It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bosnian Pyramids Could Be the Key to Everything...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Giant structure is more than four times taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza...The great pyramid of Giza at just over 480 Feet tall was long thought to be the world's tallest structure for 3,800 years but it has nothing on this pyramid recently discovered in Bosnia.

Buried just a few feet under the dirt, which was thought all these years to be a 2,300 foot mountain, is a giant pyramid.

link to videos from ABC and others...and as full article

www.rabbithole2.com...

videos are very interesting...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Very interesting, thank you for posting. Imagine what else hasnt been found? I really would love to see how this develops and I hope the media give it deserved attention

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Proof of a Flood of Epic Proportions?

After watching the video you can clearly understand that they indeed did find something under the dirt and trees. The tunnels, paved roads, and stone work are all signs of a previous advanced society.

How did the 2,300 Foot pyramid end up under several feet of dirt and trees?

In some reports you may hear that the people actually buried the pyramid to protect it, but, that makes no sense.

A much more logical explanation is that at some point in time big waves washed into the valley and when the water finally receded it left behind a layer of mud and soil in which grass and trees sprout forth giving us the mountain we see today.

It's been there under our noses the whole time.

I have heard of this. Interesting. I live near a "hill" that resembles a pyramid and always thought it was very odd. Posted the first video for you and text from your link. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 28-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
wow thats simply amazing! Makes you wonder how much that is out there to still be discovered.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wow!! This makes me wonder how many other pyramids are hiding out under layers of dirt posing as mountains or large hills. And it's bigger than the Giza pyramid?!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
have these hills been confirmed to be buildings???

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Knowledge isn't really a linear pathway.

It is more like a spider's web. Many interconnecting paths and various optional possibilities.

Every piece of knowledge is a key to more knowledge and even more unanswered questions.

So even though if this particular site does turn out to actually be an ancient pyramid complex (which I will need more evidence of to start wrapping my head around first), the knowledge and realizations that it will unlock are not the end all be all of knowledge. In fact, it will only open various new pathways of which we will have to find individual keys to unlock their doors as well.

I am open minded also, for instance if you suggested that perhaps the governments have actively covered up this site for years and they actually knew about it and had secret excavations or whatever, I would consider that a real possibility.

Don't take my rambling as detracting from the discussion though. I really like the subject.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've seen this on ATS before and it turned out it wasn't a pyramid, but some volcano type thing. Maybe I'm wrong though, but I'm sure it's the same video.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I don't know.

At this point I still consider it debatable.

Don't be surprised if you see arguments from either angle of people offering "evidence" etc, totally convinced themselves that they are right. Some will think that it's legit, some will think it's totally bunk.

I have not personally been convinced 100% on this yet. Apparently you haven't either.

This issue may take a decade or two to resolve. I guess we can just let it go on the back burner again for another few years until some good video or photographic evidence surfaces of actual artifacts or extensive excavations.

So I would definitely label this one as "Controversial" still. I am not convinced it's fake or real yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have been following this discovery for some time now...here is an updated link to the website:
www.bosnianpyramid.com...

Great stuff!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
These are old, rehashed news stories. Since this first happened the self-proclaimed "archaeologist" was ejected from uncovering the "pyramids" because his research could not be backed by any other people in the field.

In fact, his team of "volunteers" were uneducated people he brought in that knew nothing about proper archaeological excavation. He used a bulldozer to shape the mountainside to make it look like the base of a pyramid.

There was also the hoaxed carving that was involved in this case....

Once other people confirmed he was destroying actual archaeological significant sites, they stopped him from continuing his scam.

He now tours the world talking about his pyramid beliefs in the hills. Earning money all the way.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it odd how quickly repeated pyramid threads rack up stars and flags? Honestly, if you want me to, I can provide a list of at least 10 threads talking about the Bosnian Pyramids.

romka71, this is the third pyramid thread you have made in less than 4 hours. Please use the search function next time.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Its been determined its a natural formation acording to geologist who studied the area.

Faculty of Mining and Geology at the University of Tuzla and led by Professor Dr. Vrabac, concluded that the hill is a natural geological formation, made of clastic sediments of layered composition and varying thickness, and that its shape is a consequence of endodynamical and exodynamical processes in the post-Miocene era.

As for the archeologist Dr. Semir (sam) Osmanagich he is not well received either among archeologists. Semir Osmanagićh's has been accused of promoting pseudo-scientific notions and damaging archaeological sites with his excavations

. Penn State University Professor Garrett Fagan is quoted as saying "They should not be allowed to destroy genuine sites in the pursuit of these delusions[...] It’s as if someone were given permission to bulldoze Stonehenge to find secret chambers of lost ancient wisdom underneath

Enver Imamovic of the University of Sarajevo, a former director of the National Museum of Sarajevo, concerned that the excavations will damage historic sites such as the medieval royal capital Visoki, said that the excavations would "irreversibly destroy a national treasure".[13] Excavations by archaeologists not related to the Foundation in the summer of 2008 uncovered medieval artefacts and led to renewed calls for the government to cancel Osmanagić's digging permits.

In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[15] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology.

So basically hes in a country with very little controls claiming hes made a discovery which no one else on the planet can verify. When i first saw this about 2 years ago i was astonished then when you take the time to look into it lets say nothing left but disappointment.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by romka71

Giant structure is more than four times taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza...The great pyramid of Giza at just over 480 Feet tall was long thought to be the world's tallest structure for 3,800 years but it has nothing on this pyramid recently discovered in Bosnia.

Buried just a few feet under the dirt, which was thought all these years to be a 2,300 foot mountain, is a giant pyramid.

link to videos from ABC and others...and as full article

www.rabbithole2.com...

videos are very interesting...

Wow...... I am gonna need a day to take this in and do some research but I will be subscribing to this thread and thank you so much for making it!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
thanks for the confirmation gang, I hate morons like this putz that ruins it for everyone

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Amazing discovery. Thanks for posting it here for the rest of us to share. Makes you wonder about other topographical areas we take to be mountains? What's under them? Have any gas or fuel companies that buy whole mountains to blast for oil or shale discovered any pyramids they are keeping from us?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Maybe I don't know enough about how this could happen but seems it would not take a flood to cover something like this up. Weeds and foliage might over take it, their life and death repeatedly makes dirt, where more weeds and foliage grow. It is more difficult to keep things clear and from getting grown over as any gardener knows. It might have been a flood but without other signs indicating that in the area not necessary to assume a flood. Would be doing some investigating and digging at that site if I were you (and about 20 years younger!) You could get an overview of the shape from observing it on google earth in fact think google earth might be a good place to start looking for more "hidden" pyramids.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Check the list of scientists and researchers engaged in the project. Go and check one per one on their corresponding Universities. And you won't find a single entrance about the Bosnia Pyramid in their corresponding Departments.

They really want the mountain to be a Pyramid, and have found pathways around, even tunnels. But that doesen't make it a Pyramid at all.

If that Pyramid was there 3.600 years ago, it would have been present in Roman or Greek Writtings somewhere.

edit on 29-4-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
2 years ago I bought a hunk of property that used to be an amusement park. It closed in the mid 70's and nobody has been in since. The go cart track has about 6" of soil and leaves on it so to go out 2500 years I don't think a few feet would be a big deal. once it starts it really goes

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If it is in fact a stone pyramid.....

Logic says to go to the top where there is the very least amount of cover and sink a shaft. The truth can be known in about 20-30 days. Without destroying the surrounding countryside, or weakening natural slopes above dwellings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join