It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Insistent On Rewriting History & Now The Bible As Well

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by welcometothejungle
reply to post by Snorkelbacon

Props to you! You really sound like you know your stuff....not some new age metaphysical crap like the OP....

I don't expect everyone to accept my philosophy regarding spirituality any more than you should expect everyone to accept yours.

The biggest difference between my version of spirituality and that of most orthodox religions is that my version doesn't utilize fear or hate to force people into conformity. I believe that love is the most powerful force in the universe and that the term "AntiChrist" is actually a verb or action, it is not an individual who will come to reek havoc on man.

We Are One. When Jesus said to "love thy neighbor as you love thy self" he was instructing us to be aware of the "Christ" potential in every person and not to do so would be to deny Christ and therefore, is a "AntiChrist" action.

As humanity becomes more aware of this reality, I believe that what is "Crap" to you, may very well turn out to be the salvation of many.

By the way, it almost appears that you may have signed up to ATS just to make that single comment in my thread and for that, I thank you.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The article mentions specific "history revisions" by this Barton fellow, and Rush's support of the man is alone enough to make me wary of the man. But the topic of your post indicates that you can give some examples of where "Republicans" rewrote history. I'd be interested to see them.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Snorkelbacon

The general focus of my reply was that no organisation or church will ever live up to what I consider 'christian teaching'. I'm not religious, but I hate to see good, decent teachings like those we find in the gospels being misrepresented by so many people. It doesn't matter what a person believes about Jesus, whether you consider it absolute truth or if you don't believe any of it was real, what matters is the teaching of brotherly love and defence of the poor and weak remain something that our society values.

<< 1   >>

join