It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll be gone for awhile...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I had been having bad dreams for a months now, I had called and warned him...someone ran a stop sign..he is bruised up and scratched and has a bad place where the seat belt was...thank goodbess he had one on!!! He is 22, lives in Tree Rivers Michigan. From what I understand, a real hell hole of a place. He and I are having problems and I wouldn't let him come home because whenever I let him come home, he won't work, makes messes, won't follow the rules, tough love is extremely hard! I can't count the times I have cried over this...Maybe this will wake him up a bit about family and life.
I spoke several time with my son's room mate last night...he has been sleeping since he got home from the hospital, won't eat...I finally got to talk to him this morning, he sounds awful, can't hardly talk and says he can't walk much. I'm hoping they didn't just send him home because he has no health insurance! I leaving after work tonight and bringing him home for a few weeks until I am assured he is ok...then I'll bus him back home. 6 1/2 hours up there and 6 1/2 hours back...get a room there to sleep ...I'm just worried sick to the point that I truly feel nauseous. Not that i thought I would be really missed or anything, just thought I'd post it, hope this is the right place, probably not.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hope everything goes ok LadyV and that he gets better soon

See you when you back

Take care

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ya same here. Hope to see you back soon LadyV

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
tough situation ladyv, let's hope "he" realizes the extent of your sacrifices and love for him and that this experience changes him for the better. safe journey, ATS will be still be around when you get back.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good luck with everything and hurry back.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
of course you'll be missed, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Good Luck and please drive safely.

We wish the best for you and your family

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sounds very rough, but without challenges, life has no meaning.

Take care of yourself, and be sure to cut yourself plenty of slack. Life beats you up plenty, you don't need to help it with that.

As for having to be tough, that's what it takes. A young adult is still an adult, is supposed to rebel against you (yep, that's their job), leave and go out and make their way in the world.

If anything interferes with that process, it's bad for everyone involved.

Stay strong and remember that a little darkness only makes the light seem that much brighter.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Take care of everything and then hurry back. We will be missing you!

top topics

join