It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Coronal Hole and Active Sunspot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
One of the largest coronal holes of Cycle 24 is spewing mega-tons of plasma (charged particles) toward Earth. This wave should hit within the next 48 hours. A coronal mass ejection (CME) warning has been put out by the NOAA Space Weather Center.

jhaines6.wordpress.com...

By the way , my prayers go out to those affectted by the super storms in the US. We here in CH Ch NZ wish you the best.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What will it do to us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Don't really know much about this stuff but is this it?

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

And is that bad in comparison to past events?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmokeydogg7

It will cause large flares. Lets hope they blow away from us. A large flare( X flare) could knock out communications. Some experts say they affect fault lines. Lets wait and see. Things are getting a bit crazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Holy crap! (no pun intended) Maybe this is the occurance we've been waiting for. We'll all be superheroes. Where's Phage?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is what you need to watch out for:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... is not showing anything major at this time... but maybe data is a little behind/delayed from NOAA.
edit on 28-4-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Have you been able to find any images from the Stereo A or B satellites? It would be cool to catch the footage of any CME's.

More and more people are pointing the finger at these events as the causes of earthquakes and such. I'm no pro on the matter, however. We shall see what comes through in this thread.

Also a link to the Magnetosphere website. Magnito It says the power is down but this is not true as it updates every 15 minutes

Also:

Coronal holes are places where the sun's magnetic field opens up and allows the solar wind to escape. A stream of solar wind flowing from this coronal hole is expected to reach Earth on April 30th-May 1st. NOAA forecasters estimate a 35% chance of geomagnetic activity at that time

edit on 4/28/2011 by forall2see because: added content.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Will it do anything except disrupt communications? I'll be watching this.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ATTN: Large Cornhole

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I see only 2 strong eruption but is from 27.04. first on 05:00 second on 08:00 h ..
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

LASCO C2 end date 2011-04-27 to 2011-04-28

They hit earth on 29.04, not to strong for alarm..xD
iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...
edit on 28-4-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
ATTN: Large Cornhole

Haha, I was afraid to post that, but it's the first thing I saw when I read the title.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
earthchangesmedia.com...
Earth changes is now breaking this. Also just thought. Is the space shuttle surpose to take off soon. Im no expert on space. But this be risky having the shuttle in orbit exposed to a possiable big flare.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
so i'm hearing two different sides here. some say this will hit earth kinda hard, othres say it will hit earth but won't be anything much. i'm just getting into this. guess i need to watch and see how this thread unflds. so much info here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The rift is comming, tornadoes,sunamys,volcanoes the likes of never reported. A new record of tornadoes, it is not even july. The shock wave will be devestation and you thought katrina, fukashima, haiti was bad. prepare.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to dangerous right now. I'll be following this closely.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Yes, follow closely i want to see the effects , especially withing the next 2 weeks. Look forward to seeing the graph, watch maps of everything and weather patterns around the world.

new topics

top topics

join