It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up...Dazed & Confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have always considered time a matter of semantics and have never really enjoyed dealing with it. However, I have always been good at telling what time it is without a need for a clock. Basically, if I were walking with someone down the street or something and they ask me if I know what time it is, I can more than likely tell them what time it is within 15 minutes.

For the last week and a half when I wake up in the morning, I am completely lost, time wise. I will sit up and look at the clock and think that cannot be the right time or the right day. So, I go and get my cell phone to double check my bedside clock, and my cell phone always backs up my clock with the same date and time. As I sit on my bed scratching my head either trying to figure out what time it really is or if I should just accept that my clocks are indeed correct. This morning was the worst so far, not only did I not believe the time, I did not believe what day it was, in fact I had no idea as to what day it could have been as it is. As I sat there and had an internal argument with myself, was it Friday - nope, Monday - nope, Saturday - nope, but my clocks say it is definitely Thursday, which I still refused to believe. So, I called my mom and had to ask her, just what I needed, a worried mother. But she set me straight and by then I was coherent and went to shower and all was fine for the rest of the day.

One thing to mention, and not sure of any relevance but I never dream, or at least I never remember my dreams. Quite honestly I am glad that I do not remember them either, they are rather disturbing or were, and I do not recall the last dream that I have remembered.

Any ideas on things that cause me to be so lost in the morning or any other supernatural things.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is your Biological Clock helping guess the time of day and it sounds like for some reason it's off a little lately.

All living things, including humans, are guided by internal mechanisms known as biological clocks. These "clocks" signal when to wake, sleep, eat, bloom, hibernate, migrate, and more! While the science of biological clocks is complicated and not fully understood, we do know that the sunlight (especially the number of daylight hours, or photoperiod) is the most powerful synchronizer or these daily, monthly, and annual rhythms for plants and animals.

Tick Tock : Biological Clock
edit on 28-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The only time in my life where I have experienced anything close to this is when I have been on vacation and have no schedule to adhere to. I go to bed when I want, have naps and wake up when I want. Otherwise, I have to adhere to a schedule of sorts, so am usually aware within reason as to what time/day it is.

Are you presently going through a time in your life with lots of free time and no schedule?

I have also woken up after an afternoon nap and been discombobulated when I first wake up...but that is a one-off type of situation.

The lack of recollection of your dreams is odd. Usually I am aware of dreams I have had several time a week.

Have you explored weather you have some sort of sleep disorder?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin Lives!

Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused

It's all good....no worries.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am also pretty good with time. I very rarely need the alarm clock and usually wake up 5-10 mins before the alarm goes off even in day light savings time changes. Every now and then things will go completely out of sync. For me it is once or twice a year. The alarm clock will wake me up and I have to really think hard about why the alarm is going off before it really clicks in my head I need to shut it the hell off and get up and go to work. Sometimes it happens I have to think hard about what day of the week it is also. After I get my head cleared things seem to go back to normal.

I used to fly all over the US for work. Sometimes if I got into the hotel late and don't have a lot of time in the room before I get to sleep to familiarize myself with the place I will wake up freaking out not knowing were the hell I am.
I think that maybe normal though.

As for dreaming it comes and goes for me. However lately, maybe the last year or so, I have been able to remember some parts of my dreams and I have been able to connect how they came about by relating them with reality. Most of the time my dreams will have parts in them that reflected what I was thinking about that day and even things I experienced that day. I also noticed the last month or so I have had repeat dreams that I have not had in maybe 15 years. What surprised me about them is the detail is perfect from the original dreams. I have a hard time remembering real life events from 15 years ago.

I tend to think that subttle changes in you normal habbits will have effects on your dreams and other things. If I was you I would look at what has changed in your life lately. Look at even things that seem insignificant. One day I bought a new wallet as I washed my old one, that night I had a dream about loseing my wallet. A few days later it clicked in my head why I had that dream. Even though I didn't lose the wallet originally I always feared losing it. Being I had wallet on my mind that day I had that dream. I often have dreams of things I fear and I have noticed lately that a trigger event will set off that dream.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Seems like it is short circuiting.

reply to post by Ultraman2011

Actually, I think I function better that way, no schedule. I am employed so I can't sit around all day, not that I would sit around anyways. I am accustomed to not remembering my dreams, it is what it is and I do not worry about it. Every now and then there is an instance where I do remember that I dreamed, but that is it, I could not tell you anything about it other than it was extremely vivid, as usual. I do suffer from insomnia a little bit but it does not seem be acting up, none of the symptoms for me are apparent.

The thing that sucks the most about it is, I can not decide if I need to get dressed for work or, pack up the range bags and go shooting.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Do you by any chance wake up still feeling drained?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mental Maze

Sometimes, but usually I wake up, shake the cob webs out and I am ready to go.

top topics

join