It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Cave Underworld Under Investigation!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think Egyptians used the myth of the "underworld serpent" to impose fear upon their citizens to prevent anyone from accessing the underground caves. My speculations of why higher authorities in ancient Egypt wanted to hide this caves is because there is hidden secrets buried deep down revealed to them by "the gods" or the "heavenly people". I mean, they must really want to keep this under secrecy considering they really took time and accurate architecture to seal the entrance to these caves with the pyramids.

or....

maybe the pyramids were design to work as some type of seals to close the door ways to the underworld and now we are breaking these seals in search of a physical ancient treasure of some sort, i hope that by doing so we dont end up opening the doors of hell.. :O

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Sadly,

You may be right. Corruption is as pervasive as sand.

As far as Hawass goes, he's always irritated me with the "egypt-centric" view of things. John West and Robert Schoch's research on the sphinx should have been enough to have him (at least) have doubts. I noticed on one posters links that Mark Lehrner is on the scene. He was one of the worst detractors of West and Schoch. Gotta keept the OS going i suppose.

Oh well.

It just seemed that he was always very passionate about the artifacts. Regardless of his views, i found that admirable. I wonder how much was stolen to private hands during the BS revolt over there. Vast amounts never to be seen by the public again.

Sad.

I still have faith that "the knowledge" will "reach out" eventually. You can't hold it back.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I agree. He clearly does care about the antiquities a lot.

Some are just so used to instant gratification that if they dont get the information they want right now they fling themselves to the floor and kick their little feet and pound their little hands.

Science done properly is slow and methodical. Including archaeology, and especially archaeology. You dont want to mess things up and destroy evidence. You also dont want a bunch of nutters running through the area possibly stealing or altering things.

Patience. Is a virtue.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if millions of people flew to Egypt and gathrered together then marched to the caves to take over the expedition. Its pretty sad thats that all it would take, sure a few people might die in the conflicts but in the end we'll have took control of our own history and destiny. Or we can just sit here and wait for them to tell us whatever the hell they feel like tellin us to shut us up.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
s&f
I've been waiting on more info, but am sad to read the quote;

"We are clearing this system now, and it is a Late Period catacomb, like many others around Egypt," he stated this week. "There is no mystery about it, and there is no connection with esoteric topics. We will publish our results as part of our normal process."
www.viewzone.com...
No mystery, just caves...

You're not serious...are you?! That quote was Hawass denying the existence of the cave system that Collins discovered and told him about!

Hawass is not an honest man...did you read the whole article or just that one liars quote?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
I wonder what would happen if millions of people flew to Egypt and gathrered together then marched to the caves to take over the expedition.

What would happen is that the morons who would even contemplate such an action would destroy evidence and ruin the find.

link   

Originally posted by scojak
Awesome! It's about time they got somebody other than Hawass to investigate the site! I just hope they don't decide to cover up whatever Hawass was trying to cover up.

edit on 4/28/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

Yes, agreed, however should anything of a covert monumental nature be discovered I highly doubt that the public will ever hear of it.

Do we really believe that just because Hawass is now gone that we have now ensured ourselves powers who are honest, transparent and really concerned about "the people"?

"Holy-Mummy turds Batman, we've just uncovered the secrets of Atlantis, Alien life, time travel and the mysterious God Particle all in one place....we better get this valuable information out to the public and inform them as soon as we possibly can...call for a worldwide press conference immediately I say, IMMEDIATELY!' Golly-Gee Willikers...just wait till everybody hears about this !!!"

Highly unlikely !!!

edit on 29-4-2011 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

link   

I wonder what would happen if millions of people flew to Egypt and gathrered together then marched to the caves to take over the expedition. Its pretty sad thats that all it would take, sure a few people might die in the conflicts but in the end we'll have took control of our own history and destiny. Or we can just sit here and wait for them to tell us whatever the hell they feel like tellin us to shut us up.

The Egyptian military would mow them all down.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Originally posted by kenochs
Is it just me or would we like to see some pictures that suggest there actually is a deep underground cave system? Come on..

Andrew Collins Photographs

The linked site doesn't show a single photo of a cave.

Are there any such photos?

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hawass did explore the caves on or about Sept. 2010. You can see them in the History Channel's "Chasing Mummies" in the episode called "Bats". A review of it can be found here:

www.mysterious-america.net...

As I remember from my original watching of this Hawass discovered bats and that his ego is still overly large.

BTW, isn't the first part of his name "Haw" Egyptian for Horse's?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have no faith in the egyptian government allowing any serious investigation to occur frankly.
Well, not sure now..it depends on what new form of government is installed...it could be a great event for archeologist, or they might get fanatics that will simply blow up the pyramids in the name of islam

incidently, this is one of the reasons I hate islam...their radicals destroy history that is confrontational towards their books...yes, I know...only radicals..but your radicals have a way of ruling nations...sort it out guys!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
thats scandalous how can someone choose financial gain over the learning curve of
their own people?
If he had nothing to gain from in-exposure why hide it to begin with?
If a 20 dollar bill was worthless you'd hand them out to everyone on the street for free just a little analogy

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I wonder what would happen if millions of people flew to Egypt and gathrered together then marched to the caves to take over the expedition.

What would happen is that the morons who would even contemplate such an action would destroy evidence and ruin the find.

Exactly.
Why do some think everything can be solved by simply forming a unruly mob...like somehow that wouldn't be a disaster on a monumental scale.

Whats needed is a few independent people to be assigned the project and report back transparently.
The only issue is of course the trustworthy aspect...try to find someone whom has principles above personal threats...meaning no spouse, no children, nothing that can be threatened should they go public.

edit on 29-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: fingers faster than spelling part of brain it appears

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

incidently, this is one of the reasons I hate islam...their radicals destroy history that is confrontational towards their books...yes, I know...only radicals..but your radicals have a way of ruling nations...sort it out guys!

