It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Which Disaster Exactly is Going to Take Place in 2012.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

i know i know *just to be a smart Donkey* CTHULHU AND YOG WILL COmE! naw i think that its first contact, We realy dont know if aliens showed up before and this is reocuring and thats what noahs flood was; Alien Lt. -"HEY HUMAN WE FORGOT ABOUT DAMN! whats earths religion atm? Christianity? ok" "YO NOAH!" Noah - "WTF is that god?" Alien -"yea just build a boat for you and some animals so you guys dont drown ok! and make sure that theres male and female incase the flood lasts longer than expected so you can continue species if we misplace any here!" Noah- "Sure w/e i dont wanna drown" meanwhile all us humans are in a satis field on a mothership. i think we are an alien science project just due to Missing links and things like Neandrothol disapearing and us thriving even thought we were only a bit more advanced at the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

"The claim was that "everyone" was talking about 2012. Did you miss that part of the conversation or are you purposely misrepresenting the context of the statements I made?"

Nope, I'm very aware of the context of the statements you made, thanks. I'm not ''purposely misrepresenting'' anything. Seems you throw that accusation out quite a lot.

"Did you? No. Yet people make the brash statement that everyone is talking about the issue. That is false. The lack of news on the subject shows the lack of interest in 2012. The lack of talk shows about 2012. The few movies and songs just shows the lack of interest in the subject."

Just because 2012 is not regularly featured in the news/talk shows/entertainment industry/etc does not automatically make it a topic that ''lacks interest''. This is your opinion, and you have a right to express it. My opinion that I'm expressing is that you're simply wrong in suggesting this.

There are plenty of other things/topics/subjects/etc out there that are widely popular among people that the media rarely covers, or even mentions at all. The MSM is not the prime ''decider'' of what topics are ''popular'' or not, in case you weren't aware of that. You seem to suggest this, which I think is completely false.

"Thanks for pointing out that the only place I even mention or discuss the nitwit claims of 2012 are on the internet since NO ONE I personally know discusses this hoax."

Thanks for pointing out how utterly odd & bizarre it is that you frequently maintain your online presence exclusively in the 2012 forum, and yet present the silly argument that it isn't a ''widely-discussed topic''; a topic in which you engage in with others almost every day here and I would have to assume elsewhere, as well. So you seem to thoroughly enjoy discussing a topic in which so few people are actually discussing in the real world. Hmmm. Really scratching my head here trying to make sense of that.

"Another laughable statement about me and 2012. LOL."

What's so laughable about pointing out that it's highly suspected that you run and operate 2012hoax.org? I find abolutely nothing about that ''laughable'' at all. Oh yes - 2012 is not at all a ''topic of interest'', which totally explains why the 2012hoax.org website was created to begin with, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbringsfreedom777

Nope, I'm very aware of the context of the statements you made, thanks. I'm not ''purposely misrepresenting'' anything. Seems you throw that accusation out quite a lot.

Actually you did purposely misrepresent what I stated because your position is a failed position that lots of people are believers or concerned about the hoax that is called 2012.

Just because 2012 is not regularly featured in the news/talk shows/entertainment industry/etc does not automatically make it a topic that ''lacks interest''. This is your opinion, and you have a right to express it. My opinion that I'm expressing is that you're simply wrong in suggesting this.

2012 has not been considered a newsworthy item except when a lousy movie was made years back. Little was made of the 2012 baloney, only the movie itself because of its special effects and it showing the destruction of many iconic places in the world.

There are plenty of other things/topics/subjects/etc out there that are widely popular among people that the media rarely covers, or even mentions at all. The MSM is not the prime ''decider'' of what topics are ''popular'' or not, in case you weren't aware of that. You seem to suggest this, which I think is completely false.

Discussions of 2012 are relegated to small groups. You continue to suffer from confirmation bias.

a topic in which you engage in with others almost every day here and I would have to assume elsewhere, as well.

