It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded Warrior Program: Therapy Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is a wonderful program. Not all wounded sustained by soldiers are physical, most are mental and emotional. There is a reason the dog is considered Mans Best Friend: They give us unconditional love. Theyre always ready with a wag of their tail, a lick on the cheek or a nuzzle of the hand.
This program is wonderful, not only for wounded warriors, but the civillian counterpart of it as well.
Studies show pets actually HELP a person's emotional well being, and somehow, that helps speed healing.

Update: I found the group that does the service dogs, PatriotPaws
The wild thing is these dogs are TRAINED by inmates, which kinda goes with my other thread New Leash on Life, Inmates training dogs which was total coincidence

Veteran with Service Dog

Civillian Therapy Dog

edit on 4/28/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Everyone needs a four legged friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

thank you so much for posting this! we need more "feel-good" stories around here to counteract all the Political Venom being spewed. I thought it was a lot of videos and that I'd only have the attention span for one or two, but after the first one, I sat and watched them all, getting a little choked up here and there. when a man or woman signs up to go get shot at, and comes back in worse shape than they left, there's really nothing we can do to pay them back, hence the word sacrifice. programs like this are all we can do to say thank you to our warriors. i personally will be making a donation after watching this. thanks again!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thats my purpose, counter some of the negative stuff with not so negative stuff

new topics

top topics

join