It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you winterize yourself against gays if you were approached by one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would (and have) treat them exactly the same as anyone else. I have never understood how people can cast judgement against another human being based on something so trivial and unimportant. Until we can all get passed issues like sexuality and realise that we are all one and all equal in every way, we cannot take that next step as a society. It's silly that topics like this still need to be discussed....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow, what ignorance.

When in Florida I experienced three hurricanes in a row.

Me and my partner took out our chain saws and cut down tree's and freed people to be able to drive and get their needs met at the local grocery stores.

Funny, never new my neighbors until that point. They certainly did not turn down our help because we were gay.

We saved quite a few folks with our generators and with our provisions. Also took care of our elder neighbors.

What is this all about being against gay folks. If you were put in a position of being stranded and starving....would you say....OH NO....your gay, I don't won't your help. I will die first!

No, you would not. Much like a gay doctor, would you not want him/her to save your life?

Well....I would call you all hypocrites. In fact you would beg to be saved. Enough said.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Pure awesome post. Sums up pretty much what I was thinking when I first saw the thread.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
Im confused??
Does this individual approach you and say "Hi, I'm gay, want to help me chop firewood?" or is he wearing a sign of some sort? Do you ask people about their sexuality before you consider helping them?

I guess the point is, how would you know to begin with?

LOL! Clearly you don't seem to understand that ALL gay people run around shirtless and carrying a huge rainbow flag.

/yes, this is internet sarcasm

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
Im confused??
Does this individual approach you and say "Hi, I'm gay, want to help me chop firewood?" or is he wearing a sign of some sort? Do you ask people about their sexuality before you consider helping them?

I guess the point is, how would you know to begin with?

LOL! Clearly you don't seem to understand that ALL gay people run around shirtless and carrying a huge rainbow flag.

/yes, this is internet sarcasm

Let's be real. Sometimes people don't have to be darned in rainbows to see that they are gay. Sometimes you would never know unless they told you.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sure I would help a gay person... only someone who is worried about their sexuality would feel uncomfortable around gay guys. Most people I see worried about "the gay" wanting to sleep with them are the really fat ugly guys with trucker hats. Ever see a gay guy? They always look like they just got back from the gym. So don't worry about it, you're even out of their league.

And only a true man can watch this all the way through without looking away. Try it.

I don't care if they are queer as a four dollar bill, if they are a good person I will help them.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
People come in all shapes, colors, sexualities, religions, political persuasions, sizes, ethnicities etc.
To be in any way prejudiced of any of them, or to have any sort of opinion about them before you get to know them as people is simply bigoted.

"Help people? Sure. I'll help people.
Oh, they are XXXX!
Well, then no.
Because I have a deep rooted opinion based on nothing of substance.
I couldn't possibly help a XXXX!
The very thought!
How dare you!"

Insert anything you like for XXXX (gay, heterosexual, black, blue, red, green, brown, white, a woman, a christian, a muslim, an atheist, a fat person, a tall person, a short person, an old person, a young person... you get the picture).

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know more gay people that can chop wood and do their taxes better then most straight people. I have never in my life seen a gay person that could not fend for themselves. This is just another reason to fear someone, and or judge them.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

No one likes to chop all the wood, everyone needs help sometimes, gay people arn't superheros.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Gay people will come to the rescue before you folks that claim hetero. It's true. Gays are far more outreaching than het's. BTW...love your rainbow colors on your avatar. Where did you come up with that?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

OP did you forget which website you were on? Cause last I checked this site tends to be very open minded and I doubt someones race, sexual preference, sex or color would have anything to do with the amount of compassion or help they would receive. Now if you were a politician or corporation you'd be in big trouble.

edit on 4/28/2011 by JohnnyR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Being able to fend for yourself, and needing help from time to time are 2 very different things. I mean that many are not in need of "manly" help, all the time.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be some kind of conspiracy debate? I do not even understand this thread, well, it looks like another garden variety ats gay bait thread to be honest...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Agreed. No more than any guy. I know a few "girly men" and "metrosexuals" who wouldn't want help. They'd want you to chop the wood while they went shopping.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

i really can't believe this # is STILL an issue.

straight men really need to get over themselves, most women don't even want you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Why not help them? Just because I think gay marriage shouldn't be promoted in church doesn't mean they aren't human.
edit on 29-4-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

If approached by a homosexual, I would act no different than if I were approached by a hooker. Both lifestyles are sinful according to the Bible,..

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
... I am very cautious as to the impact they have on or in my life in the aspect of them influencing mine or my families...

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
i was told by my father to hate the sin, but never the sinner

I do not understand the point of this thread.

in fact there is in these forums a brutal tendency focused on gays life.

I cant imagine we telling a kind of intro "i am gay, i need some help... " lol

Anyway, this mentality of hate and prejudice against those who are different it has the world as is currently.

Peace

edit on 29-4-2011 by zaper because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Really??
Why wouldn't you help?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
How would you know if someone is gay by them asking you to help them cut wood anyway?
Do you think gay guys all wear cut offs and suspenders with no shirt when they cut wood?

This kind of ignorance is probably more offensive to gay people than threads on the gay agenda.
edit on 29-4-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Quoting Jesus at every turn is also unnatural behavior.

Wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join