It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realtime Live Geiger Updates and Groups

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I thought I would link a few sites regarding citizens,not goverment,updates.

54 live geiger counters...
bearishtrader.blogspot.com...

www.facebook.com...

I know how some of you feel about face book,but realistically it is the best form of getting our message out there
regarding what is really going on.
And ,please,if anyone else has any other ways or links to provide ,please do so.

So if any of these links have been posted or the mods don't approve please remove.

I have posted links to our wonderful insight on what is going on from ATS on these sites also.

Just trying to inform as many people as I can so we can break this media black out on the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi there,

Brilliant, i've been waiting for a decent geiger map for ages. I'm at work just now, but will be checking this for updates frequently. There are a lot of "there's been a huge explosion at the plant!" messages flying about just now. It's hard to see the truth through the BS.

Thundersmurf...
Peace™

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Awesome links. S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is another link from citizens in Japan with live Geiger readings on a map and tweets.
It would be great if someone could translate some of those japanese tweets,but some are in english.

japan.failedrobot.com...

From this group

community.pachube.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What about those Geiger Counter groups. Any updates? What is actually going on out there in the field? Stop watching the non-news and get your eyes back on the game. It's afoot.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nothing out of norm here in the states.
Been busy,but will get back to my research.
Tried to aquire a geiger counter,but to get a good quality one thats calibrated
is beyond my means at this time due to $$$.
What would really help is to get more people researching also.

If you are really concerned about having being exposed,you can be tested to see if you have.
www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

Another link to Alexander Higgins site

Japan Nuclear Iodine Radiation In San Francisco Milk Over 2600% Above EPA Drinking Water Limit Japan nuclear iodine radiation in San Francisco raw milk detected at 2600% EPA drinking water limits and in store-bought milk 1045% above EPA limits by the latest University of Berkeley radiation tests. The UCB also claimed that all radiation levels in the milk were starting to level off while the data shows a sharp increase in cesium radiation in their milk samples after their statement.

http://(nolink)/2011/04/30/cesium-radiation-san-francisco-california-milk-spike-highest-1324-pcil-21582/

edit on 2-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Live updates from Santa Monica,CA from Eviroreporter.
Latest update is 46.6 cpm outside which is .012 mR/h

www.enviroreporter.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here are some updated info on what was reached the US so far.

onioni2.blogspot.com...

Cesium 134, Iodine 132, Tellurium 129, and Tellurium 132 Also Detected in the United States I have been always wondering why only data of Cesium 137 and Iodine 131 have been released to the public in Japan, as if only these two materials are discharged from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant. The reality is there are a lot more radionuclides coming out of it. I checked the website of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that has reported some detected radioactive substances (Note: the US has measured quantity of radioactive materials in the air, which has not been done in Japan). There I found out that not only Cesium 137 and Iodine 131 but also Cesium 134, Cesium 136, Iodine 132, Tellurium 129, and Tellurium 132 have been detected in the U.S.

onioni2.blogspot.com...

Compared with the average density of the past 20 years from 1991 to February 2011, Plutonium 239 in California 18 times, Uranium 238 in Alaska 17 times, Uranium 234 in Hawaii 30 times, and Uranium 238 in also Hawaii 50 times were detected all after March 11, 2011. Also, in Guam, Plutonium 239, Uranium 234, 235 and 238 have been detected for the first time in the history of the observation. So-called “half-life” of each material is this: Plutonium 239 for 24,000 years, Uranium 234 for 240,000 years, Uranium 235 for 700 million years, and Uranium 238 for 4.47 billion years. As you could see easily, these isotopes have almost endless life spans from human perspective. Both Plutonium and Uranium are extremely toxic radioactive substances that omit strong alpha-ray radiation.

edit on 3-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Now that we have this:

Fukishima Reactor Fuel Rods In Complete Meltdown
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I expect to see more data being posted here on a regular basis. Especially from the west coast.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is a forum from University of California, Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Department.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

A note on interpreting EURAD and NILU plume forecasts A lot of people have been bringing up the NILU and EURAD plume forecast maps over the last couple weeks, often using them as proof for saying something like "high levels of radiation are heading right for California." I just wanted to point out the disclaimers that both of those organizations give on their webpages about interpreting their results so that everyone can put these forecasts in their appropriate informational and qualitative context. This is the disclaimer from the EURAD website www.eurad.uni-koeln.de...: These animations display a potential dispersion of the radioactive cloud (Caesium 137 Isotope) after a nuclear accident in reactor Fukushima I. The continuous release rate is very uncertain, thus the calculations have to be interpreted qualitatively. Dispersion in the near surface level (Level 1), in appr. 2500 m height (Level 12) and in appr. 5000 m height (Level 16). The release rate is estimated as 10^15 Bq/d. This is appr. one tenth of the Chernobyl release. This simulation is a so called "worst case scenario" with continuous release rate. The value of 0.001 Bq/m3 correspond to appr. one millionth of the concentration at the source. At distances more than appr. 2000 km away from the source, the concentrations are not harmful to health. The simulation starts fictitious at 15.03. 00 UTC and will continue to run in order to demonstrate the intercontinental transport. When exact relaese rates are published we will restart the simulation with reliable values. This is the warning from the NILU website transport.nilu.no...: ATTENTION: These products are highly uncertain based on limited information for the source terms. Please use with caution and understand that the values are likely to change once we obtain more information on the overall nature of the accident. The products should be considered informational and only indicate 'worst case scenario' releases. From what we've learned recently, it seems releases of this magnitude have not yet occurred. Furthermore, these modeling products are based on global meteorological data, which are too coarse to provide reliable details of the transport of the plume across Japan. Currently we are using a daily releases distributed evenly of 0.1E18 Bq I-131, 0.1E17 Cs-137, and 0.1E19 Xe-133 per day. There are a few things in common between these two disclaimers: The maps are only "informational" and should be used "qualitatively" Results are preliminary and "very uncertain": Both organizations will update their simulations once the "source term" is known. Also, weather forecasting -- which is essentially what they are doing -- is notoriously difficult. "Worst case scenario": There is no evidence of sustained, constant releases of the magnitudes they are using in their calculations. So please keep in mind that the main purpose of both the EURAD and NILU maps is to show "qualitatively" how the plume would spread across the Earth, were it an absolute "worst-case scenario." Interpreting their exact numbers, such as saying that a huge concentration is headed for California, is outside of their stated purpose for making these maps. And please also note what the EURAD disclaimer says about health: "At distances more than appr. 2000 km away from the source, the concentrations are not harmful to health." If we see any large concentrations of these isotopes arriving in California, we will definitely report it here in the BRAWM air sampling page. Mark [BRAWM Team Member] Added 5/13/2011: Here are our current air plots for I-131 and Cs-137:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ad5b3b63af4.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f9eb655123e.png[/atsimg]

