It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dust in the Wind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Personally, I think anger or rage, whatever you want to call it, you know it, you've felt it, I've felt it. That one emotion that makes your face go red, it makes your vision blur, it makes you see blood. Let's call it anger. I think it's wasted energy. From anger springs forth apathy, grief, fear, hatred, shame, blame, regret, resentment, and hostility. None of this [snip] does you any good. It may fuel your fire for a while, maybe get you through a tough time, it may help you smash a record in the gym, but it won't last. It's like putting nitrous in your car, it's good for a burst, but it won't sustain you. The fuel that sustains you on your journey needs to come from within you, deep down, not from some external source. The fuel I'm talking about is like the deep, calm waters at the bottom of a lake. Anger is like the choppy, wavy, wind blown surface.

I mentioned awareness and self-observation in another post. Have you ever once questioned why you got angry? What exactly about whatever happened made you so irritable? Instead of blindly accepting anger as a part of you, have you ever observed it? Just looked at it? Questioned it?

Maybe the anger isn't real. What do I mean by this? I mean, the anger is inside of you and not in reality. It's like this. Let's say you're driving to work and someone cuts you off and get angry. If your anger is as real and as solid as you believe it to be that means I could pick any other person and place them into that exact same situation and they would become angry. But that's not the case. Some people wouldn't give two hoots if someone cut them off, someone might completely blow up, full on road rage. You see?

Where does anger come from or any other negative emotion for that matter. I'm talking about even the slightest bit of irritation. There was this guy at my work and for some reason he got on some people's nerves, he's just the kind of guy something about him bugged you or whatever. You know what I mean. I mean these people really let him get to them and upset their mood and sh*t. But, the truth is, he doesn't disturb you, you disturb him. There's an old Chinese saying that I remember reading, can't find it right now, but it goes like this, "You are trying to study. You live in a crowded city. A baby begins to cry next door and now you are having trouble studying. A few more moments go by and this baby won't quiet down and now, your not just having trouble studying, but it's really starting to irritate you, kind of [snip] you off. " [snip] baby," Stupid [snip] you say. You disturb the noise, the noise doesn't disturb you, like we think it does. I could place someone else in that same exact position and they wouldn't get irritated.

So where does that irritation come from? It comes from within you. It comes from your inflated sense of self. Your inflated ego. For some reason we think the universe owes us something. We think we deserve something. This is where all the trouble starts, we think we're special, we think we're important. You need to knock yourself down a notch and look at the big picture. The universe doesn't care about you. It doesn't give two sh*ts if you live or die. A hungry bear wouldn't think twice about eating you for breakfast. The universe is indifferent. To the universe you are less than a grain of sand. You are to the universe as a cell is to you in your body. Do you mourn for all the cells that die every second to sustain you as an organism? No, you don't. You don't care about that little skin cell or that one little white blood cell, you don't name them, "Oh there goes Billy, fighting my infection I have." In the same way, the universe doesn't care about you.

You can't lose sight of this perspective. I think anger and irritableness comes from the belief that the universe owes us something, that somehow we're special and important, when really, we're no more than dust in the wind.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doped00

edit on 28-4-2011 by dude69 because: nevermind

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You know what, a lot of things you stated are on the dot.
I have a temper problem from the time I've been really young and it has been a conscious effort to cut that down.
There have been times i have punched through windows and broken glass to let the anger out.

At times, when i sit down to think why i get angry and behave the way i did, its incomprehensible.
it is almost like there is someone else inside of me who was acting that way.

in my normal stable mood, i would never in my wildest imagination believe i could do what i did or wat i said.
feels like something influencing me.

well, obviously it is me & i think it my ego as you stated.
if not the world owing us anything, we feel our thoughts & opinions are better than the rest and wen we find that being challenged, at the slightest instance, the inner fire flares up in a false attempt to prove to ourselves that we are right.

good topic and nice write

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
yeah, Im going to go out and chop down all the trees and hunt species into extinction. its all good though. the universe is indifferent

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
We are more than dust in the wind. Science is proving the fact that consciousness resides out side of our bodies.

You know, an electron can exist in 3000 places at different times? It is true. Google it.

Then there are scientific theory's that support the fact that there are at least 11 different dimensions to the one we live in. If there are that many, then for each dimension there is an exponential amount of different dimensions in which we live. Infinite.

Consciousness is an ever lasting thing. All thing are made of light and are all bound together. Consciousness is just another form of that ever lasting light. You go on and on. Don't give up in your mind. You will live an eternity no matter what you think.

We are one.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
We are more than dust in the wind. Science is proving the fact that consciousness resides out side of our bodies.

You know, an electron can exist in 3000 places at different times? It is true. Google it.

Then there are scientific theory's that support the fact that there are at least 11 different dimensions to the one we live in. If there are that many, then for each dimension there is an exponential amount of different dimensions in which we live. Infinite.

Consciousness is an ever lasting thing. All thing are made of light and are all bound together. Consciousness is just another form of that ever lasting light. You go on and on. Don't give up in your mind. You will live an eternity no matter what you think.

We are one.

I think you're putting to much emphasis on the individual. I'll go ahead and agree with you in the sense "we are one." Only because when we die, we all return back to where we came, the earth.

And I'm not "giving up in my mind", actually, when you contemplate how small and insignificant you're life is in the grand scheme of things it's not in the least bit a bad thing, it doesn't depress me like you are suggesting. It's liberating. It just makes me want to live and soak up everything that much more. When you see that you are like the ant you stepped on on your way to work .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anger is justified by the ignorance of others.

top topics

join