It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Economy is flawed! (My take on it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hmmmmm… just a thought

Let’s say that here on ATS, that stars are a currency… and we use them to buy time on the board… 10 star equals 5 minutes of ATS browsing… Admins and Mod’s NOT a suggestion to change policies!! Lol just a hypothetical queston…

But in this hypothetical situation there is only “so many” stars available… let’s say there is 5 Billion… once you get them and spend them… you have to “Earn” them back…

So my current star count is…658 which would give me… 329 minutes of ATS browsing…(unless my math is off)

I’m an insomniac I do my job during the day and spend upwards of 8 hours on ATS on a daily/nightly basis

Well my stars would not even cover one night of browsing for me…. It would only cover about 5.4 hours…
But in order for me to earn more stars… I have to have stars so that I can browse and find posts to post in… and hopefully earn stars from my posts…

…ok now… some members have a LOT of stars on here… one member has 49,000 stars… quite IMPRESSIVE and kudos to them!!! Sorry can’t remember you name!! I’m not bashing you!

But let us say that member and other “rich” members are the only ones starting threads that earn the big stars! In order to keep it that way… they raise the cost to 20 stars for 5 minutes and a 1000 points to start a thread… These rich members can “influence” the system because they bought/bribed members of the site administration…

Eventually our economy would have less and less money to go around… and eventually many of here, would not be able to “make it”

All the while the rich of the board become richer… and run things as they see fit…

Now… if that happened… wouldn’t someone step in and place a limit cap on how many stars you could have… so that no individual could own half the economy/currency here and keep it from the rest…

Shouldn’t it be fair?

Now if you can make sense of that madness…

Reread it. but this time around…
use the name of your country in place of ATS,
and instead of stars… use the name of your monetary currency…
and instead of Site Administration use the term, Elected Official
and instead of member use, citizen…

I think it is madness to allow one person to be insanely rich,
When the economy of any country is in shambles…

Why isn’t there a 5 million dollar cap?

I think a person should only be allowed 5 million dollars…
The rest goes right back into the countries economy, to help out the people of that country.

Rich Corporate playboys, movie stars, athletes, musicians…
How much money do they have in their bank accounts?
Would it not boom the economy if that money was “on the streets” ?
Instead of sitting in a bank account…

What’s you take on this subject?

-Evol Eric

edit on 4/28/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This again

Watch This:

www.youtube.com...

Who do you think is hiring? The Businesses and individuals who can invest in business making that money dufas.

No investment = no new business.... but let me guess, the government should invest in new businesses no matter how crappy the business plan.

See, when you give incentives to be poor... more people will be poor, what is the reason to work when you can get your "Free" Government money?

edit on 28-4-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
This again

Watch This:

www.youtube.com...

Who do you think is hiring? The Businesses and individuals who can invest in business making that money dufas.

No investment = no new business.... but let me guess, the government should invest in new businesses no matter how crappy the business plan.

See, when you give incentives to be poor... more people will be poor, what is the reason to work when you can get your "Free" Government money?

edit on 28-4-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

Sorry cant watch that video... I'm on dial up internet...

and you ignored the question in my OP

Would it not boom the economy if that money was “on the streets” ?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

If free money is "on the streets". Money from where?

What is money? Printed Paper. The more you print the less it is worth.

How is money "on the streets"? Are people working for it or is it "Free"?

If "free" why work?

You are encouraging laziness.

Don't give away money.... create a job.

How do you create jobs? Tariff Slave Labor.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Your analogy doesn't quite work, for a couple of reasons:

First, the "mods" (government) aren't the ones making the "stars" (money). The Fed is, and they have no limit to what they can/will make.

Second, the economy would bust, not boom, if there was more money "on the street", which is what is already happening (even though the banks are actually holding a lot of cash in reserve instead of loaning it out, from what I understand). Think of it this way: If you have 10 pieces of something, then each piece is worth 10% of the total pieces available. But if there are 100 pieces of something, then each piece is worth only 1% of the pieces available. It's not as valuable now because there are more pieces available. That's simplistic, but basically what has been happening with our dollar with QE1 and QE2 (and possibly QE3). And if the banks begin to let more money out, the dollar will dip even further.

The "price increases" we're seeing are actually an effect of this, too. It's not so much that the value of gas, food, silver, or gold has gone UP, as that the value of the dollar has gone DOWN. Therefore, you need more dollars to buy the same amount of product. Again, simplistic as there are other factors involved, but that's a good part of why our economy is flawed.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You are a little off, OP.

