It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camden County NJ Measles Alert issued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

The man visited the following locations in South Jersey while possibly contagious. -April 21: The Pop Shop, 729 Haddon Ave., Collingswood, between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. -April 22: The Home Depot, 2160 Route 70, West Cherry Hill, between 8 a.m. and noon -April 23: Kohl’s, 2133 Route 38, Cherry Hill, between 6 and 9 p.m. -April 24: Magnolia Nursery, 405 S. White Horse Pike, Magnolia between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Toys-R-Us, 500 New Jersey 38, Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Walmart, 500 New Jersey 38, Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Home Depot, 2160 Route 70, West Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Lowe’s, 122 W. Oak Ave., Lawnside, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Health officials say the man contracted the disease from a woman who recently returned from a trip to Italy.

Just an FYI for our ATSers who live in Camden Co.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Advantage because: cant spell OUR... sheesh...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

The man visited the following locations in South Jersey while possibly contagious.
-April 21: The Pop Shop, 729 Haddon Ave., Collingswood, between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
-April 22: The Home Depot, 2160 Route 70, West Cherry Hill, between 8 a.m. and noon
-April 23: Kohl’s, 2133 Route 38, Cherry Hill, between 6 and 9 p.m.
-April 24: Magnolia Nursery, 405 S. White Horse Pike, Magnolia between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.;
Toys-R-Us, 500 New Jersey 38, Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.;
Walmart, 500 New Jersey 38, Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.;
Home Depot, 2160 Route 70, West Cherry Hill, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.;
Lowe’s, 122 W. Oak Ave., Lawnside, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Health officials say the man contracted the disease from a woman who recently returned from a trip to Italy.

I had to format that.

It was unreadable.

edit on 4/28/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I had Measles when I was kid.
No biggie.

Doesn't people vaccinate for that nowdays?

Measles

More about Measles

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This guy likes to shop!

Too bad he couldn't go to one of the stores I dislike!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by Advantage

I had Measles when I was kid.
No biggie.

Doesn't people vaccinate for that nowdays?

Measles

More about Measles

Depending on the age and other issues it can kill obviously. Hence the alert.

My daughter is a transplant recipient and takes immuno-supressants.. she has to keep her immune system "put to sleep" so she does not reject her organ. If she gets measles... she dies. I simply put this warning out so others who need to know and may not have heard it might see it on here.

Vaccination is NOT foolproof and many kids cant have the vaccine for various reasons. If you search on here there are several ATSers who have contracted measles who were vaccinated previously as children. With the new drive for parents not wanting their kids to receive the MMR due to certain reactions and allergies, it is important for them to be informed when alerts are released. My daughters transplant team emails me local alerts considering she is not only immunosupressed but is on delayed schedule with certain vaccinations. I just happened to run across this one as a headline news story.

top topics

join