Meh. Its not that I disagree that Islam does it, but it certainly is not limited to Islam. The Christians did their very best to destroy all sorts of knowledge. And in many cases they succeeded. We will never know how much was lost in the burning of the Library at Alexandria.

Not to mention all the scientists and philosophers after that whose work and even whose bodies were burned.

And now we have people doing the same basic thing for secular reasons with censorship, and control of information.

Power seekers of all kinds seek to control information. The religious ones are simply often more open about it since they feel God is on their side.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Meh. Its not that I disagree that Islam does it, but it certainly is not limited to Islam. The Christians did their very best to destroy all sorts of knowledge. And in many cases they succeeded. We will never know how much was lost in the burning of the Library at Alexandria.

Difference being, Alexandra/dark ages happened a very, very long time ago
they are destroying crap today in islam...stuck in the dark ages.
Christianity, for all their faults (and there is a list a freaking mile long) at least has gotten past the supression of knowledge...and now simply tries to twist all knowledge and logic...

Not to mention all the scientists and philosophers after that whose work and even whose bodies were burned.

Again, dark ages verses now.
I make no apologys for christianitys epic fails, however, it seems they have learned from their mistakes (if you want to call em mistakes). I am worried about what is happening right now, and tomorrow...for now, islam is the unruly mob

And now we have people doing the same basic thing for secular reasons with censorship, and control of information.

I disagree..most reasons are hardly secular. Censorship is the new blowing up of information for sure, and it always leads back to morality being legislated.
Actually, in considering it, Christians stopped destroying artifacts, but they have now taken on a new way of information destruction with censorship and morality causes that eliminate information...so, they are not out of the boiling pot yet.

bah...there should be a worldwide ban on religion (one can dream)

As far as corporate censorship, well thats the religion of profit. That is perhaps the strongest power of knowledge destruction on earth today...corporate entities manipulating facts, corrupting science, and brainwashing the people...the worst part being they do it so subtly that half the people think the move is to ensure the freedom of information or that the other side of the coin is the lie.

its a insane world...at least when something explodes in fire, we still have enough brain capacity to know thats not good.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

The snake could be interpreted as labyrinthine tunnels from which explorers never return, once swallowed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh, and the discussion is about pyramids and tunnels underneath...which is in a islam controlled area of the world that just overturned their government to establish a ____ style government. That is the only relevant bit here, not christian crusades or anything else.

Eyes are on islam to see what they do.

If there is information for say, a cure for cancer, I won't worry about islam nerfing that research...I will become distressed at corporate supression

If a alien ship is discovered in israel, I will worry about jewish supression, etc...gotta have context to misery. heh
edit on 29-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: typo- shesh, I am off today...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Difference being, Alexandra/dark ages happened a very, very long time ago
they are destroying crap today in islam...stuck in the dark ages.
Christianity, for all their faults (and there is a list a freaking mile long) at least has gotten past the supression of knowledge...and now simply tries to twist all knowledge and logic...

No. There are still factions that burn books and try to get the teaching of things that directly contradict their doctrine banned. Its still fairly aggressive, and Christianity is also operating within a system that checks it. If we didnt within 20 year you would have Christian groups (not all of them) behaving in much the same way some Islamic groups do, and within 100 years, you would likely not be able to tell the difference between the two.

In my life time, Christians were murdering people and blowing up or burning abortion clinics. Until the law cracked down on them and the new laws on terrorism made the stakes go up. And I know that was a small radical group, but when people are rewarded for or get away with such behavior, it spreads and escalates.

I disagree..most reasons are hardly secular. Censorship is the new blowing up of information for sure, and it always leads back to morality being legislated.

Not always. Leaders almost always conceal their economic motives for war, and offer a religious or moral reason to the people to make it more palatable than "I want you to go kill these people and possibly die yourself to make me and my friends richer." What is being concealed is not religious. Its greed. And lots of secular history is re-written or concealed at least for a while. Its why we have the saying "history is written by the victors." We know that what we are handed is self serving rubbish on the most part.

Actually, in considering it, Christians stopped destroying artifacts, but they have now taken on a new way of information destruction with censorship and morality causes that eliminate information...so, they are not out of the boiling pot yet.

bah...there should be a worldwide ban on religion (one can dream)

Agreed. They do as much as they can get away with, and thats less in the West, (because after thousands of years of their bad behavior we finally checked them) but the religions themself still have the same underlying intolerance for anything that contradicts them, and they will use whatever means they feel they can get away with to eliminate it. (Or twist it if elimination is not a viable option)

As far as corporate censorship, well thats the religion of profit. That is perhaps the strongest power of knowledge destruction on earth today...corporate entities manipulating facts, corrupting science, and brainwashing the people...

Exactly. Its sadly not just religion, although some religions are notorious fans of the tactic. Its people. Which is the only point I really wanted to make. I know its easy to dislike Islam, many of them make it SOOO easy to dislike it, and them, but..................we need to not lose sight of the fact that it is not limited to them. Focusing on them exclusively causes one to take their eye off the rest of us. Which is a bad idea, since many people will behave that way if they can.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh, and the discussion is about pyramids and tunnels underneath...which is in a islam controlled area of the world that just overturned their government to establish a ____ style government. That is the only relevant bit here, not christian crusades or anything else.

Eyes are on islam to see what they do.

Im more worried about poor people taking stuff to sell than I am what "Islam" will do, personally. I would guess that is the bigger and more immediate threat.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wonder if they will find the Hall of Records and I wonder what they may contain? Even more important will the governments share it with us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join