It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Cave Underworld Under Investigation!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
These are possibilities, and this may just be the "truth" hidden in those caves, who knows...

I've asked before and didn't see any answer so here I go again.

None of the pics linked in this thread, not a one, and none of the pics on linked sites in this thread - again, not a one - shows a cave.

Why are we calling these chambers caves? It is plain to see (so far) that these chambers are man-made.

Does anyone have a link to any pics that show actual caves connected to these carved-out chambers?

Harte

I'm afraid that I haven't any links for you but there most certainly are pics of natural caves connected to the carved out chambers in Andrew Collins's book on this discovery - 'Beneath the Pyramids'. These are of undoubtedly natural caves although one of the pictures allegedly shows chiselling in one of the further caves in the complex that he visited in 2008 - I say allegedly because it is difficult to make out any chisel marks in the picture. The cave system as shown in the author's plan runs southwards from the tomb and is entered through a chamber on the west side of the rear of the tomb. They were unable to explore the full extent of the system but did find at the farthest point that they were able to reach that there was a round narrow tubular passage leading off further in a southerly direction.

peace
J

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Originally posted by kenochs
Is it just me or would we like to see some pictures that suggest there actually is a deep underground cave system? Come on..

Andrew Collins Photographs

No cave pics on that website.

Harte

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Not in that article there aren't. I see that he ends the piece with the following promise to update with more pics..

As we are allowed to publish more photos from excursions into the tomb, subterranean galleries and caves, I shall try and update this article, bringing you the very latest developments in this fascinating mystery of our times.

.. but never did. They are there in the book though. I guess he wants folk to buy the book, has to make a living like the rest of us after all.

edit - there is ONE phote of the caves at the bottom of this article:

www.andrewcollins.com...

edit - a couple more here:

www.andrewcollins.com...

edit to add - there are more pictures in the book and they are better than those.

Edit - There are also pictures of the caves near the bottom of this page:

www.andrewcollins.com...

Why are we saying there are no pics on the website?

peace
J

edit on 8-5-2011 by skjalddis because: added further link

edit on 8-5-2011 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2011 by skjalddis because: added link

edit on 8-5-2011 by skjalddis because: correction

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

do you have a browser problem or why cant you see the fotos??

edit on 8-5-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Thanks. That's more like it.

Originally posted by anti72
reply to post by Harte

do you have a browser problem or why cant you see the fotos??

No problem viewing photos. It was just that the linked page didn't have any photos of the caves. The only photos were of carved-out chambers.

Harte

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I will catch up on this thread in the morning, im a liitle behind on it.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but i thought id put it up before i go to bed.
ill watch this tomorrow.

Sorry i cant say much about it as i only just found it.

Night guys x x x
edit on 9/5/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I just finished watching the video I posted last night.
And I recommend it.

For some reason or another while I was watching it, I had an image of a horse juts appear in my mind.
This entrance was associated with birds, maybe just... just maybe, there is another associated with horses.
And no i have never had anything to do with horses, so there is no reason for me to even get an image of one.

And I’m also curios to know how many steel gates DR Hawass has installed all over Egypt.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

great video. the one thing i didnt seem to understand is that the tomb of birds didnt line up with the top star of cygnus. so what actually does?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Haven't talked to you in a while on here, Harte.

What do you think of Egyptian officials admitting they were investigating an underground complex that they had previously denied?

It's interesting how they don't tell the truth about these things, or that it has "taken us so long" to finally hear of them, huh? I mean a site as old as Giza, you'd think this would be old news by now, huh?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by Harte

Haven't talked to you in a while on here, Harte.

What do you think of Egyptian officials admitting they were investigating an underground complex that they had previously denied?

It's interesting how they don't tell the truth about these things, or that it has "taken us so long" to finally hear of them, huh? I mean a site as old as Giza, you'd think this would be old news by now, huh?

Glad to see you around, BS.

My understanding is that it actually is "old news," the tomb (and, presumably, any caverns) having been discovered in 1946, I believe.

However, I don't see anything in the linked story in the OP about anyone admitting anything about a labyrinth of caves extending under the pyramids (other than, of course, Collins who has so much stupidity in his narrative about this that I'm disinclined to believe the caves are even there.)

Have you read the inanity he's written about Cygnus?

Harte

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

My understanding is that it actually is "old news," the tomb (and, presumably, any caverns) having been discovered in 1946, I believe.

I suppose your source for that is buried somewhere within these 12 pages where it's impossible for you to retrieve it?

However, I don't see anything in the linked story in the OP about anyone admitting anything about a labyrinth of caves extending under the pyramids (other than, of course, Collins who has so much stupidity in his narrative about this that I'm disinclined to believe the caves are even there.)

I figured you would think something was so stupid about this that you just outright rejected it. Things will get much stupider for you in the future, I can promise you that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I suppose your source for that is buried somewhere within these 12 pages where it's impossible for you to retrieve it?

Sorry. But I was wrong anyway. The site was known before the 1940's:

The Harvard-MFA Expedition also produced preliminary plans of these North Cliff tombs. Tomb NC2 does not yet have an individual tomb record on the 
Giza Archives Project Web site, but it will eventually, as will its companions NC1 and NC3. In the meantime, one archaeological drawing at the MFA in Boston, by Expedition draftsman Alexander Floroff, is dated April 29, 1939. The inked version of this pencil drawing (figure 4 below) shows the façade of NC2 (see figure 5), the pillared chamber behind, and the long corridor extending further to the south.
Source
Accompanying drawing of the tomb layout, from 1939:

I figured you would think something was so stupid about this that you just outright rejected it. Things will get much stupider for you in the future, I can promise you that.

