It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for some people power... ? Change we can believe in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Tea Parties Congressional Reform Act of 2011 Proposal -- (this should be 2012 - am I missing something)

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.

I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
Now we need to fix the vote and make sure every vote is counted - this is only a start..
*as you can tell - my proposals of Polygraphying & Veteran oversight - did not make the list,
it will - just a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
finally

something on ats that has some balls or atleast some purpose
this can only go somewhere its needed

not like 1000's of the threads saying the same thing
pass this on
get a hacker to put it somewhere lots of people will see it

get on the street

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

It is good but you will have to place it in a format people can cut and paste easily. One that is complete and requires neither work nor thought on the part of the user (complainant) just sign and send. You think I am kidding. Everything must be idiot proof. There is an idiot or two out there. I would make this a document and insert it into your post. Isn't there something like this floating around on FACEBOOK all the time?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

It wouldn't surprise me there was... Something has got to give - and since we have laws - that appear
to have been broken - might as well use the lawless behavoir in Washington to do more than ignore it.

I'm an Die Hard Independent - and the Tea Party is like a Female Teenager. and with the current way
things are ran in Washington 3 parties that dont do what the people want done is a real possibility..
power corrupts absolutely. see 2 corrupt parties turn to 3 corrupt parties... you cant afford two what
makes you think you can control 3....
edit on 28-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by newcovenant

It wouldn't surprise me there was... Something has got to give - and since we have laws - that appear
to have been broken - might as well use the lawless behavoir in Washington to do more than ignore it.

I'm an Die Hard Independent - and the Tea Party is like a Female Teenager. and with the current way
things are ran in Washington 3 parties that dont do what the people want done is a real possibility..
power corrupts absolutely. see 2 corrupt parties turn to 3 corrupt parties... you cant afford two what
makes you think you can control 3....
edit on 28-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

All these people in Washington

getting big fat paychecks

healthcare, pensions and perks..... for what?

To represent us?

Not doing a very good job.

Time to represent ourselves.

Congress and House were devised to represent constituents who could not go to Washington, could not feasibly speak for themselves.

No longer necessary.

We should vote on every single matter that concerns US, "we the people" individually.
One social security number - one vote. What a concept??!!

I say AYE!

Lets get some " We The People" letterhead and send this thing in!

You are absolutely right that power corrupts. Everyone. lf we replace all present representatives with "right minded" individuals we will only run into the same problem with different people, taking bribes and screwing us. Rand Paul will be a real litmus test if he wins the GOP nomination. Hard to crack his integrity but as we see with Obama and with anyone, apply the right pressure and it can always be done. SO We need to assume the right to make decisions for ourselves and vote these bums out! That or lets require politicians to take a vow of poverty.

edit on 28-4-2011 by newcovenant because: Waiting for the dammed nurse!

new topics

top topics

join