It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mainstream rapper breaks shackles and hits back at TPTB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
lupe fiascos new music video is out exposing his current beliefs. for those that dont know him,
wusulu was born in chicago raised by his father who was a member of the black panters learnt to shoot a gun in self defence against gangbangers and crackheads at the age of 10. hit it big in 2006 after being discovered by jay z

browww.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

Lupe was NEVER in the shackles. He's been shootin at the system since he was underground and that never stopped.

I consider him the greatest rapper alive..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Star and flag down with TPTB. I think many people are beggining to wake up to their sick dystopia that will come to be. They are slowly implementing it.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" -- Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

The world will come to pass one day humanity will become enslaved the enforcers will protect the elites from the masses and we will be herded like cattle. The end will be near as TPTB setup their system of dystopia. Humanity will look back and wonder what happened they will ask; How Did This Come To Be.

A man sitting on the Street corner with his head down cloaked by the dark of the ominous night will tell them. We did not resists the slow transition into this Dystopia TPTB, Slowly perpetuated the Fear and Terror we have been accustomed to submit our freedom and liberty and privacy for. They have deceived us. Throughout the Annals of history we had ignored the warning signs and were steeped in our own ignorance.

Then Slowly TPTB when they had the ability used their Enforcers (Military,Police) To enslave the populous and use their advanced technology and RFID mark of the beast so only the comformists could use funds to put food on their table; The Resistance starved to Death and/or were put in Concentration camps.

The rest of the conformists merely walked by as the old man told the story and the man who asked came to the realisation the ramifications of what was upon him and fell to his knees in anguish.

The Elites Sat in their chairs with their Top hats on Deviously Laughing "We Have Done it"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
He is probably the strongest " conscious " rapper in the industry. Although he makes some sacrifice to stay marketable, his message is one of the suppressed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

damn.
DAMN.
that takes a large set of balls. i hope that he can inspire more artists like him and MUSE and countless indie bands and rappers to stand up and fight with their art. ideas are more powerful than guns.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great Video. Great Song. I hope it plants a seed for everyone who sees it to think beyond what they are "sold" as truth.

I must say I felt convicted to tighten up and be more aware of the things I allow myself to indulge in that are part of the bigger "dumbing down"problem. The lyric about diet soda hit home since I was sippin on my diet coke while watching this video.

Thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thank you so much for introducing me to this artist. That was quite a good song. I love rap when it's meaningful and intellectual.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a really good song, I wish more of these 'mainstream' artists would mix messages in their music like this.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
one small tidbit i forgot to mention is that he is a muslim. i guess it hits closer to home for him. from humble beginings.

when i mean by breaking thebshackles is that u rarely see artists under major labels discuss these topics in their music. lupes last albulm didnt have this raw lyrics like his new album does

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

According to the latest billboard earnings data that was released MUSE made 5+ Million last year touring. MUSE getting little to no radio play could just be a factor of the market that the stations and advertisers have chosen to target with the format doesn't support band like MUSE.

There are reasonable explanations for why certain bands don't get played on the radio. Phish made 10 million last year.

The figures given don't include the following.

What our figures don't include: revenue from merchandise sales, sponsorships, synchronization deals, international tour dates, songwriter performance royalties from terrestrial radio play, DVDs and ringtones. Why? There just isn't enough of that kind of data available across the whole board.

Lupe also got a huge radio push before his album dropped, but Lupe still sold over 200 thousand copies in it's first week. In the current business climate that the music industry is in, that is a huge number of units sold the first week.

The point that I'm trying to make is that as much as everyone would like to think that there is a huge conspiracy in the music industry to keep acts that go against the status quo out of the mainstream, just isn't true. Some examples that support this is bands like Rage Against the Machine, their music talks about anarchy and vigilante justice. System of a Down is another one, they make music about wanting a pure communist society. Hell, look at almost the entire Rap genre. There are countless acts and albums and mixtapes that talk about vigilante justice and songs that get huge air play.

I understand this is a conspiracy website, but the fact is the Entertainment industry thrives off of controversy. The more controversy means the more people talk and the more people talk means the more free advertising and promotion they get. There are only a few requirements they need to fulfill, one is that they can attract a paying customer and that they are marketable enough to expand and possibly cross over to other markets.

Believe me, if an act that made music about how all the heads of the governments are reptilians or grey aliens, or all leaders in the world are blood related and its a conspiracy to make us all slaves to an extraterrestrial race and they were selling out venues, major labels and indie labels would be all over them trying to sign them to a record deal because they are fulfilling the requirement the label is looking for.

Edit To Add:

Of course a band mentioned in my last paragraph wouldn't ever sign to a label for obvious reasons though,

edit on 28-4-2011 by Hastobemoretolife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If he was discovered by Jay Z I'd be watching what you believe of him. Isn't Jay Z an illuminati wannabe?

BTW I want to add that both the video and track are completely amazing to me. I'm not into rap whatsoever but this is a great tune.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Atlantican because: Lupe's work...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

i like your comment, i just don't see why it was directed at mine? i didn't say anything suggesting that there is a conspiracy in the music industry. i was saying that it would be nice to see more artists stand up and represent their convictions and beliefs rather than sing and rap about sex and money and shiny jewelry. it's cowardice and a lack of spiritual evolution on the part of mainstream American culture, not a result of conspiracy. but thank you for the lesson in supply and demand (?).

new topics

top topics

join