Since I've already stated that this is the only place that I discuss 2012 issues it becomes very clear that you purposely are misrepresenting my position. That is your MO. Repeating this lie will eventually make you out to be liar. At present you are simply revealing your inability to read comprehend a simple situation that this is the only place where I discuss 2012 and that is to show how inane the claims of 2012 are.

So you seem to thoroughly enjoy discussing a topic in which so few people are actually discussing in the real world. Hmmm. Really scratching my head here trying to make sense of that.

It seems that this may be a puzzler for you. My guess is that you cannot figure out the reason because there is no connection with 2012. The reason is completely unrelated to 2012.

What's so laughable about pointing out that it's highly suspected that you run and operate 2012hoax.org?

It shows a lack of understanding of basic issues and it also shows that there is no evidence for any of the nutty 2012 claims. The discussion goes to the messenger and not the message. It is a clear sign of a failure of the 2012 believers.

I find abolutely nothing about that ''laughable'' at all. Oh yes - 2012 is not at all a ''topic of interest'', which totally explains why the 2012hoax.org website was created to begin with, right?

There are all sorts of websites out there to discuss fringe issues from Raman spectroscopy to stochastic geometry. That does not suggest any of these issues a commonly discussed subject.

It is laughable when people can't support their favorite wacko idea of the day and instead resort to trying to identify the person that is ripping part the nonsense ideas along with others. There are many clear headed thinkers here that easily show how silly 2012 claims are.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Terra Papers claimed that a Giant Space Ship, the size of a planet, will fly near the Earth and will cause a great flood because of it's gravitational pull.

The AR flagship, the ASA-RRR ship of state was expected to arrive in ERIDU (Earth) soon. Knowing that the massive deathship caused an enormous gravitational pull, the prince (ENLIL) decided to steer the course of the AR into a path he could utilize. By changing the path over the icy poles, the gravitational pull would be strong enough to cause glaciers to fall into ocean. This in turn would cause needed environmental changes. If a resultant flooding destroyed the beasts(humans), then so be it! The prince of the word could justify the sacrifice of the beast(human) in exchange for the warming of the planet, the increasing of the amount of usable ocean waters, and the end of the ice age gripping the upper and lower hemispheres

Edgar Cayce said that the waters of the great lakes will connect to the Gulf of Mexico

"Watch New York, Connecticut and the like. Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the United States. Los Angeles, San Francisco, most of all these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear. This will be much sooner. The waters of the Great Lakes will empty into the Gulf of Mexico."

The last Page of the Dresden Codex as well shows the end with water.

"The last page of the Dresden Codex shows the destruction of the world via water. Waves gush from the mouth of a celestial dragon. More flood waters pour from sun and moon symbols on the underside of the monster's body. An aged goddess also pours flood water onto the Earth. At the bottom of the picture crouches a ruler of the underworld.

Jewish Historical Tradition too claims that a great flood will wipe out humanity.

After the beginning of the Long Count Calendar cycle, Jewish historical tradition describes a great flood that decimated humanity. Adam, the father of Seth predicted the flood and also predicted that later on the world would be destroyed by fire. Seth's grandson Kennan also predicted the world flood.

Many more ancient civilzations follow suit. Just read up on the many predictions.

Recently I have been becoming more intuned with my spiritual self, and my guide has told me that in the process I will have vivd dreams of things that will come. I have, indeed, had dreams of myself meeting certain people and talking to them, and the next day, I will meet someone who was in my dream, as well as certain events, like things that will and have happened at work. One dream that was really disturbing for me was: I was standing in front of my house and GIANT waves were crashing down all around me; I remember telling myself "This is it.."

Just a thought

edit on 30-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The biggest disaster is that publishers and writers cannot print any more 2012 books.

link   
The biggest disaster is that publishers and writers cannot print any more 2012 books.

link   
I will also like to point out that my sources aren't at all credible, so please do not state the obvious.

It was, afterall, just a thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The most interesting disasters are those that we know can happen. At one time it was stated (a NOVA show on PBS) that when, not if, the "big one" hits San Francisco, there won't be enough hospital beds in the Western hemisphere to handle all of the injured. Now that's amazing and it is based on an actual possibility.

