It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bomb Has Been Dropped On Birmingham, Mayor Says After Storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

A Bomb Has Been Dropped On Birmingham, Mayor Says After Storms

www.npr.org

— The Pratt City area of Birmingham has been "totally devastated [and] several other surrounding neighborhoods ... have also been heavily damaged."

— "You're talking about whole neighborhoods of housing just completely gone. Churches, gone. Businesses, gone. I'm not talking about just roofs being blown off, but just completely gone."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You've heard about Tuscaloosa...

Now hear about Birmingham....

This is ridiculous... take a look at those pictures and that film. While some folks are worried about whether or not the new Birth Cert is real or not... folks in Alabama have some real things to worry about.....

My thoughts and sympathies are with them...

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree 100%. We focus on too much drama these days.

There are always people that need help and those people are not entertainment.

I'm with you on this one.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I have some pictures in my thread from the devastation in Alabama, thats exactly what I said, it looked like someone literally dropped a bomb on them....so saddening.

Pictures from Alabama

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Thank you for the update to this thread....

Your pictures, with the tornado behind Jacks... where were those taken? Tuscaloosa or Birmingham?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

there was a thread with some really touching video clips on trained dogs helping war veterans to readjust to daily life at home. it was heartwarming. it got three replies last I checked. sadly, i think your conscious, responsible thread may go the same way. I used to think that folks came to this site for an unbiased approach to the news and media, a grass-roots, user created alternative to the MSM. now it's clear that the same idiot sheep who bleat at their t.v.s have made their way here. drama and politics dominates while real stories of corruption scandal and, like this, tragedy go relatively unnoticed. I hope i'm wrong and this thread blows up with positive wishes and energy flowing to the people down south...but...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thank you for the update to this thread.... Your pictures, with the tornado behind Jacks... where were those taken? Tuscaloosa or Birmingham?

Actually both places, It's in the link under the images

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
While some folks are worried about whether or not the new Birth Cert is real or not... folks in Alabama have some real things to worry about.....

and while some folks worry about their cars and televisions that were destroyed along with their homes, there are places in this world that always look like those pictures with people who are always unsure of where they'll sleep or from where they'll get their food: people who don't have the insurance that will replace most of what's lost.

While I'm not unsympathetic to unfortunate circumstances, let's not start this thread off with whining about perspective.
edit on 4/28/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Weird, I've had the song "Paint Me A Birmingham" stuck in my head for the last month. I don't even listen to country

So sad, wishing wellness for everyone there, I wish I could take all the disasters away

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the people effected by this horrendous storm, I pray the worst is over.

The devastation is heartbreaking, as another wise poster stated we have more important things to worry about then politics.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

It is ALL about perspective and priorities....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I panicked .... luckily it's not the historical city of Birmingham, UK...

Seriously US housing is a joke, always reminds me of the 3 little pigs. Most Asian slums are better constructed than the crap you see in the US. Doesn't mean I don't feel for the folks that lost their houses... but seriously... after so many storms to live in a wooden house, almost retarded in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This could be the most misleading headline I've read this week... or the most sinister..

Maybe they are trying to reveal a conspiracy regarding bombs being dropped on already-ravaged areas...
edit on 28-4-2011 by potaco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

It is ALL about perspective and priorities....

exactly my point.

Why should I feel bad about the people in those two cities when there are whole countries out there that look the same. You suggest people shouldn't be worrid about a birth certificate because of these storms but these storms in this part of the world are temporary inconveniences. This destruction is constant in other areas of the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Because a child who is born into that has a much different time than a child who has his world ripped from him...

It's not about objectivity, its about subjectivity....

And btw.. no one said you should feel anyway about it... you seem to be interpreting alot... it's better if you just read what is written and not into it.
edit on 28-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
My heart goes out to the people effected by this horrendous storm, I pray the worst is over.

The devastation is heartbreaking, as another wise poster stated we have more important things to worry about then politics.

As does mine... it's amazing how quickly things can change....

My family was there in birmingham, huddled in their basement without power listening to the sound of the freight train... luckily it didn't hit them

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

And btw.. no one said you should feel anyway about it... you seem to be interpreting alot... it's better if you just read what is written and not into it.

Nothing much to interpret or "read in to"; what you said was loud and clear.

This is ridiculous... take a look at those pictures and that film. While some folks are worried about whether or not the new Birth Cert is real or not... folks in Alabama have some real things to worry about.....

There was no reason at all to mention birthers, but you did.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

1. Once again, i never said you should feel one way or another...
2. I never mentioned birthers.... I mentioned other news stories that don't rank anywhere near the priority of human experience.... If you can find the word birther in what you quoted then you see something I don't

You keep reading into things

btw... just read your short story, Hempen Jig.... Loved it!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My family was there in birmingham, huddled in their basement without power listening to the sound of the freight train... luckily it didn't hit them

I am so glad to hear that your family is alright, I have had some concerns on a personal level also, my sister and her family live near Morrilton, Ark and they also have been in some terrible storms, I have talked to her and they haven't been effected and hope it stays that way.

My sister and her granddaughter will be visiting me in a couple of weeks.

new topics

top topics

join