It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government For Crime Sindicates??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok, I dont know wether this is the right place to put this, but here it is:

Most Crime sindicates are mostly funded by Drugs (except the Mafia they are funded mostly by Racketeering but are still funded by drugs also)

So it seems simple to me, all the goverment has to do is legalise drugs, This may be an unplesant point of view for most, but if they sell the drugs publicly addiction wont mean people stealing for the drugs, because they wont cost a bomb because they will be legal. Crime Sindicates will loose ALOT of funding from it, and more than likely fall from it. The goverment would also make ALOT of money from taxes (like they do with Alcohol and Tobacco)

Yet the goverment still refuses to do this? It would stop alot of crime sindicates and cripple others, and the goverment gets alot of money out of it too?? It seems win win!!

So why not do it? Perhaps they have been paid off by the crime sindicates?

Please dont bite my head off for saying that or anything, im just asking what you lot think.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ok, sounds like a thought, legalise drugs... well, wouldnt that just make alot of people die earlier and addiction becomes out of hand, and people die from overdosing?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not really, because if addiction became out of hand, they could just goto one of those meetings and get goverment help to give up, since its legal they wont have any worries about doing it. Also, people shouldnt overdose by mistake because what they would be buy would be pure, and the health warnings would be clearly stated on the packaging.

Anyone else got any views on this? Everyone else seems to be keeping quiet =(

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Crime is involved in the drug market percicely because it is illegal. Make it legal and the crime that is currently associated with it will vanish. Also, part of the allure of drugs to young people is the very fact that it is illegal. It becomes a tool of rebellion and teenage dissent.

The true crime syndicates that benefit from the WOD are actually the Pharmaceutical companies, Paper and Synthetic Fiber producers, Alcohol manufacturers, and Law Enforcement Organizations. Yes, the Government is well paid by these Corperate Mafiosos to keep cheap, viable alternitives to their products from becoming available in the free market.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for that... does anyone else have any views?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree completely with Ambient Sound.

If you tell a child "don't go in their", the child will eventually go in their.

If drugs were legal, I believe children in the inner cities would be more likely to become productive members of society. The drug dealers don't seem to work very hard, they drive nice cars, they have lots of jewelry, and they have lots of ladies. The factory worker works all the time, does not have a nice car, has little jewelry, and a comparatively boring life. Which path is little "johnny" more likely to choose?

It has become quite obvious that marijuana has some very beneficial medical qualities. It is also something everyone can grow in their yards. The pharmaceutical companies will do everything possible to keep people from growing their own medicine for free.

I also feel that the US government as well as individual 'crime fighters" are profiting nicely due to the 'war on drugs'. This is just my observation.

I also find the arguments pointing to increased drug use if they were legal somewhat speculative. I for one, do not see myself using drugs if they are legalized. That's just me though.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
yeah i suppose it would have an effect on children too, but It wouldnt really be seen as a problem anymore and more of a social thing, since 95% of all drugs use are used in a recreational way (same way we use alcohol) even with it being illegal, but the thing is because its illegal its seen as a bad thing, and all the bad names with drugs like people dying is due to them being illegal, because its illegal people mix the stuff with other things (eg - sugar and talcom powder with coc aine) so the user doesnt know what strength they are using, this leads to over dose, if it was legal the strength would always be 100%... and also things like ecstacy the user doesnt know how to use it, if it was legal there would be saftey advise on the packaging (ecstacy users should drink a pint of non-alcoholic fluids every hour while on the drug) so those dangers would disappear.

With the thing that drug addiction leads to stealing, if the drug isnt like 50 for a gram... and more like 5 for a small package of it. They wont need to steal to get it.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Drugs are illegal because the government makes money on their sale. Legalizing them and adding taxes would be great, but it wouldn't do much to fund the CIA because that tax revenue is collected and accounted for.

With the black market, you have a billion-dollar product that will always be in demand, with no accountability, at great expense, and you get all the profits.

