It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declining of Snakes and fish cause a increase in harmfull issues on the planet and on man !!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hers one about declining fish from the oceans and other bodies of large waters

Declining fish stocks could be partly responsible for algal blooms in the oceans, researchers have found

Cause of this algal...

Algal blooms - sometimes known as "toxic tides" - can be poisonous to people, fish and other wildlife, and may be on the increase worldwide.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The biggest problem seems to be ignorance about just how interlocked and dependent humans and animals are on the environment. Unhealthy environment = unhealthy animals, foods and people! Not to mention the direct tie between ecology and economics !

Also "Due to the over-hunting of snakes, there are increasing reports of rat swarms in many places of China." Yau, K.L., et al. Biodiversity and Conservation 11:1653-62, 2002.

Imagine that !!??

So, for me to say, snakes are one of the most misunderstood creatures on earth. We live in the society today where when you see a snake, you let your instinct tell you it is poisonous.

Yet, this is a false assumption. Not all snakes are venomous. Snakes are actually beneficial to man. They eat the mice and rodents that will cause man diseases. Without them, just think of the over population of rodents and mice. They would get into our storage of grains and our food supplies. Even though some snakes are poisonous they are actually our friends. Snakes are huge part of man's ecosystem to keep the rodent population under control. In a word they are beneficial to man.

...extensively exploited and traded without regulation or oversight as the rattlesnake. Several species could become extinct just as we are beginning to understand their ecological importance. Rattlesnakes are important to their ecosystems. They prey on rodents, keeping the populations naturally in check so that the rodents do not cause crop damage or spread disease. Rattlesnakes are also important prey for raptors and other animals. Four species commonly found in roundups are the eastern diamondback rattlesnake, the western diamondback rattlesnake, the timber rattlesnake, and the western or prairie rattlesnake.

www.the-snake-man.com...

And this goes around the world, because of over populations of man and the need for food and land not also to mantion the fears and a bias against most animals this is making a big dent on this planet... we see it taking place as of late !!!!

Thoughs, adds or what nots you'ed like to be

Thanks for reading, V V 6

edit on 28-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: addd

edit on 28-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: title adding

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Nice post!

My garden has a few snakes, but the field rat is gone. >.>

I left the ants alone and they tilled the top 3 inches of my soil. Just about the time I thought I'd have to do something, an armadillo showed up and straightened out the ant problem. I also have a pretty good idea why I was getting a few bare spots in the grass when the 'dillo finished digging up the grubs he found.

I'm by default the 'godparent' to a slew of loud, fat baby birds right now and one migrating group just gave up on Mexico and decided to hang out with me. Three horses and a donkey are 'weeding' my garden right now, stepping delicately between the raised beds.

I am the world's laziest gardener and I love nature.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The thought that come to my mind is the bees, they're disappearing too. Without them we cannot live.
Our food chain has been disrupted... and I believe it will get much, much worse in very little time. Chain reaction will not take long.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp

I love you so very much for this post.

And the OP for the excellent topic which inspired your post.

Namaste!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

You can make your own bachelor bee condo for local single bees. These guys do most of the pollinating in a garden anyway...

Just take an untreated 4x4 or 4" log and drill holes in it- (not all the way through). Add a slanted roof to keep out most of the weather- attach it to a tree or fence post- and you'll have local buds taking care of all your pollination needs.

If you drill the holes different sizes you get a multi-cultural condo population.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

I love you so very much for this post.

And the OP for the excellent topic which inspired your post.

Namaste!

My thoughts exactly!! This thread's got me thinking. With all the news about Japan, and this crazy weather, I haven't heard any updates on the oil spill.

Thanks again, nice job!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Thank you- it's embarrassing, but it seems the best influence I can have on my wild garden is to have as little influence as possible.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Thank you- it's embarrassing, but it seems the best influence I can have on my wild garden is to have as little influence as possible.

Honestly this sentence is the best summary of the entire Tao Te Ching I've come across. On every level I can look at it from.

It's like The Tao registered on ATS itself and started posting!

Wait...

Namaste!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

This post made my life. I don't care what else happens. Being compared to the Tao= status "made".

That said:

Giant Squid Killed by Sound?

When giant squid were found dead off Spain about a decade ago, scientists suspected that powerful sound pulses from ships had harmed the animals. Now the evidence may be in.

A new study says low-frequency sounds from human activities can affect squid and other cephalopods, not just whales and other marine mammals, which have long been thought to be vulnerable to such pulses. (See "U.S. Navy Sonar May Harm Killer Whales, Expert Says.")

The finding suggests noise pollution in the ocean is having a much broader effect on marine life than previously thought, said study leader Michel André, a marine bioacoustician at Barcelona's Technical University of Catalonia.

"We know that noise pollution in the oceans has a significant impact on dolphins and whales [which use natural sonar to navigate and hunt]. ... but this is the first study indicating a severe impact on invertebrates, an extended group of marine species that are not known to rely on sound for living," André said in a statement.

Rest of article here: news.nationalgeographic.com...

Are we going to leave anything alive when we finally 'exit' this planet?

new topics

top topics

join