It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are pictures/video/audio not evidence enough anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We've seen it. Fake pictures, edited films and CG graphics used to allude our quest for truth. But I wonder what does it take to gain any credibility at all anymore. We are at a time where even our presidents birth certificate is not evidence enough. I wonder where we are going in these ages.

I must say, The more I discuss this it would seem like we are moving into a NEO first century A.D. WHy do I say such a thing? Back in those days it took about a village to prove something that was true. Perhaps 20 people saw a murder happen and reported it to the Roman authorities, it would have merit and credibility, but if one person only reported it, it was considered highly speculative.
It really amazes me that even after 2,000 years we as a human race still have not discovered the truth of anything, aliens, ets, God, etc etc and our own government.
I believe it is time for all of ats members to search within themselves to know the truth for their-selves instead of trying to change the minds of others.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

no none of that is enough anymore. the goalposts are always moved. first it's too blurry, then it's too clear, then it's not blurry enough....then it's just blurry and just clear enough that it's obviously a fake. then there's the constant cries of CGI1!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, I wonder even if something was real, and then called a faked, is it not real anymore? If disclosure was to happen people would say that the alien during the presidential speech in the background was cg. lol. Nothing is true anymoire

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The adverse reaction to our ever growing technology.
Basically, almost everything that you/we/I can see on a computer, can be faked.
In this day and age, there is not much left that we cannot see on a computer.

Something I have been pondering lately, is the definition of reality. Who and what decides what is and what is not reality? A majority of us spend a large amount of time online, texting, etc. In a way, that IS the new reality, even if it is not all real.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

the goalposts are always moved.

no the goalposts never moved. Because of the constant fakes and hoaxes a blurry ass video is meaningless.

that's the thing, a blurry video confirms it for you, awesome. If I gave you a blurry video and told you it was Jesus himself returning to earth, would you take my word for it? If you did I have a bridge I want to sell you.

As many have said, and 1 poster even has in his signature, I don't want to believe, I want to know.

What will it take for me? something concrete like a mass real time sighting over a large city, live coverage of the event, and scientists and physicists explaining why it HAS to be of extraterrestrial origins.

Pictures/video/audio are made by people. People, as this forum will surely prove, are full of crap.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I believe in aliens, want to.

BUT!!!

Our government has been such a faliure finacily, politicly, economicly etc etc and I am sappose to believe that our government united states/UK has been keeping such a secret for the past 60+ years and have enough money to hide to stuff, even though we cannot get out of the U.S. debt.

seems, unlikely in that scienero

excuse my Sp

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

ouch dude, hostile much? or just mad because some people get tired of the constant "not good enough!" baloni?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You raise a a valid point. I think you'd have to blind to have not noticed the increase in "Thats SOOOO fake!!" comments and replies. This community seems to have only a few left who are satisfied with hard evidence when we see it. The majority of people just don't seem satisfied with the answers given anymore unless its coherent with their delusions.

We just need to be civil, mature and accepting of genuine input. We must stop ourselves getting in to point scoring arguments to massage our egos. Most of all, we need to be reasonable.

I hope this community can reason itself back in to unbiased analysis.

Thundersmurf...
Peace™

top topics

join