It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you winterize yourself against gays if you were approached by one?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I have been wondering this for a while now but what if a gay person were to ask you for some help whether it be chopping timber or helping them in their tax returns would you be offended or would you act as normally as a cow would say moo? As immodest as it may seem, would you judge him differently because of his attitude towards his pride as below?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e751cffe5fff.jpg[/atsimg]

or would you get past his personality and lend a fellow human being a helping hand? The way I see it, we were all
created differently so why should it matter what their views are if it doesn't hurt anyone. I'm not gay so I wouldn't know how they are treated but if you were him wouldn't you like to get treated with respect as well. I look forward to your replies and hope we can settle this peacefully.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
depending on the level of PRIDE they haz
and how affectionate the person was, even some straight people can be awkwardly close and touchy...

but for the most part I would give my help and respect... and would want the same in return.
edit on 4/28/2011 by -W1LL because: Lols

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There's a joke about snow chains, anti-freeze, and rainbows in here somewhere...

But I'm having trouble finding it right now.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Same here W1LL. I help others no matter what race, religion or age they are. We are all people so we should be treated as such.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I haven't noticed a homosexual person exuding frigid temperatures..but if I were to, and they asked me for a favour, I would definitely winterize myself by wearing a hat. Maybe even a scarf.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Well..

I guess it depends how well I knew the guy in the first place..

I don't go out of my way to help strangers chop wood usually.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
gay bi lesbian blue purple red black brown yellow...... if they are a good person than they deserve to be treated with the same respect you want to be treated.... help who you can and hope they would do the same

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If approached by a homosexual, I would act no different than if I were approached by a hooker. Both lifestyles are sinful according to the Bible, but that does not mean that I should hate anyone or treat them badly because of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I like this question. I do not believe in the gay lifestyle. It is my belief that it is unnatural behavior and should not be encouraged. However I do have friends that are gay, but I am very cautious as to the impact they have on or in my life in the aspect of them influencing mine or my families. It is not up to me to judge gays, but I am always willing to share my opinions on the matter.

With that said I would help anyone if I could. Their personal sexual preferences would have no bearing on the matter whatsoever. We are all human however misguided we live our lives. None of us are perfect! Jesus said "Let the those who are without sin cast the first stone."

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I would help them unconditionally without judgement.

3rd
edit on 28-4-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
gay bi lesbian blue purple red black brown yellow...... if they are a good person than they deserve to be treated with the same respect you want to be treated.... help who you can and hope they would do the same

thats good to here from the god of war

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Moooooo!!

Of course i would, if I could. Gay people are just like every other "group" of people. Good and bad. So if a gay person were to ask me to help him/her chop wood, we better be friends. Of all the friends I've had in my life I'd say the ones that happened to be gay, were by far, THE FUNNIEST people to hang with, not to mention caring, thoughtful, and non-judgmental.

Edit to add:

I don't like/believe/approve of the criminals lifestyle, and I don't make friends with crooks and thieves.
I don't like/believe/approve of the pedophile lifestyle, and I don’t make friends with pedophiles.
I don't like/believe in/approve of drug dealers thug life style, and I don't make friends with drug dealers.

Do your "gay friends" a favor, and leave them alone.
edit on 28-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
He's just a guy. Why would I NOT help him if asked?

I find this topic a little bit too baiting (and not of the master variety
) I am guessing there are a lot of people on here that don't interact daily with gay people...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Read this and see if this gives some insight into what you're asking:

"Hello everyone. I have been wondering this for a while now but what if a black person were to ask you for some help whether it be chopping timber or helping them in their tax returns would you be offended or would you act as normally as a cow would say moo? As immodest as it may seem, would you judge him differently because of his attitude towards his pride as below?

or would you get past his personality and lend a fellow human being a helping hand? The way I see it, we were all
created differently so why should it matter what their views are if it doesn't hurt anyone. I'm not black so I wouldn't know how they are treated but if you were him wouldn't you like to get treated with respect as well. I look forward to your replies and hope we can settle this peacefully. "

Or this:

"Hello everyone. I have been wondering this for a while now but what if a woman were to ask you for some help whether it be chopping timber or helping them in their tax returns would you be offended or would you act as normally as a cow would say moo? As immodest as it may seem, would you judge her differently because of her attitude towards her pride as below?

or would you get past her personality and lend a fellow human being a helping hand? The way I see it, we were all created differently so why should it matter what their views are if it doesn't hurt anyone. I'm not a woman so I wouldn't know how they are treated but if you were her wouldn't you like to get treated with respect as well. I look forward to your replies and hope we can settle this peacefully. "

It sometimes helps people to see things a little more outside the box. There should be judgement involved. People are people. Especially in the case of "religious" people, who are forbidden to judge, yet do it more than anyone else it would seem. Why even bring it up. Someone wants help, help them. Why does your opinion even need to be known to this person? And why would anyone even have an opinion. Their life has nothing to do with yours.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i was told by my father to hate the sin, but never the sinner

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Well, I believe in God, I guess you could call me a Christian (though I hate religion), so yes, I would help them out. I probably would make it known I don't agree with his lifestyle, just as much as he'd let it be known what his lifestyle is. Besides, I don't hate them, I love all of my fellow man and woman on this planet, who would I be if I didn't try to make this world better even if it's just by helping out a fellow man?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If someone happens to need help and asks me for it, I most likely will help.
I try not to ask where they prefer to stick stuff as a prerequisite though.
It would be an awkward conversation at best.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Being gay myself I can say here in canada i havent encountered issues with no one offering me help because of my sexuality. But i dont go around swinging a pride flag over my head.

Now one issue i have with people is how they think im a minority race, or some sort of different fragile being (over the years of work you wouldnt believe how many "macho guys" think i need help with that heavy box >.>). We really arent. The homosexual community is quite diverse so that, I guess you can say sets "us" apart from the rest making us a slight deviant from the norm. But i dont want to be treated like i need a seperate community.

Its hard to explain but what i want is just what i see here in this thread, which is normal things you would do for a straight person. I basically dont want to be treated like a gay man but a fellow man. Theres one difference to me that is only in who I love and commit to.

And besides things like all this gay pride are great but people seem to forget theres even worse things like people who hate based on color of just skin.....i know its slightly splitting hairs but you get my drift. Nice to see ATSers so accepting

link   
Im confused??
Does this individual approach you and say "Hi, I'm gay, want to help me chop firewood?" or is he wearing a sign of some sort? Do you ask people about their sexuality before you consider helping them?

I guess the point is, how would you know to begin with?

link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello everyone. I have been wondering this for a while now but what if a gay person were to ask you for some help whether it be chopping timber or helping them in their tax returns would you be offended or would you act as normally as a cow would say moo?

Even if it's a gay person flaunting their most flaming gayness, why would them asking for help offend anyone?

How could someone needing some help be offensive?

If the person in question needed some help in a sexual way, just say no, and laugh it off.

** I know you weren't asking that, but I couldn't think of anything else that might offend some people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join