It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxed-out Wars: US military 'recycle' Bush style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Barack Obama is expected to announce big changes to his national security team. He's said to be preparing to bring in a new Defense Secretary, head of the CIA, commander in Afghanistan, and a new ambassador to Kabul. To talk about this RT is joined from the US capital by retired army colonel and ex-diplomat Ann Wright.

Ok so Obama is making a change this has got to be good right? I mean putting a fresh unproven crony in such a key role during such a crucial time must be for the greater good....
Anyone here still on the Obama team on ATS want to tell us how this makes sense? We dont see a lot of this stuff being talked about on our mainstream news. No wonder the masses are tuning them out. So I guess its now our job to talk this stuff out. So have at it and tell us where you stand.

ps is it me or did the forums get a shiny new coat of kickass?
edit on 28-4-2011 by UcDat because: corrections 2

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Man I thought this was a great post but no bites...

No one pro/anti establishment gonna touch this? This sure wont be on your local mainstream news much.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think you may find Glen Greenwald's commentary on this enlightening -www.salon.com.../opinion/greenwald/2011/04/28/petraeus.
It's more merging of the civiliam intelligence agencies with the military, but why?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think you may find Glen Greenwald's commentary on this enlightening -www.salon.com.../opinion/greenwald/2011/04/28/petraeus.
It's more merging of the civiliam intelligence agencies with the military, but why?

The then-top Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, Jane Harman, said "she hears concerns from civilian CIA professionals about whether the Defense Department is taking over intelligence operations" and "shares those concerns." On Meet the Press, Nancy Pelosi cited tensions between the DoD and the CIA and said: "I don't see how you have a four-star general heading up the CIA."

Pretty obvious the White house brought in one of their own soulless ranks to cover the # storm brewing in the cia You know Im pretty sure most of them dont want to blow up the sears towers in Chigago... My money says the guy they switched out is off to die in Afghanistan for having gotten a sniff of something he shouldnt of...

Just a guess...

thx for the link been a while since Ive been on Salon never could figure out why he was anti republican till I heard he was gay still one of the most honest and well written sites on the web.

top topics

join