It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Caesar's Ghost! Superman renounces American citizenship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What we need here is a NWO
It's time we get rid of Bush, Rockefellars, Rothshild's and all the bankers and other assorted members of the OWO.

All you sheeple so afraid of the NWO are missing the fact that the problem is the Old World Order is 'doing business as usual'. THOSE people are the ones REALLY afraid of the NWO where they will no longer have control... so it is the OWO that is spreading the misinfo that the NWO is a conspiracy to be avoided at all costs

Just think about it...

Prescott Bush Rockefellers, Standard Oil and Union Bank funded the NAZI into power.. what has changed since then?

THIS is the OWO... going strong...Rothchild's expose

Bring on the NWO I say... toss out the OWO on their butts

edit on 29-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia it takes this kind of explosive storyline to lure buyers back into the dwindling comic shops. At $ 3 or 4 dollars a pop how many people are walking out of their favorite shop with a fat stack of comics every month? In our current economy, not many.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah, this is right up there with when Peter Parker revealed his identity to the world as Spider-Man in an effort to support the Patriot Act.
Don't remember or forgot about that?
Don't worry, you'll forget about this, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I'm pretty sure that was the Superhuman Registration Act, it was part of the Marvel Civil War saga.

Yesss, COBRA Commander is a fan of comics.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Better memory than me.
I do remember that it was supposed to be an allegory for the Patriot Act. Lot of news coverage about it at the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Now we know why he wears a RED cape...and a RED S...and RED boots....let's see...the color of the USSR flag was RED...the color of the Chinese COMMUNIST Flag is RED....Hmmmmm, see a pattern developing here.
Even good ol' Adolf had as the back ground of the NAZI flag was RED....

Courtesy of 'Superman: Red Son'

edit on 29/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Yeah, this is right up there with when Peter Parker revealed his identity to the world as Spider-Man in an effort to support the Patriot Act.

Really?
Link please?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What can I say? I have had enough.

Seriously though, I was an illegal immigrant, thought up by Canadians, who modeled Metropolis after Toronto.
edit on 29-4-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sad it is, too bad, but hey everything is okay we still have Obama, the so-called smartest man in the world and the first president to actively hate the States, so everything will be okay.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I mean is superman a US citizen? Where's his birth certificate? He's what some would class as an illegal alien and should be sent back to the planet he came from.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This issue is sold out at my local shop, so it must be a big deal.

I don't care though. I was never into Superman. Go Blue Beetle! (Ted Kord, that is.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f624f57ff814.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter. The US still has Batman.

And, Batman always carries around kryptonite...just in case. (Sadly this is actually used in DC storylines multiple times, especially in the Justice League end of it.)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Superman, although technically an illegal immigrant (shh. this is supposed to be a secret), is documented to the US government as born to the Kents. Well he was in the originals anyways. I always wondered how they explained having a child without anybody else knowing...but meh, if you think too much the comic is no longer fun.

It is only supposed to be a very few and privileged group that knows his true history.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Batman is more believeable anyway, and I don't blame him for carrying krytonite, with Superman being such a turncoat and all, hopefully this will also mean that Clark Kent will resign and move out the country and he can take the UN with him.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I get what you're saying. However, only Americans thought he was American. The guy grew up in middle America. Raised by good honest law abiding christians.

I still think your ultimate thesis is incorrect though. I don't think its about him distancing himself from being seen as American. Although he does pay taxes in America from his reporting job at the Daily Globe. The goal of the creators of Superman by doing this is all about MONEY. How many people are going to buy that edition? Or see the movie in which he tells the UN he is not American?

Millions and millions will buy into this nonsense money making scheme.

Someone said it earlier but it didn't get much traction. Clark Kent has to live somewhere. So does this mean Clark Kent will be killed off? Oh yeah, what about his kid? Is Clark going to finally pay his child support? Right now he's a dead beat super hero.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I mean is superman a US citizen? Where's his birth certificate? He's what some would class as an illegal alien and should be sent back to the planet he came from.

Refugee status... we allow refugees in to the country even though the burn all their papers

Superman for President !!!! He can't do any worse

But If I was Homeland Security, I would be checking the loyalties of his writers

edit on 29-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hey maybe Supes just wants to plan out his public image a little better for WWIII after remembering that whole WWII debacle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acdc97362192.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientmustytext
Hey maybe Supes just wants to plan out his public image a little better for WWIII after remembering that whole WWII debacle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acdc97362192.jpg[/atsimg]

Lmaooo that's messed up to the fourth power.
Second line

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
well you can't just take and issue out of context and run with it. during last two years the last of suprtmans race the kryptonians of the bottle city of kandor were saved by superman. most of american military looked on them as a threat so they vreated a new krypton on otherside of sun. american military struck first and assainated the ruler of kandor supermans uncle zorel. and us refused to turn over ther soldier eventually they set a gold kyptonite bomb of that destroyed all of new krypton and shut down the powers of all kryptonians in blast zone. so us wiped out over 100000 people . so since supes aint vengeful he has been walking thru america trying to reconnect with amerucans and failing miserably. worst part was lpis father and baby sister were leasers of attack. so instead of destroying our military for its act of genocide he has decided to be citizen of world

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If someone else pointed this out, my bad. I didnt go through all 3 pages.

When exactly did Superman gain his American Citizenship? Last I saw, he was born on Krypton, placed in a egg and crash landed on Earth. Since his parents arent US citizens, he is not an anchor baby.

Through all of his time on earth, I dont ever remember him going through any type of citizenship process to become an American (we will ignore then fact he is not human).

So, with all the evidence, he cant renounce his citizenship, because he never had it.

Maybe we should detain and charge him for being in the US illegally?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join