The illegality is also a great tool for controlling society. People will always indulge in mind-altering drugs. They always have, they always will. Given the fact a society will always be using, the social stigma associated with altering mood and perception, and the human association of guilt with pleasure, it's easy to have a ban on one drug or another so that when you wish to prosecute someone, you simply find the type of drug they are using and nail them on those charges.

An individual's propensity for pursuing illegal drugs is commencerate with their obedience to authority. Of course marijuana is about as harmless as a drug can be. However, anyone smart enough to realize that the laws against it are irrational and uses it is someone who is likely to question authority, and therefor is someone who cannot be trusted. There are many productive people who are law-abiding and tax paying that feed their heads, so to speak.

Now, you can't jail someone for free thinking, but you can create idiotic laws that serve no other purpose besides standing as a litmus test for blind obedience to the state. That's the true value of anti-marijuana laws to the Federal Government.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Jesus, you do whiter on about stuff dont you?? Half of it doesnt even make sense!! I mean HOW does the goverment make money of off ILLEGAL drugs?? Its only the legal ones like Alcohol and Tobbacco, IF drugs were LEGAL the goverment would make money out of them.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have just found out that in Switzerland they have already legalised drugs, and have 0% drug related crime, have a system to stop addiction taking over their lives and drug lords and dealers have fled the country. Shouldn't other countries follow in switzerlands steps? I recon they should

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't think it is a panacea, but I think it makes sense to legalize them for of-age adults.

people get so moralistic about drugs, while they smoke their cigarettes and drink their alcohol. People are so hypocritical it is laughable. Truth is though it is really sad.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes i know what you mean, For SOME reason most people wont talk or even think about drugs, other than an evil problem of socity, I dont like the way people think on things like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
amazing idea that: legalise drugs!
NOT

why should we give into those who take drugs, drugs are illegal because they are bad for us, people die because of them

by legalising drugs people will die as the drugs will become more easily available

how can you sit behind your computer and say we should legalise Cocaine, Ecstasy, Heroin, '___'

legalising drugs is a crazy idea

your idealogy could be applyed to any crime, non-violent mugging doesn't psyhically hurt any one, why not legalise that and tax it!!!!!!!!

madness

drugs are bad, plain and simple

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
amazing idea that: legalise drugs!
NOT

why should we give into those who take drugs, drugs are illegal because they are bad for us, people die because of them

by legalising drugs people will die as the drugs will become more easily available

how can you sit behind your computer and say we should legalise Cocaine, Ecstasy, Heroin, '___'

legalising drugs is a crazy idea

your idealogy could be applyed to any crime, non-violent mugging doesn't psyhically hurt any one, why not legalise that and tax it!!!!!!!!

madness

drugs are bad, plain and simple

Christ, these are the people im on about, have u actually read and taken in this thread? Drugs like coc aine and heroin are harmfull because of the fact they are illegal, I mean for crying out loud in switzerland they have barely any problems, and drug related crime has gone to 0%!! Cant be bad!! and most other crimes are below 10%!! Drugs are just as bad as Alcohol, Tobbacco or Caffiene, that are legal

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
Drugs like coc aine and heroin are harmfull because of the fact they are illegal

and there was me thinking it was because they screwed your insides up, making them legal won't stop the effects of them

drug related crime has gone to 0%

of course it has, how can you have legal crime??? possesion and the taking of drugs can't be a crime as they've made it legal

[edit on 24-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The_Squid was quite happy arguing with me untill he made a stupid comment

Drugs like coc aine and heroin are harmfull because of the fact they are illegal

are you ever going to reply The_Squid ??????

sorry if you havn't replyed for another reason

[edit on 25-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was outside doing things for a few days so I couldnt reply, unlike SOME nerds...

Drugs are mainly bad for you because they are mixed with crap, like 20% coc aine and 80% mixed in crap... like talcom powder or sugar. The mixed in crap it bad for you for a start... but if sombody is used to that strength mixture, and then they get a mixture thats 40% coc aine and 60% mixed crap (without knowing it) because they dont actually tell whats been mixed in with it and what strength it is, the user is not used to that strength and overdoses.

