It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Story: Egypt-Israel diplomacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

AlJazeeraEnglish on 28 Apr 2011 An Egyptian pipeline carrying gas to Israel has blown up, while most Egyptians say they do not want to keep the peace treaty with Israel.

So it looks like Egyptians are pretty sick of being taken advantage of... No more dirt cheap gas or support for the criminal occupation of Gaza. BTW this is not just the view of Islamist have a listen.

edit on 28-4-2011 by UcDat because: ext

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's another vid from RT that compliments the 1 st one. No point in starting a new thread so Ill tack it here. BTW this is directly related to the policy changes happening in Egypt.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

It was always my educated guess that the treaties between Israel and Egypt only benefited the Israeli's, and the Mubarak regime. It has never been a hidden secret that most Egyptians still had animosity towards Israel because of the previous wars and the past and current treatment of Palestinians and other Arab countries.

I know that there have been documented cases of Egyptians treating Palestinians like crap, but that was mostly the doing of the Mubarak government. I wonder which stance the new Egyptian government will take once it is fully implemented. I have a feeling it won't be all peaches and cream for Israel anymore. It shall be interesting to say the least. I hope whatever happens does not cause more turmoil in an already very unstable region.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I know this sounds "extremist", but I hope that more arms do find their way into Palestine. And not just guns and stuff, I mean arms that can take down aircrafts and tanks for when the Israeli's decide to pull another stunt like their last invasion. I don't believe in violence, but they deserve the right to protect themselves. I know that some will say that the "militants" will use them offensively. I am not here to argue whether they will use them offensively or not. I am just saying that they deserve them for defensive purposes. It would be nice to see the elected government of Gaza to be able to blow up Israeli tanks and warcraft such as jets and drones. It would make Israel think twice before they try another offensive.

I also wonder if the unified agreement between Fatah and Hamas will influence the Egyptian/Israeli relations in upcoming months. We will just have to wait and see.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by UcDat

I know this sounds "extremist", but I hope that more arms do find their way into Palestine. And not just guns and stuff, I mean arms that can take down aircrafts and tanks for when the Israeli's decide to pull another stunt like their last invasion. I don't believe in violence

Neither do I but I also feel for the people Gaza If we could I d much rather see us take the arms from Isreal ar at the very least stop supplying them.
But fact is we wont so like you I will pray the good people of Egypt will aid them defend themselves and end the siege on Gaza and create a new Palestine. That Israel will change its ways make peace and honour the borders on the king david accord finally.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by UcDat

I know that there have been documented cases of Egyptians treating Palestinians like crap, but that was mostly the doing of the Mubarak government.

without necessarily disagreeing with anything else you sais, this time frame is untrue.

all Arab states started treating Palestinians "like crap" in the immediate after math of the failed 1948 war of conquest (ie the Arabs failed to conquer Israel).

whereas Jews expelled from Arab/Moslem countrieswere assimilated in Israel and "the West" over the next 25 years or so, the similar number of Palestinains were forced into refugee camps and denied any rights to live elsewher.

this was a completely cynical, political decision by the Arab states to maintain them as a pawn - allowing them to settle peacefully in their own countries would imply recognition of Israel, and that couldn't be allowed to happen.

so that's why 700,000+ Jews expelled from Islamic nations have no refugee camps, but 700,000 Palestinians expelled from Israel have refugee camps in countries that, in many cases, encouraged them to leave in the first place.

It is also why there are next to no Jews living in Islamic countries, but still 2 million Arabs living in Israel (albeit under some pressure!)

top topics

join