It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you winterize yourself against gays if you were approached by one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This thread, so far, is a breath of fresh air!

I had actually decided never again to even open a thread with the word "Gay" in the title because of the usual homophobic rantings and hatred that is spewed forth, but I am glad I opened and read this one!

Thanks to you! S&F

And thanks also to Misoir for the stunning video!

edit on 29/4/11 by wiser3 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, being a living conundrum in that I am an openly gay person who has Christian beliefs that likes and very much respects Muslim folk and believes that gay folk should still follow the basic principles of decency and morality that both faiths expound I say this;

It is not so much the person and their sexuality that matters but how they interact with you. I personally would help any person, male or female gay, straight, person of faith, atheist, black, white etc etc as long as they were decent and respectful of me as a human being.

If a gay person is flaunting their gayness at you and it makes you feel uncomfortable, then don't feel ashamed if you dont help. Some gay people do it in purpose because they know it upsets people and shame on them I say.

If you don't help a gay person just because you are scared of getting gay germs, then I say shame on you and remember your humanity.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I disagree with homosexual behaviour on religious grounds, but I don't think there's any reason why I would deny helping him because of his sexuality - I would consider his request objectively. I don't really treat fornicators or adulterers differently than anybody else, even though I disagree with their lifestyles, so I don't think I should treat homosexuals differently either

edit on 29/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hello everyone. I have been wondering this for a while now but what if a gay person were to ask you for some help whether it be chopping timber or helping them in their tax returns would you be offended or would you act as normally as a cow would say moo?

i wouldn't have a problem helping anyone who needed help that I could offer, regardless of race, sex, creed, or sexuality. I can't get my head around the people that would have a problem. That said, if the "pride" level was such as to get annoying, like i would to anyone else getting on my nerves, I'd tell them to tone it down.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If I see someone who needs help I help them. I dont give a damn about their politics, race, religion, sexual preferences or any of the idiotic reasons people divide themselves up with.
Everyone is human and equal. World would be a much better place when people finally realise that.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would help ANYONE or ANYTHING that needs help and ask me for my help.

There is absolutely no need to differentiate purely because of a persons sexual preferences, doing so is utterly tactless and in bad taste.

Also it is not cool.

VVV

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I would help certainly. Don't see a reason why not to. I had some gay friends in the past and have been to their clubs on invitation. While there I was hit on by at least 3 different guys. It felt weird to be the bait, but I wasn't offended at all and thought I had it going on

edit on 29-4-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
do you think a fire man or a police man who have a different sexuality think if they must save only people who have the same sexuality....

i don"t understand why heterosexual man are focused only on the sex part even if they dont say it, because this what we are talking about , they are scared.
when a straight guy ask me for help i'm not thinking at this moment how he is cute and how i want have fun , i just think that he need help and t'hat's all.
and seriously you are not all irresistible

edit on 29-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What's wrong with you? Don't you know that GAY people are really great at "winterizing" things? Nothing better than a GAY person to put on tire chains or other MACHO stuff like that! Maybe the OP should open up to his own GAYNESS and admitt to himself the truth! Step out of the closet and crank up some Judy Garland music! Let your pink feather boa fly as you sache across the dancefloor at your local GAY bar! AND you would magically be better at "winterizing" sh¥t. WTF?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How will I know they're gay? Will they break out into song? Walk over to me like in West Side Story? Have a rainbow flag waving around? Should I start asking first??

To answer the original question, yes I would help a person in need, as I do in any case. "love your neighbor as yourself" isn't read as "love your neighbor (unless theyre gay) as yourself".

As far as 'winterizing' myself, I hardly remember to do it for my car, let alone for gays

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
What's wrong with you? Don't you know that GAY people are really great at "winterizing" things? Nothing better than a GAY person to put on tire chains or other MACHO stuff like that! Maybe the OP should open up to his own GAYNESS and admitt to himself the truth! Step out of the closet and crank up some Judy Garland music! Let your pink feather boa fly as you sache across the dancefloor at your local GAY bar! AND you would magically be better at "winterizing" sh¥t. WTF?

wow... if youre not gay you really know how to do IT.
im just havin fun..

as someone mentioned... this thread is a good one compared to most of the gay threads that come up using that word as bait to get someone upset,

I would help anyone i saw in need or who asked. and its good to see others will do the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by -W1LL

Same here W1LL. I help others no matter what race, religion or age they are.

edit on 4/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seriously? Don't look at gays, blacks, whites, or even mentally ill's as that, look at them as people.

Don't complicate things, or things will get complicated. Easy enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

can someone explain to me what the phrase :

" winterise yourself against gays " meand ??????????????????

is the OP speaking a different english to me

i have sucesfully " winterised " cars , boats and a stableblock in the past

but myself - " against gays " what the hell is that all about ??????????????

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

would i help an extravagantly overt homosexual - yes - without hesitation - why wouldnt i ?????????????

BUT - i would have a ` prepaired reminder ` in my head to make 101% certain that ` chopping wood ` is JUST chopping wood - nothing else - should thier mind start to wander

if a gourgeous young lady asked me to chop some wood - i would too - but if her mind started to wander - i would be in like flynn

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

OP, that picture is hilarious.

But yeah I'm surprised anyone would ever consider not helping someone else with something simple whether they're fat, black, asian, white, skinny, retarded, sickly, smarter than you, richer than you, poorer than you, etc. etc. etc.

I think the fact that it's even a question is one of our big problems

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

the only reason to ' not ' help another person is if you are putting your own life in danger ..unless anothers life was also in danger.
so yes, i'd help a gay person.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I dont care about peoples sexuality and wonder how it seems to get brought up in everyones casual conversations other than mine. I really really dont care who folks sleep with. HOWEVER.... SL youre a real pervert and Im shocked!! I dont chop wood for STRANGERS.... how disgusting! Im never speaking to you again!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would treat anyone with respect just as I would like to be treated myself if I required help.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
OP, the whole tone of your posts indicate that you're extremely cluless and ignorant; you speak from the perspective that gay people are like some extreme species from another planet. You've obviously had little or no contact with gay people in your life and speak from a ridiculous backward perspective. It's usually pointless trying to reason with people from such a clueless blinkered perspective because no matter how hard you try, they just don't get it. Why are you on a site whose motto is 'deny ignorance' when you are the very definition of ignorance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join