It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO troops record 20 incidents where Afghan security forces have 'turned'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

NATO troops record 20 incidents where Afghan security forces have 'turned'

www.guardian.co.uk

Deadly attacks on coalition forces have come predominantly from rogue Afghan policemen or an enemy wearing the uniform
Coalition forces have recorded at least 20 incidents where Afghan security forces, or someone wearing the coalition uniform, has gone rogue on Nato troops:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
www.isaf.nato.int
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

November 2009: Five British soldiers were shot dead in Helmand province in an attack by an Afghan policeman. Three of his victims were from the Grenadier Guards and two from the Royal Military police. The servicemen had been tasked with mentoring the Afghan police.

July 2010: A rogue Afghan soldier shot and killed a British comrade while he slept, before killing two others by firing a rocket-propelled grenade into a control room. All three victims were from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, stationed in Helmand province.

August 2010: Two Spanish paramilitary Civil Guards and a translator died after being shot by one of their students as they gave a training class to Afghan police in Badghis province.

November 2010: The Taliban claimed that one of its sleeper agents in the Afghan police force was responsible for killing six US soldiers. The American victims were training Afghan police near the Pakistan border at the time.

February 2011: Three German troops were killed by an Afghan attacker who shot them at close quarters at their base in northern Baghlan province. Germany has 5,000 troops stationed in Baghlan and other provinces in northern Afghanistan.

These are just some of the incidents that have risen from recent Afghanistan Security Force training.

The U.S. spends billions of tax payers money to train these Afghans to wear a uniform and "team up" with the ISAF, yet we find them turning on our men and women in uniform regularly. Although there are attacks from these individuals we still to this day train them to wear a uniform.

As we’ve noted, the United States has spent billions [9] to train the dysfunctional police force, which has been riddled with high turnover and continued corruption. The report noted that, while other countries also contribute to funding the police, the United States has been the single largest contributor, providing about a third of all contributions since 2002.

Additional Link

Is our Government blind to what is going on? Or do they just refuse to see the facts? They put our lives on the line for what cause? Oil? natural resources?

Currently being deployed in Afghanistan, I, as a U.S. Marine, see these platoons of Afghans regularly, and I will tell you it is quite uncomfortable when you walk passed them and they just stare, you can almost feel the hate coming from their eyes. The weapons they are given don't ease the tention.

I, for one, do not agree with the training of these individuals, not only could it expose our military establishments and coordinates; it exposes our war tactics and formations, which could lead to a high casualty rate for our forces during combat situations.

It is like training a wild wolf not to attack a herd of sheep, it will cost a lot and is also very dangerous.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I guess the psy-ops don't work as well on Afghans, as they do on U.S. senators. If I was in an occupied country being trained to kill people fighting the occupiers , I'd be pretty pissed too.
Almost everything we do is a bad idea, add it to the list...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
For those who disagree with the War, I too disagree with it, and believe me when I say I am not the only one in uniform who disagrees. It was my choice to join so I did, It still does not make it ok that many innocent American lives are dying at the hands of these forces due to the Gov. poor choices. Hell the War was a poor choice.

We as Military members feel the pain more than anyone; We have to do the dirty work, no questions asked, many of us have family back home waiting on edge for the phone call that their loved ones have passed. So please I ask to not attack me for being a service member. Unfortunatly as I have stated before it is my life now.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When countries are invaded, innocents killed, collateral or just by mistake, expect revenge from family members in any manner possible; Even to the extent of pretending to be allied with the occupying force.
I would do exactly the same thing if the USofA was invaded.

War is Hell

edit on 28-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm getting tired of the Taliban killing innocent people when they should be targeting occupation forces. Why the destruction of girls schools and villagers who talks with Americans just cause they were nearby? Not to mention the use of IEDs has killed thousands of Afghans who also used the roads. Don't the Taliban care?

top topics

join