Another possible scenario is a large quake on the Wasatch fault in Utah. All of Utah's major cities are on that fault line.

These are what ifs. We have seen in recent years the devastation that can be brought on by large quakes. The New Zealand quake, the Chile quake, the Indonesian quakes, etc. show us the power of earthquakes. The power of storms is best shown in Bangladesh. People in the US think of the city of New Orleans. Although dear to Americans, it is small compared to Bangladesh and other places.

2012 is a fantasy. The real world is much more interesting.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Right, everybody stop right where they are and take a big step backwards!

We all know that our Governments lie to us, big time, they almost get a kick out of it.

The Governments around the World have for the last 20+ years been building underground shelters for themselves and a few of us, chosen one's like Scientists, Doctors etc. Spending billions of $ doing this, even Moscow are building 5000 shelters for it's people right now!

So they MUST know something is going to happen?

And they aren't telling any of us what it is!

So what do we do apart from maybe pray?

We need some Government insiders to speak out, sort of a Disclosure Witness!

Something is going on and in the pipeline, sorry of that's not what you wanted to hear but look at the facts!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

even Moscow are building 5000 shelters for it's people right now!

Actually Moscow has not started construction of those shelters. The planning for their construction should be completed in 2012. The construction can start.

So they MUST know something is going to happen?

The events are called wars. And the Moscow shelters you refer to are for the general population.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here's just my theory on observation and research. Not saying it will happen but I feel it would be most likely out of other theories presented-such as alien contact or a meteor(though contact may happen if they were willing to try to help us), that of extreme natural disasters at once due to the planetary line up.

Leading up to a combination of disasters then the ending=the planetary line up to force the poles to shift so dramatically the poles will melt at alarming rates, but this time will not freeze up fast enough, tsunamis, which will in turn strike similar to current events with not only power sources but possibly other factors such as more weather changes and even quakes and volcanoes.

The earth, as it spins is already very unbalanced in shape and wobble.

All factors causing a full chain of events.... Flooding to rise oceans, rivers and lakes, whole and part nations under water. Later on the displaced water spreads disease not only death from the flooding. A whole world as we know it changed if you, yourself, did make it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The earth, as it spins is already very unbalanced in shape and wobble.

Why do you make that claim? The Earth's rotation and tilt have been stable over at least 200 million years.

You refer to a planetary alignment. Which planetary alignment. The last big one was in 2000. Nothing happened back then although books were written and lectures given about the dangers of this alignment.

Nasa on 2000 alignment

this has led to many dire predictions of global catastrophes such as melting ice caps, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.

The claims of 2000 were very similar to your claims. Nothing happened back then. Wait.

the inner six planets are aligned every fifty to a hundred years or so.

So this happens often in Earth's history will no effects to show for it.

Here is some good reading for those that think planetary alignments do anything to the Earth.
Planetary Alignments facts or fiction

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm thinking, if any of this actually does happen, it will be because of all of the pollution, the poison, the chemicals and the crap we are dumping into our earth everyday. I mean, think about it, our magnetosphere is "weakening" and "twisted", more and more weather anomoalies? That sound like a "chemical reaction" to me, brought on by us, people, dumping crap into our lakes, oceans, air and land. This poison that we keep allowing corporations to just "throw out wherever" is interacting with the earths "natural elements" which is causing a breakdown of the protective magnetosphere, stratosphere, tropisphere and atmosphere....which is going to cause a major chain reaction. I think due to all of this, the earth is attempting to repair herself or cleanse herself. She is made up of a delicate balance of different gasses, minerals and liquids....then man began to "dissect" her, and dump different chemicals into her without knowing what the effects would be later on. It has disrupted the delicate balance of "natural order". We are poisoning our home, so if there is going to be any "apocolypse" or "end of the world catastrophe", it's not going to come from the outside, it's not going to come from the core...it's going to be because of the pesticides, the radioactive warfare, the draining of petroleum, the burning of gases, the chemical compounds found in most medications, the chemical compounds found in street drugs...everything puts off "gas" or elements that get into the air. They are all mixing together to create one heck of a chemical compound. Gas rises, so this compound is rising, being injected directly into the "protective shield" around our planet, slowly deteriorating it.
Chew on that for a bit...
edit on 3-5-2011 by anjl32 because: spell check

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anjl32

There certainly are dangers from the act of polluting our planet, but some of the things you mentioned are unlikely to be related to pollution.

