Zubrow (scroll up) is an archeologist; go to page 6 you will see a long list of archeologist, geologist etc; scroll up and you will see a long list of archeologists and geologist which are all saying the same.

You said that i have not posted scientific papers, i showed that i did. Next, you said that he is not allowed to dig at the place, i showed to you that he is. Next post, you said is just pottery in the paper i showed you that its not. Next post, you said that only the author of the paper says its a pyramid i showed to you that in the paper others says that its a pyramid. You said the paper is fluf i ask you for your credentials to give such opinion and you say that Samir is not relevant to give opinions and once again i ask you to see that there are others who are relevent to give opinions and they gave such. In summery i was very kind to answer all your questions and you just go on splitting hair just to prove your point. I will argue with you no more, since it is pointless.

Take Care

edit on 17-5-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

dang and double dang!! you had me for 1 minute,really thought i had something new and exciting to research,i'm glad i read the reposts before i watched the video

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by vistina

posted by vistina

Did you want to post Hoyle's educational background?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

You must be kidding me, right? His educational background. When i wrote "RICHARD HOYLE, THE GEOLOGIST", what i really meant is that his educational background is GEOLOGIST.

Like i pointed out to you in all my posts, YOU HAVE TO READ PALL!!!

And since you have problems with that, it is safe to assume that you want be able to find what a geologist is...so i'll crack it for ya
en.wikipedia.org...

This is really the last one for you

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I did not post the video, it is not my thread. In one of my posts i said that the name of the Thread is not good and the video that Romka has put is poor, to say the least. My posts start from 2 or 3 page i believe. I have put a lot of research material, you can check it out.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Except that there is nothing around stating that Hoyle has earned any degrees in Geology. Supposedly this is his facebook where he is listed in the University of Leeds network, but no mention of any degrees.

and while most of the volunteers are not experts in the field, you never mentioned Schoch , who never backed Semir's claims.

Amazingly, he explained, the “concrete” blocks proved to be harder and more durable than any modern concretes or cements. But he and I were apparently seeing different things, perhaps viewing an entirely different world.

Where he saw concrete blocks and human intervention, I saw only perfectly natural sandstones and conglomerates that had broken into larger or smaller blocks due both to tectonic stresses and gravity slumping.

For a week and a half this seemed to be the dominant theme: Osmanagic and others who worked with and for him insisting that this or that feature can never occur in nature, and thus must be artificial and human-made, versus me finding a perfectly reasonable geological explanation for each of the same features.
link

You can find Schoch at Boston U

To contact me via email, please go to the Boston University Directory at: www.bu.edu (in the upper right-hand corner of the site). Click “Directory.” Simply insert Robert M. Schoch and you will find my email address. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a way to cut down on spam and frivolous emails. I will do my best to answer all serious correspondence. Thank you.

Which leads you to Here

Also a profile here.

Which mentions:

Robert M. Schoch, professor of natural science at the College of General Studies at Boston University since 1984, earned his PhD in geology and geophysics at Yale University. His interests include geology, paleontology, evolution, environmental science, ancient Egypt, geoarchaeology, and prehistoric/ancient cultures around the world. In 1990, Prof. Schoch won the Peyton Richter Award for interdisciplinary teaching.

He says the pyramids are bunk. And yet you rely on Hoyle, who from what other people are saying, has not even earned a degree anywhere....

Any examination of this "outstanding team" of volunteers from the summer of 2010 cannot conclude without a mention of Mr. Richard Hoyle. Although sometimes described by the Foundation as a "geologist" (bs), sometimes as a "geology student" (bs), he does not really seem to have any advanced geological qualification. His myspace profile mentions only secondary education at a "sixth form college", and, despite a mention of his time at Leeds University (2nd year in 2007-2008), there is no indication of whether he ever graduated.

edit on 17-5-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vistina

Samir has Phd on the Mayan civilization.

He has a PhD in sociology. Not archaeology. Point.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Somehow my list of 44people, on page 6, looks more appealing to me than your source of 1person dating back to 2006...call me crazy

And go back to the example of how Mach dissociated from Albert Einstein's theory on relativity (even Einstein quoted him as source), and yet Einstein was right.....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vistina
reply to post by boncho

Somehow my list of 44people, on page 6, looks more appealing to me than your source of 1person dating back to 2006...call me crazy

And go back to the example of how Mach dissociated from Albert Einstein's theory on relativity (even Einstein quoted him as source), and yet Einstein was right.....

Someone already posted how Semir was misrepresenting qualified people who came to the site. A bunch of names he has put together means nothing. Find some papers released by these people supporting it if you will. From an independent source.

By the way, people attending a conference does not mean "people supporting claims"

edit on 17-5-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join