It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
At a time when the world is in turmoil, when we have people starving not only in Africa, but on the streets of our own country, at a time when we are debt ridden, and taxing our poor to pay for the excesses of the rich, when we are involved in what could soon be another world war, what do our "rulers" do?

Yep, they throw a wedding and expect us all to have street parties.

They expect us to forget about our own poverty whilst they waste yet more millions, if not billions.

That money could pay for nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, house the homeless and many more things besides.

Thousands of ordinary people could make a life for themselves, out of poverty with what is being spent on this massive charade.

Most people don't give a crap - and yet they still think that this is a way to bring a country together.

RUBBISH - it has nothing to do with brnging us together, and everything to do with re-affirming power.

That's right, let us know that we are lowly serfs, while you throw away more in one course of the banquet than most people earn in 10 years.

It's an anachronism, obselete, archaic, antiquated, outmoded, obsolescent, passé form of stupidity.

It's stupid, because they think this will detract from the FACT that people are losing their homes, businesses, familes and livelihoods.

And yet still they think that one single holiday, and a few banners will appease the people, and make them forget the plight that they have put us in.

Well, I for one, and ALL of my friends, couldn't give a crap about a wedding that is costing billions.

We don't want superficial jingoism, we want you our government, to do what we pay you to do - not put on distractions.

So, you can stick your "royal" wedding up your backside.

And give us a refund, so WE can do what WE want, with OUR money.

I really wanted to call this thread "You Can Stick Your Roya;l Wedding Up Your Arse" but it probably would have been deleted - if not, please can a mod change the title?
edit on 28/4/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The whole thing is its just a bunch of hoo haa no one really cares about, except for the portion of folks in the UK who are brainwashed. The rest of the folks there have good working minds and know tradition and pomps do nothing to put warm meals on the average families table. What will it do for the UK citizens working their butts off and barely making a living?

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And what about the MASSIVE income that is being generated by increased tourism for this event? Or that public spending will increase therefore boosting our economy? Oh and the fact that there will be something nice to look at and think about for ONE day out of all the other days that we are bombarded with misery?
Relax, take a day off of the doom and embrace it. It is only one day.

Why is everyone getting so stressed about this?!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Think of the wasted money - this is costing hundreds of millions.

And that's just the security.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

The outlay far exceeds the income - as it does with all "royal" affairs.

It's an old argument, and not a very good one, as has been proven time without number.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Protest, brother. Or riot. Whatever works.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
All I can say is" let them eat cake"...".those who dont learn are doomed to repeat it".

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I couldn't agree any more, I could spend all night listing off problems with the country and the world that need the worlds immediate attention, but what do I see when I turn on the news? Every 15 minutes there's a mention of the Royal Wedding. WHO CARES! Who hears about that and honestly is interested? This countries priorities are so backwards right now. "Don't worry about our debt guys, the new Gaga song is on! I don't care about unemployment, let's watch Jersey Shore! Japan will fix itself, I'm going to buy a new Blackberry!"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

It's a smokescreen - "YAY all is happy and good in jolly old Britain, while we bomb, murder, pillage and plunder - and that's just our OWN citizens"

It's time for this nonsense to STOP.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

The Monarchy is the symbol of your country. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant. And this wedding is showing your country in a spectacular way..

Who are we as a people if we don't have institutions our nations can be proud of, or at least recognize as being "you". They live rich pampered lives.

So do politicians.

And when you look at the good the Monarchy does for your country, for your image around the World, for charity and so on .. and compare it to what ... what? .. What Tony Blair has done for you? David Cameron? Please...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
all i see is two people getting married ..it's the media promoting it not the royals..i suspect they would prefer a private affair ,but it is what it is ..i for one wish them all the best..as for world hunger ,well thats for governments to sort out .

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rubbish - the monarchy is a symbol of a bygone anachrconistic era.

They take more than they give back, which has been proven many times.

I care not a jot for our so called "politicians" this wedding could have housed many homeless people, paid for nurses and police, firefighters, social workers etc etc

You can have them if you're so keen on them.

Oh, wait, you had a war of independance to make sure you couldn't, which gives you nothing to say in the matter, unless you want to change countries and support them with YOUR taxes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My feelings on the wedding? Meh.

Won't be watching it or reading about it, so can't say I care one way or the other. If you are that against it, turn off the tube and go do something else.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
stop complaining, just enjoy the day, we get a public holiday for it. But of course it's never good enough.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
stop complaining, just enjoy the day, we get a public holiday for it. But of course it's never good enough.

Get a grip of history.

Would you have stood by while cromwell was locked out of parliament?

It seems so, just in the name of resistance to change.

Well, change is coming, again.

The british people care very little for someone who thinks they are better because of a simple accident of birth.

You bow down to the "royals" if you want, or validate them by NOT protesting, while people are starving and homeless.

I never will - it's a waste of money, a waste of resources, and a waste of passion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Rubbish - the monarchy is a symbol of a bygone anachrconistic era.

Really? Go around the World and ask who the Queen of Britain (or England if you're in America lol) and they will tell you -- Elizabeth is! .. Ask who your prime minister is.. who?

They take more than they give back, which has been proven many times.

Good thing that doesn't happen in Democracies! Your Parliament is far more corrupt.

I care not a jot for our so called "politicians" this wedding could have housed many homeless people, paid for nurses and police, firefighters, social workers etc etc

The actual wedding, which is around 10m pounds is paid for by the families. The military displays and the police (because of all those brits that hate the monarchy want to show support......) are paid by the tax payer. The total cost is incredibly tiny compared to, say, the national budget. If the money was injected into "the economy" or as your bleeding heart rages for ... homeless vagrants .. the money would disperse instantly and make no impact. Except perhaps more homeless would have a place to crash from their self induced highs.. but what ever.

You can have them if you're so keen on them.

I'd take a Monarchy over this god awful disgrace of a "Democracy" we have. And given the rampant corporate abuse, PC gone mad, absurd laws, and abusive police.. I'd say your "democracy" has utterly failed even worse.

Oh, wait, you had a war of independance to make sure you couldn't, which gives you nothing to say in the matter, unless you want to change countries and support them with YOUR taxes.

Brits are so self indulged it's hilarious.. a Brit can talk about anything they want, to anyone they want.. but talk about their own backyard and the conversations off. Pathetic.

You're right though.. I don't have a Monarchy.. my tax dollars support banks, Haliburton, Boeing, GE, GM, FM/FM, and thousands of other international militaristic corporations.

But at least we don't have a corrupt evil old lady out to steal our tax dollars!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In the US, don't get up in the middle of the night to watch these social leaches flaunt Britain;s (world) wealth.
They are parasites, just like our parasites here, and deserve no attention.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Dude, like I said, if you like them so much, invite them to your country.

I have nothing to say to you on the matter - I have already said my piece, and I'm not going to debate it, because you have no dog in this fight, unless YOU want US royalty.

So go right ahead, and send the invite that you rescinded over 200 years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
DECAPITATE THE SOVEREIGN AND PISS ON HER SHINS!

"Weishaupt, Weishaupt! Wherefor art thou, Weishaupt?"

Oh, yes! But of course!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The whole thing is a joke.

Over here in Australia we have a comedy team on tv called The Chaser, non-Aussies might have heard of them from the APEC incident.

Anyways they had planned to do a live commentary on the Wedding, but some how the BBC & APTN managed to have it pulled from the ABC (A TV Station here in Australia) because they didn't want to risk any jokes made about the Wedding.

The BBC is apparently independent from direct government intervention, why and how have they had a show pulled from a TV station on the other side of the world is beyond me.

I just think it is rediculous.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join