It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun/Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Anyone notice how the world is supposed to end on December 21st? Well I'm sure you have. I"m not here to push my beliefs or ideas on anyone but here is a simple and interesting fact. December 21st 2012 is the marking of the winter solstice in which the sun dips below the earth farther than it ever goes and stays there 3-4 days. Now if you'll notice 3-4 days after December 21st is December 25th; and of course everyone knows that is when Jesus was supposed to have been born, the Holy Son/Sun. That date is also when the son/sun returns from the most southern part of the globe. If you'll also notice the definitions of sun and son they seem to be the same. Try it for yourself, go to google and type define:sun and then define:son. Some of the definitions given are virtually the same thing. I found this to be very....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There is nothing in common between Son and Sun except that they sound the same. Think about it...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

There is a lot in common between the worship of the son and the sun...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I like how Christians pray to Amen, an Egyptian deity.

Ironic ain't it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Because the Mayans and the Bible writers all spoke English...

The words aren't homonyms in the original languages, so this theory doesn't really hold a lot of water.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Did you read my post, did you look into it any?
I do, indeed, think there is a strong correlation between the two.
But like I said I'm not here to shove my beliefs down your throat, just to make you think. Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Thank you, it's honestly quite clear, or so it seems, to me.
Jesus was also gone for 3-4 days just like the sun will be on December 21st. Then on the 25th the sun returns from the southern hemisphere, and Jesus's birth is celebrated as well. There really seems to be a connection.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by potaco

It's not really a theory anyhow, just a random coincidence...
Do you not find it strange that the sun will be gone for 3-4 days during the winter solstice, and 3-4 days later is the Holy Sun's birthday, when the sun comes back around? Oh well, becuase I do.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
okay I guess I'm going to have to back this up....

There is a ton in common between Pagan Sun worship and The worship of "God's Son"...

One is the connection between Xmas and the Roman Pagan festivals called Saturnalia(a pre-winter solstice gift giving festival that ran from Dec. 17th-dec 23rd)and Kalenda(a post winter solstice festival that lasted 8 days after the winter solstice ) and the Roman celebration of the "the birth of the invincible sun" on December 25...

The winter solstice happens on December 21st or 22nd and it represents the last day of the sun dieing(or the days getting shorter)... In ancient times it seemed as if the sun died or rested for three days as there was virtually no change in the light of day and then was born again on December 25th... This was noted by the celebration of "the birth(rebirth, ressurection) of the invincible sun" and then the days start getting longer ...Sounds similiar to a Christian story, doesn't it?

When "Christianity" became the official religion of the Roman Empire it was much easier to just replace the celebration of the "birth of the invincible Sun God" with the the "birth of the invincible Son of God" than to try to get all of the pagans in the empire to stop worshipping the rebirth of the sun...

This is the case with most "Christian" holidays... The early Roman church simply took Pagan holidays and converted them to Christian ones.... Based on the little bit of info we have on Jesus' birth most modern scholars agree he was born sometime in late summer to early fall...

There are also a lot of connections between the lives of other Pagan Gods and story of the life of Jesus.... Most notably the Pagan Gods Mithra and Horus...
edit on 28-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Excellent, man. You know what you're talking about. I appreciate the info, hopefully that will help clarify my point to others. thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman024

no prob man... if you're interested in this kind of stuff a good place to start is at ReligiousTolerance.org... it gives a good overview of differnt points and gives suggestions of where to look for more in depth readings.. here is a link to the specific similiarities between Jesus and Pagan Gods....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Glad that you brought this up as much as I believe that the sun worship connection is true there are probably religions that worship the moon as well. There is a pretty good video that shows what you are saying all this in a 3 part series heres the first part if you are interested...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Most progressive Christians believe that much material in the Christian Scriptures is actually folklore

I saw this quote in the link you provided. Funny how the term progressive always seems to equate to those who purport to know more than those who came before them.

Hebrews 9:27: And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

All are given the free will to believe as they wish. I guess we'll see how that works out in the end.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

yes that is what progressive means... those who wish to proceed onward. To develop, grow, learn more and and move civilization forward...

as opposed to conservative which means to conserve existing, or restore traditional, institutions, dogma, frame of mind etc...

if progressives didn't win over on conservatives century after century we'd all still be living in caves and trying to figure out how to light a fire... cause "fire is the devil"...

edit on 28-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

Some interesting stuff in that video! I feel like I've seen that before... a few years back... was that in Zeitgeist?

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Im not sure if it's in zeitgiest but it wouldn't surprise me if it was, I haven't watched that movie in a long time so I cant really remember.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I like how Christians pray to Amen, an Egyptian deity.

Ironic ain't it.

WTH? That makes no sense whatsoever... As someone has pointed out Sun/Son are not homonyms in the original languages, so the whole premise of the thread is flawed.
Haven't we been there, done that with an almost identical thread 6 weeks back?
Vicky

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

Some interesting stuff in that video! I feel like I've seen that before... a few years back... was that in Zeitgeist?

Thanks for sharing!

Yea, I think so, that's what I was thinking tpo.
edit on 29-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

thanks man, the point is pretty clear in the videos: all creation myths/stories are basically the same thing, they all have the same characteristics. glad you posted this.

new topics

top topics

join