Consider the magnetosphere. It is acted upon by the Sun and the Earth's magnetic sphere. The Earth's field is due to events in the core. No pollutants reach the core. The solar wind streams in charged particles that do not interact with pollutants.

Damage within the waters and atmosphere of the Earth is detectable. Efforts have been made to address many of the issues involved. You might want to read about the town of Donora, PA. That and the killer smog over London shortly after that drew worldwide attention to the issue of air pollution.
Killer Smog

Gas rises

Billions of years a pollution event occurred that still happens today - oxygen was dumped into the atmosphere. The polluting of the atmosphere with oxygen has led to the world we see today. It radically altered the surface environments of the planet wiping out many species of bacteria and sending them off to live in small pockets of oxygen free zones.

Just something to chew on
Many gases sink such as gasoline vapors. They sink because they are heavier than air.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok, I will take your word for it. I am not very "scholarly" and should probably do my "homework" before throwing my imagination around. I just figured, if aerosol hairspray can damage our ozone, then what is radiation and carbon dioxide doing to our other "protective" shields? I do believe something is going to happen someday, and I want to be prepared, I want to be able to "shield" my children from the worst of it if at all possible. Whether or not it is going to happnen in my lifetime? who knows. All I know is history tends to repeat itself, and in each of my ancestors lifetimes, something "mega" and lifechanging happened, whether that be a war, a natural disaster or a weather phenomenon...something most likely will happen within my lifetime too, but I am trying my best not to go around living my life on the single thought that "the world is going to end in 2012", though, I must admit that it is easy to fall prey into that way of thinking...especially after spending the last almost two hours watching the video on the OP. Planet X? Solar flares? anything is possible...and I know I can't count on my countries government to warn us, because US government is full of lying, selfish and greedy politicians who only want the rich, the smart and the good looking to continue living while all of the rest of this over populated region goes to he** in a handbasket. Either way...me and my family are screwed.
Cheers....to the "end of the world-as we know it" ....and good luck friend

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anjl32

2012 is a hoax. That is fairly clear.

What happens when people start spouting about such hoaxes is that they draw attention away from important issues such as those you've so correctly pointed out: the varied dangers due to pollution. These are real and present dangers. Ozone depletion does not have to affect the magnetic field to cause problems. Chemicals with carcinogenic properties are dangerous to us and our families.

You said "anything is possible", but that turns out not to be correct.

Planet X is not possible at least as far as coming close to Earth. Planet X might exist out there, but if an unknown planet exists it can never have an orbit that enters the orbits of the known planets. Such an orbit wuld be unstable and any planet with such an orbit would have changed its orbit billions of years ago to a stable orbit keeping it well away from the other planets.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
here we go again....yet another 2012 thread hijacked by Stereo.

I think we get it by now that you really think its all a load of bobbins. But serious...over 5000 posts debunking it time and time again???? It must be very tedious for you - its certainly tedious reading them all!

We cannot know for sure one way or another about 2012 until we get there....by then i think your posts may have hit astronomical levels.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

All of the disasters you mentioned will happen(+the aliens someone else mentioned),but each one will happen in a different universe.
Hopefully in one of the universes nothing will happen and let's hope it's going to be ours

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spolvil

Sure we can know before we get to 2012. Here is a list of things that won't happen:
1. No unknown planet
2. Large earthquakes caused by another celestial body known or unknown
3. No rapid pole shifts
4. No sudden change in the position of the moon
5. No death by LHC

These are things that are demonstrably impossible.

The list is much bigger, but this can get you started on understanding that many of the issues claimed about 2012 are simply nonsense and demonstrably nonsense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

are you john titor ?
because it's seems you know much then anyone here how the futur will be

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join