It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know Ahmadinejad rejects his presidential salary and sleeps on a rug?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Supporters of Ahmadinejad consider him a "simple man" that leads a "modest" life. As president, he wanted to continue living in the same house in Tehran his family had been living in, until his security advisers insisted that he move. Ahmadinejad had the antique Persian carpets in the Presidential palace sent to a carpet museum, and opted instead to use inexpensive carpets. He is said to have refused the V.I.P. seat on the Presidential plane, and that he eventually replaced it with a cargo plane instead.

www.africanexecutive.com...

I was AMAZED to have found this as it completely changed my view of him because many of us think of him as a mere anti -semitic puppet to a brutal regime!
He earns by lecturing around once a week at a university because he's got a PhD in transportation engineering!

Makes me wonder of all the politicians we have here rolling in big money, misusing their power to enter in illegal wars and practically being guaranteed a healthy, long and prosperous life after they retire...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3518bf2cdc6.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 28-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Or..It could be that this is what he wants people to see. Since all media outlets are gov. restricted. in Iran

link   
That pic of him sleeping looks a little to good to be true.Some people don't care about material things but I never took him to be one of them.I am going to look into this for sure.

link   
he's not a bum. he's just taking a nap. probably after a long day of handing larry king and george stephanopoulos their asses back.

edit on 28-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What I really love about Ahmad is that he does his own intel too....

Here he is gathering intel from Wall street investors.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
he's a simple man, unlike the Saudi king or the Arab dictators he doesnt steal money or gold, lives in a palace and thinks that hes better than anyone else.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccaf0c6b7f0a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And yes i see that this report came from an African publication, but it also states how much money he has pumped into Africa. So i still do not think this is an unbiased article.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Obviously it is a photo op...unless he sleeps during the day.......

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't think he's a bad man, not truly. I can't explain why.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well... This doesn't sound untrue which is crazy to me. Then again why am I surprised considering he spends all the money he can on preparing for the emergence of Imam Mahdi.

Goes to show you just don't know people. Kind of like the preachers on TV who teach you the virtue and lessons that come from poverty, and leave their church in a bentley.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hey Casius, I've had strong doubts about the image presented to us by our media about him for a long time now.

I can't say what the facts on the ground in Iran actually are, but I know they fairly recently have seemed to be somewhat progressive, had a jewish population living peacefully within their borders, and that his speeches and certain topics have been...we'll say...CREATIVELY translated to the benefit of neoconservative political US aims.

When I've researched the topic myself, it turns out he is against the zionist POLITICAL regime in Israel - which I am in agreement with - and there doesn't ever seem to have been any discussion of 'wiping anyone off the map'.

He might not be a good guy, I don't know, but he appears to be nowhere near the monster our media paints him as and Iran appears not to be anywhere near as aggressive, either.

I'm not having any luck finding the video at the moment (if anyone has it, please embed for enjoyment), but I got quite a kick out of a fairly recent national security session with congress in which the congressman was very surprised by analyst assessment of Russia and China currently being the greatest national security threats to the US - he tried prompting the analyst for awhile to point to North Korea, Iran, etc., and was promptly poo-pooed.

Good times.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

If you reasearch nukes, and are against the zionist political regime, our government will use you as a foot stool, and blast your entire image.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I sleep on a rug. Can I get my own thread too?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, you won't have to worry about him much longer.

They are wanting to begin to bring impeachment charges against him. I read today.

Iran: Reformist MPs demand Ahmadinejad's impeachment
www.adnkronos.com...

Looks like even they have enough of his B.S.
edit on 4/28/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

He might not be a good guy, I don't know, but he appears to be nowhere near the monster our media paints him as and Iran appears not to be anywhere near as aggressive, either

You're joking right?

maybe you meant he isn't such a bad guy---- nevermind. It isn't worth the effort.

You need to research him a bit more.

Try his early years (around the time of the Iran Hostage issues)
And then jump to last summer

When he ordered his troops to attack peaceful protestors.

And then.....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13

There is a thing we here on Earth call MORNING. You know, the time when you wake up and the sun is up? Obviously you have never heard of this.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hmm I am not so sure I would believe this but is this is true that would be an amazing act for any leader to do. If I ever became president I would accept a lower salary,live in a modest but decent house. I would then select low income indivuals or Veterans to live in the White House. Is it more than just the President and his family that lives in the White House it is too big for one family.
So does Ahmadinejad still live in the palace; if not who lives there? I thnk every President should be humble and live a modest middle class lifestyle. I would not say a President has to go this far but it is that person's choice.
edit on 28-4-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hey friend, like I said in what you quoted, I don't know too much about him personally other than it looks like the threat he presents is well-overblown in the US media.

Meanwhile, the US has a string of presidents more or less directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths (if not millions) in the last couple decades, a higher per-capita incarceration rate than any other nation on earth, and not a lot of resistance to the idea of abusing our own citizens (you can find all the videos of this you want on youtube).

I'm not dogging on US citizens in general - I think they would do much better if they were fully informed as Kennedy and Lincoln stated - unfortunately, they are too lazy to become such on the whole since they seem more than happy to just take whatever the media spoonfeeds them instead of waking up and researching things for themselves.

Like I said, he might not be a good guy, and may even be a bad guy - but it's blown out of proportion and we don't have much room to talk here at home.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
He's just extremely religious.

Sorry for one line but, that's about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by Mythos13

There is a thing we here on Earth call MORNING. You know, the time when you wake up and the sun is up? Obviously you have never heard of this.

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up for us...

I'm sure he sleeps fully dressed every evening on a rug. The lighting in the picture is quite a bit more than simply the MORNING sun but I digress.

Nice picture but FAR from proving what was stated in the OP.
edit on 28-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join