Also tablets like ecstasy, there are warnings that the dealer wont stick around to tell the user because its illegal, if it was legal the warnings would be on the packaging... for example an ecstasy user needs to drink a pint of non-alcoholic fluid every hour to avoid de-hydration and death from over heating.

Im not saying ALL the bad things would go away, just nearly all of them... the risk would be the same as things like alcohol that are legal, and if its mixed with somthing it states the stength of the mix.

It would also state things like the health warnings and things, for example the ecstasy warnings and what you need to do while on the drug.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All drugs are bad for you if you have them in too high quantitys. this is called an overdose. nearly all drugs have medicinal applications. notice how caffiene, nicotene and acohol have no medicinal qualities?

Cigarettes kill more people than all other drugs combined, they are heavily addictive and causes nearly most forms of cancer. Most illegal drug deaths are to do with the ever varying quality of the drugs. because of this people take as much as their used to taking without the knowledge that the drug they are taking is stronger than their usual mix.

I know from experience that if you drink a lot of caffiene in a short space of time then stop drinking it, even if your asleep, you will have withdrawal syptoms like headaches and vomiting.

Smoking is an awful habit, not only does it help kill you quicker but it affects the people around you as well. why should people be allowed to smoke if it causes a risk to people who dont wish to smoke? at least with most drugs their only doing harm to themselves, not anyone standing near them.

Alcohol is a social drug, like pot, and causes any feeling felt at the time you get drunk to be amplified. So if you drink to drown your sorrows your going to be very sad.

The problem with drugs most people find is that people kill each other over them. does anyone in britain remember when that kid stabbed another kid over pokemon cards? why? because he was a moronic idiot who thought that pokemon cards were more important than another humans life. it is the same with drugs.

how many people in this topic at the moment smoke? im guessing everyone who smokes in here a) thought it was hard at the time and got addicted, b) is a complete moron who thinks he can stop at any time or c) finds it helps with stress. whatever the reason cigarettes are just as bad for you as most illegal drugs in the long run.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd just like to add another point that I found out, Narcotics (Opiates)
and by narcotics I mean Opium, Heroin and Morphene... since they are the actual narcotics, not the american narcotics that means coc aine (for some odd reason)

But Opium, Morphene and Heroin (if they are pure) people have smoked them for 25 years (average) and had no bad things happen to them from the drug.

Thats ALOT longer than anything else including alcohol and tobbacco.

So I dont see how people find opiates (narcotics) really bad.

Its the IMPURITY thats bad, and that can easily be solved by leagalising it.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
See my post above for the answer to this thread's question, but let's drop all pretense of the government keeping it illegal because any of these substances might be bad for you. The reasons are economic and idealology based. Health has nothing to do with it or alcohol would be illegal. There can be no arguement to this statement as alcohol is by far the biggest health hazard in suffering caused and damage done. Cannibis has never killed anyone and it is impossible to overdose on it. Yes, I said impossible, though I suppose if you ate enough of it at once it might put you out for a while, but it still wouldn't kill you, unlike alcohol poisoning.

It's about choice, and others thinking they have the right to decide such things for you according to their own values, not yours. This issue reaches a different level in that it's about restricting your freedom for their continued profit and power.

I highly recomend (pun might be intended), as I have before, that you read The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer. It has some great information on the hows and whys of cannabis prohabition in the US, and who profited from it.

On a personal note to UK_Wizard:

It's not about you giving into anybody, and the fact that you put it that way kinda shows me where you're coming from. All most drug users want from you is for you to leave them the [insert four letter explitive here] alone and let them do what they have decided to do as long as it doesn't effect you. People die from falling down the stairs and skydiving. People die from getting struck by lightning and mountain climbing and wrecking on their motorcycles. People die in war. People die from lots of things not least of which is stupid behavior. Yes, drugs can be bad, pretty much like anything else. So what? Again, it is not for you to decide if someone can jump out of a plane, walk down the stairs, go outside in a thunderstorm, climb Mt Everest, dragrace their bike, or go volunteer for the Military. You don't have the right to make those decisions for anyone but yourself and your children, if you have any.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join