I reject Collin's "theory" about Cygnus, of course.

Have you read what he's written?

If you have, surely you agree with me?

As far as the caves, again, there's no mention of any Egyptian official or Archeological professional saying anything about them in the linked article in the OP, much less admitting to their existence.
Not sure why that's my fault.

What I've read of Collins is what causes me to be disinclined to believe him. Again, not sure how that's my fault but whatever floats your boat, pal.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I've not read what the guy you're talking about has said, but I still say that if you think stories about undiscovered cavern complexes below the Pyramids are stupid, then you're going to be hearing much, much more stupidity.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I've not read what the guy you're talking about has said, but I still say that if you think stories about undiscovered cavern complexes below the Pyramids are stupid, then you're going to be hearing much, much more stupidity.

Here:

The significance of this is that the ejecta produced by such jets could easily be responsible for increased levels of cosmic rays reaching the Earth. This includes Cygnus X-3's unique cygnet particles which, being neutrally charged, reach the Earth directly from source, and are able to penetrate deep underground, which is something that cosmic rays are usually unable to do, since they are positively charged and break up before they reach the surface of the planet (neutrinos, which are negatively charged cosmic particles with almost no mass, pass through the earth all the time without affecting anything). More importantly, recent findings by Japanese and Chinese scientists using data from a facility in Tibet have shown that there is even today a huge excess of high energy cosmic rays coming from a point in the Cygnus constellation, close to the astronomical coordinates of Cygnus X-3.

And

This staggering scenario might well explain why our ancestors came to recognize the celestial swan as so important to their religious mindset, since there is every reason to conclude that ancient shamans who achieved altered states of consciousness in deep cave settings, most obviously using hallucinogens, somehow became aware of the effect Cygnus was having on their lives. This might seem impossible. However, there is every chance that they would have been able to see the disintegration underground of cygnet particles, through a process known as Cherenkov radiation, which allows decaying cosmic rays to be seen as ghostly flashes of white or blue-white light as they pass through the aqueous part of the eye.

Further down:

Thus a shaman in the total darkness of a deep cave setting would be troubled only by incoming cosmic rays from just a very few deep space sources, the most likely being Cygnus X-3 (although some facilities have detected a weaker cosmic particle inbound from a source designated Hercules X-1).

Source

Problem is, the galaxy is thick with cosmic ray sources, including our own sun:
Read it here
More here

Collins is clearly in waaay over his head with this Cygnus stuff. I find him hard to believe due to what I know about this, and what he says even though (apparently) he knows very little, if anything, about the subject. I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't do the same thing concerning this tomb.

Anyway, I only said I was disinclined to believe the caves were even there, not that I don't think they are. This disinclination is the fault of Collins and his chronic astonishment and hyperbole.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Anyway, I only said I was disinclined to believe the caves were even there, not that I don't think they are. This disinclination is the fault of Collins and his chronic astonishment and hyperbole.

If you think there may be a cavern system down there after all, why do you think officials have been so slow to say anything about it?

In the 1800s the British, working with Egyptians, dynamited their way through chambers in the Pyramids. Since then we have electronic and acoustic systems that can "see" underground without having to disturb anything. And yet these questions and possibilities still remain, and officials seem very slow and hesitant to look or admit much about them.

This is what I'm getting at. If there is something down there yet to be announced, then they've really been trying to hide something from us, haven't they? I can think of no other excuse, with today's technology, why they would be so hesitant about all this.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If you think there may be a cavern system down there after all, why do you think officials have been so slow to say anything about it?

Collins answered this question himself saying they probably overlooked it when they first explored the tomb. Collins himself says his crew didn't see it at first,.

Assuming, of course, there are caves there.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Collins answered this question himself saying they probably overlooked it

So in about 200 years of modern exploration of this whole ancient site, after constant discoveries of new chambers and this and that the more time goes on, by all the different parties in the world who have different interests there (Americans, British, Egyptians, etc.), the excuse is, a handful of guys just overlooked it? They are always "overlooking" things aren't they? Apparently, since the discoveries still haven't stopped coming from Giza.

There's no way to prove that, but of course you can believe what you want. In my own opinion, they know more than they let on, and we still don't know even the tip of the iceberg as far as the real history of all of these things.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Any updates on this? Can't seem to find anything new on this? Anyone who is down there possibly keeping a blog or something?
Nothing I hate more than when I hear about great discoveries like these with no conclusion or follow-up. Just like the recent discoveries in Flores Island in the Azores recently.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Collins answered this question himself saying they probably overlooked it

So in about 200 years of modern exploration of this whole ancient site, after constant discoveries of new chambers and this and that the more time goes on, by all the different parties in the world who have different interests there (Americans, British, Egyptians, etc.), the excuse is, a handful of guys just overlooked it? They are always "overlooking" things aren't they? Apparently, since the discoveries still haven't stopped coming from Giza.

AFAIK, the tomb hasn't even been entered in 60 years until Collins. There's thousands of potential projects in Egypt. 90% not being done. No one to do them.

Harte

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There are around 125+ known major sites in Egypt that have not been excavated and around 10,000 untouched minor sites plus tens of thousand others that have not been cateloged, big place, lots or stuff

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join