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

edit on 13-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey Kdog!! Great idea...
Next week we should get results from Greenpeace..... this is what we got so far.
Keep this link handy. www.greenpeace.org...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Thanks! I try to keep up and find links.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here are some links to some important(HA!) newscasters and others in case you
want to send them a message

www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...

Lisa Jackson,EPA phone # 202-564-4700
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
Governor Brown of California
www.facebook.com...
CNN
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
Nancy Grace
www.facebook.com...
Anderson Cooper
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...!%2FAC360&h=8d37e

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Daily motion-Radioactive America-What Mainstream Media is Not Telling You!

www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 15-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So I add as info becomes available................

Nuclear Physicist: Most of the fallout from plutonium-containing MOX fuel will drop on U.S., unless very strong winds take it elsewhere May 18th, 2011 at 05:08 AM

enenews.com...

edit on 18-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The latest from Gunderson

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards (ACRS) held a special ACRS meeting Thursday May 26, 2011 on the current status of Fukushima. Arnie Gundersen was invited to speak for 5 minutes concerning the lessons learned from the Fukushima accident as it pertains to the 23 Mark 1 Boiling Water Reactors (BWR's) in the US and containment integrity. Mr. Gundersen was the first engineer to brief the NRC on the implication of Main Steam Isolation Valve (MSIV) Leakage in 1974, and he has been studying containment integrity since 1972. The NRC has constantly maintained in all of its calculations and reviews that there is zero probability of a containment leaking. For more than six years, in testimony and in correspondence with the NRC, Mr. Gundersen has disputed the NRC's stand that containment systems simply do not and cannot leak. The events at Fukushima have proven that Gundersen was correct. The explosions at Fukushima show that Mark 1 containments will lose their integrity and release huge amounts of radiation, as Mr. Gundersen has been telling the NRC for many years.

fairewinds.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Interesting interview from Michio Kaku on CNN about
the truth of what happened in Fukushima.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here is a new link by the Intercept.
Based out of Portland,OR,they have detected radiation
in California milk,fruit and vegetables.
weeklyintercept.blogspot.com...

Independent Tests Indicate Radiation Is Entering the U.S. Food Chain Authorities in the U.S. insist that there is no danger to public health or the environment from the Fukushima nuclear crisis, and that levels of radiation that have been detected in water, air, soil and food in North America since the accident are in such minuscule quantities as to present little to no danger. EPA discontinued its Fukushima radiation monitoring efforts, and FDA says there is no danger to our food or seafood and therefore testing is not necessary. There have been no calls since the accident for heightened nuclear safety inspections or to upgrade or decommission aging nuclear power plants in the U.S. Yet, in limited testing conducted by states and independent labs since the accident, radioactive iodine and cesium—both toxic to human health—have appeared at elevated levels in milk and vegetables produced in California. Radiation has also been detected in milk sold in Arizona, Arkansas, Hawaii, Vermont and Washington since the accident. Elevated levels of radioactivity have also been detected in drinking water in numerous municipalities from Los Angeles to Philadelphia, and in soil samples tested in California. Fallout is blanketing America and will do so for a prolonged period of time until they can somehow stop the crippled reactors from leaking any more radiation into the environment—a formidable task. On May 25, the University of California Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering (UCB)—one of the few organizations testing food, soil, air and water in the U.S.—reported that it had detected the highest level of radioactive cesium 137 in nearly a month in raw milk samples taken from a dairy in Sonoma County where the cows are grass fed. UCB also reported elevated levels of cesium 134 and cesium 137 in pasteurized, homogenized milk samples with a “best by” date of May 26 from a Bay Area organic dairy “where the farmers are encouraged to feed their cows local grass.” I Source: Red Green & Blue (s.tt...)

redgreenandblue.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So news reported by ENEWS about the latest radiation data for drinking water
in Delaware.

EPA lumps these gamma and beta emitters together under one collective MCL, so if you’re seeing cesium-137 in your milk or water, the MCL [Maximum Contaminant Level] is 3.0 picocuries per liter; if you’re seeing iodine-131, the MCL is 3.0; if you’re seeing cesium-137 and iodine-131, the MCL is still 3.0. -Forbes.com

enenews.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nuclear engineers urging IAEA to create a level 8 for Fukushima!!

enenews.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join