It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Video Reveals Signs of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I put this video together and will give you my rational for choosing the images. The Video assumes a Mars trip format with music that I chose be because I liked it.

The global image is a Hubble image, atmosphere intact. The image of what appears to be a cumulonimbus cloud alongside a volcano is most likely an active volcano emission. Then some history takes us to the active weather at the Spirit site with dust devils and the first, “Berry.”

The Opportunity site shows a wide variety of Berries. The official line is concretions. The mud holes, muddy tracts and ice dunes are all shown.

The Phoenix site shows clear lens ice from frozen brine and pure water ice frost in the morning, just a damp spot in the afternoon. The Microscopic imager shows complex patterns with a plant like object. The active wind and cloud patterns are visible here. It ends with a sunset on Mars. Hope you enjoy and feel free to post comments and questions.

Dfrank39

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dfrank39

Let me post it here instead:

Dont think those are berries, I think they are goat droppings

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
blue goat droppings

beautiful collection of images....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

the berries are hematite if i remember correctly. all the weathering from sandstorms allows them to show up, instead of being part of the rock formations like they usually are.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I'm voting for blue goat droppings.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

That is the theory. The problem is the different types, some with stems some with out, some incased and look to be regenerateing, some attached to each other, A lot of conflicting data to believe an all inclusive premise.

dfrank39

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, I don't think these are signs of life.

But it is great to see some Spirit & Opportunity stuff anyway. I don't understand why so few people seem to care about those awesome little dudes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Did you get a chance to see the branching feature in the Microscopic imager from Phoenix near the end?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the views and comments. Mars is indeed a dynamic world

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dfrank39

Dont forget to see the end of the video. I saved the best for last.....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You guys lead the pack as far as views. Sooner or latter the right person is going to see that "Twig"
Thanks for helping get the video to the public

dfrank39

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is no reference on what that image you say looks like a 2-leaf 'twig' is from, what magnification and if its even Mars related at all. Its just another fuzzy image of something that looks familiar to you, noting else, including that grayscale image suggests any life, some images may suggest chemical crystallizations, but thats all I saw, and it doesn't take life for that.

The blueberries, and the veiny space views of surface sliding debris, that looks like vegetation with no scale references, are misinterpreted images of simple dead dust and mineral deposits moved by slight tectonics, and CO2 ice movements to the surface to evaporate into space (of many various ages), solar radiation and thin atmospheric dust flows, and the fact the planet is void of life to allow such things to form and be observed. There isn't even very much salt there.

Based on these data sources, scientists think that the most abundant chemical elements in the martian crust, besides silicon and oxygen, are iron, magnesium, aluminum, calcium, and potassium. These elements are major components of the minerals comprising igneous rocks. The elements titanium, chromium, manganese, sulfur, phosphorous, sodium, and chlorine are less abundant. The planet's distinctive red coloration is due to the oxidation of iron on its surface.

Much of what we know about the elemental composition of Mars comes from orbiting spacecraft and landers. Most of these spacecraft carry spectrometers and other instruments to measure the surface composition of Mars by either remote sensing from orbit or in situ analyses on the surface. We also have many actual samples of Mars in the form of meteorites that have made their way to Earth

We can expand on these facts if you wish, this is just a teaser drop.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thank you for the tease. I have found it best to start at the beginning
:
Illustronic wrote:
“There is no reference on what that image you say looks like a 2-leaf 'twig' is from, what magnification and if it’s even Mars related at all. It’s just another fuzzy image of something that looks familiar to you, noting else,”

You are correct. The author of the image is Danna Johnson of the Mars Rover Blog. You are welcome to pop in and ask him yourself. If I give it to you, you will always wonder where it really come from. You will find Dana very approachable. I hope to hear back from you after we clear up the first point.

Thanks,
Dfrank39

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
“Just a tease,” Indeed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
To clarify all images in the first video are Mars images and all data that produced them is available upon request.
It simply is what it is
I made another video for your enjoyment.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have registered on this blog/forum as 'marscloseup'. and uploaded two views of the Phoenix Optical Microscope images enlarged. The day was Sol 17, but these were an assembled collage of several smaller images, and this came from one of the originals. Hopefully these views, and the image number of the original will aid in confirming the authenticity of the image details. It is impossible to test the fact of the apparent branched connectedness of the two stemmed shapes, but it appears believable to my knowledge.
This content was discussed on marsroverblog.com as topic =
www.marsroverblog.com...
For those who seek additional background on the source links to the original Phoenix mission photos.
Any enlargements will degrade the source images to some degree, and the fainter outer 'shell' shapes are dropped in the enlargements, as too faint and less than cohesive in shape to aid in viewing the main information in the 4X and 24X views. The two items were more suggestive of life-like shaping than most of the sticky masses around them. More examples could easily be hidden in the clumps of bright material.
I'll try to respond to any additional questions or requirements.
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=192641
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=23536

Dana Johnson , danajohnson0

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Happy to discuss the contentions you have introduced about Mars and life-like shapes as you please. There are hundreds of items appearing formerly living, but we cannot yet ascertain the authenticity of the images in the originals. Also I found solid obstruction to acknowledgment of the facts that do seem obvious, such as this Optical Microscope view of an item appearing similar to fungi/fungal parts.
Life was not expected to be flourishing on Mars if found. This could be an indication of low population dispersed items. Goethite has been identified at the Phoenix landing site, and it is the only mineral I am aware of which could resemble this shape of one or two items.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah you know its a bunch of sensationalized propaganda when you see the last image with the green globules on the phoenix lander hahaha i remember watching that mission closely and was so excited about it.

Funny how the Youtube video shows some random picture of a purported 'twig' or 'plant' when it looks like it isn't related to the mission or mars at all it was just imposed by the author of the video as being from Mars. haha

new topics

top topics

join