Our currency is backed by the full faith and credit of the US Government. Otherwise known as our ability to tax the public.

We can also tighten or weaken (loosen) the liquidity available. Currently it is very loose policy. Otherwise known as "Easy Money". We at some point will tighten (raise interest rates) and drain liquidity from the market making an environment where our dollar starts to get stronger and most likely will stall equity markets for a period.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I probably am wrong...
I'm no expert...

but why did the government have that stimulus a few years back?
it was supposed to stimulate the economy and help it out...

I filed my taxes and got back an extra 300 bucks

so are you saying that if we put a 5 million dollar cap on rich people
and distributed the money at tax time, it wouldnt help?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Essentially, when we give stimulus to the middle - > lower class this money goes right back into the economy. IMO, this is actually a pretty good way to give a little extra back to the little guy. It really isn't a huge deal as that money is not being saved but 99% of the time spent on necessities within 30-60 days.

That money comes from somewhere though. The first time at least. It isn't a real secret that the rich pay all of the taxes in this country. Things like that will never change.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If we put a 5 million dollar cap on rich people, then people would only do enough work to earn 5 million dollars and then stop, stifling innovation, or in the example you have provided the quality of threads would go down and the innovators and main content contributors would go other places where they could earn more stars and points, money. Threads and the content contributors being the leaders in technology research and manufactures.

Which is what is happening now, except we aren't directly capping how much people can earn we are indirectly capping placing the highest earners in a different tax bracket than everyone else, effectively penalizing them in most cases for being the best in their field. So all these people are moving their companies to other countries to escape the penalties of owning a business in an un-business friendly environment. These other countries have lower business tax rates and they provide cheap labor then add in the fact the the USA doesn't charge an import tax, it has become cheaper for companies to move over seas and produce and ship the products they manufacture from China all the way to the furthest point away on the east coast of America.

Then you also have to take into account when someone earns over 5 million dollars in a year who gets whats left over after the person gets their 5 million dollars? The government that is who. Now what happens when everyone figures out it's cheaper to live off of government handouts than to go to work where they will only be able to earn a set rate? Eventually the labor force dwindles to zero and there is nobody to continue to provide the government handouts and very few people with a skill set able to perform jobs that require a high degree of training which are becoming more and more common as technology is progressing.

If they really wanted to "fix" the economy, they would lower business tax rates, impose import tariffs, cut the government budget and start sucking money out of the economy causing deflation of the dollar making it harder for other countries to compete with American companies. The reason they won't do this is because it is in fact all planned out to help multi-national corporations(specifically banks) gain more control over the governments of the world, because just like from the beginning of recorded history someone has always wanted to takeover the world.

And we won't be around to see it, but eventually the BRIC countries will fall victim to the same scheme, and then when they have no choice to let the smaller 3rd world countries develop into first world economies they will fall victim to the same fate. Because just like everyone else before them they think they are smarter than the people they are doing business with.

Welcome to World War III, except It's economic warfare and real wars with bombs and ammo are waged in countries that are vital to the world economy in order drive prices up and speed up the process of the bankers gaining control of the governments of the world.

Their is no other logical explanation for a debt based currency.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Essentially, when we give stimulus to the middle - > lower class this money goes right back into the economy. IMO, this is actually a pretty good way to give a little extra back to the little guy. It really isn't a huge deal as that money is not being saved but 99% of the time spent on necessities within 30-60 days.

That money comes from somewhere though. The first time at least. It isn't a real secret that the rich pay all of the taxes in this country. Things like that will never change.

With my stimulus perk of 300 bucks I did this... I also got back 300 dollars from my "regular" taxes

So with my 300 "regular" dollars I paid off my computer from best buy...

with the stimulus 300 dollars... I bought a coca-cola in a glass bottle... cos it taste better! I bought a pack of lucky strike cigarettes...a 20 dollar pizza...a case of beer and with the other 260 bucks, I fixed up my place.

that helped out so much!

and living in the 3rd poorest county in America...
and the neighboring counties being 1 and 2...

I can honestly tell you putting more money in this area would improve quality of life...

Why not add a job or two?
If you want work you have to drive and drive and drive...
for 10 bucks an hour.... 50 miles
for 15+ 80 miles

If you got a college degree... move away... your not getting one of the very few jobs that require a college degree...

I'm not asking for money from no where... but why let the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?
Seems to me the system is flawed...

top topics

join