It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop-circles: do you really understand what’s going on in the rape seed fields?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Very nice!

Thanks for the thread.

IMO, man-made crop circles are hoaxes to muddy the waters so to speak. They are a scapegoats for the handful of real ones that occur & still amaze and perplex.

But OP, you failed to point out or list the numerous & various other phenomena/anomalies of the real circles for our newer ATS'ers.

Indeed, they are not all man-made.

Pz.
edit on 28-4-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Crop-circles: do you really understand what’s going on in the rape seed fields?

Text

There will be no rape on ats or in a field with alien drawing on my watch.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Yeah, I tend to agree with you prevenge, I think Zorgon found something about MIT students using some sort of laser tech to make them? Hold up I'll look...

Not "lasers" but "beam weapons"
Here it is:

Of Flattened Flora and Expulsion Cavities: The crop circle controversy continues

and

Crop Circles, Part Deux: Alien Glyphs, Human Myths, Blogging Bliss

Anyways, after reading these, I see no reason why there couldn't be some sort of advanced human tech doing this. Which to me is just as interesting as aliens doing it.

Either way, I think they're beautiful.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Very interesting work. I must say, I have never really paid much attention to crop circles, thinking they were more kinda public artworks performed by rogue artists than anything else.

Having grown up on a farm, I totally understand what is being said about the Rape Seed stems - some plants have very brittle stalky stems that snap when bent while others are far more resilient and can be squashed then spring back up again. Growth conditions do not really affect a stem in relation to it's brittleness, so even if 2010 was a slow growing year, the plants would still break off at the stem like in earlier circles.

One thing I must ask though; Has anyone considered if they are created by humans that these 'new' circles are now being created by a hormone spray applied at the base of the stem? If any of you are unfamilair with hormone sprays, they are a type of spray that literally causes a plant to grow itself to death. When applied a plant will grow all gnarly and twisty, keel over then die.

Not all plants are susceptible to all hormone sprays and different dilutions can cause a plant to go a bit gnarly, but it can recover. So it is possible to create something along the lines of these circles, admittedly it would be a lot of work and unless they have discovered a very fast acting spray (maybe possible if one experimented with it) the circle would appear over the period over a few days. One indicator of this being a possibility is that the pics of the stems of the 'new' circles are constricted and withered looking at the bend spot - possibly caused by direct contact with hormone spray.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow. Half of you obviously didnt even read the OP, you probably just skimmed through the pictures. Some of you are jumping to the conclusion that the author is trying to convince you that aliens make crop circles, but that is not at all true.

Not once does the word "alien", or "extraterrestrial" appear in the original article. However, elevenaugust does mention the word "alien" in his "personal notes" and this is what he (or she) says:

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Personal note
To clear up things, I do not say with that study that the answer automatically lie in the alien hypothesis, but rather that evidences shows that some (rares) rapeseed CC cannot have been done using the olds “Doug and Dave” classic tools...
It's now up to people who wants (and have the capabilities to do so) to prove that it's possible using another method. That's will be the subject of another future thread explaining the whole protocol and methodology to try to reproduce what we can see in the rapeseed fields.
Otherwise I guess that this subject will stay for a long time in the highly speculative field....

Obviously, there is something strange going on, but to jump to the most radical conclusion first is just foolish. With todays technology, anything is possible. I think if you can find out what can bend the stems of the plants forever without killing them, you will find the basis of whatever equipment or technique was used to create CCs with the same kind of effect. I could see how some modified laser surveying equipment and a laptop computer could help make CCs more elaborate and complex. As for bending the stalks permanently I could imagine some kind of steamer. Kind of like a curtain steamer, if you know what that is. I'm not sure if this would work or how someone could use it on such a large scale. I am just trying to think outside the box.

Thanks, elevenaugust, for translating and sharing that.

edit on 29-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: fixed grammar errors

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by elevenaugust

I can't imagine a valid, sensible reason Aliens would create these simple patterns that are so often ..

Without a doubt I've disagreed with you on some issues as well as have learned greatly.
Why is the intelligence you possess incapable of letting the word "Aliens" go?

Do I know what causes the obviously extraordinary circles that even you mention stands out in the OP.
no one does.
but
What about the elongated nodes in the vertical formations in the center of flattened circles..
-
or the magnetic falloff from the center of formations to well outside of the formations?
-
and truly a ton of DATA issues that "boards beer and boys" couldn't possibly replicate.?
---

Aliens? really?
that's a dead horse ridden because the word "alien" is associated with "crack-pot" in typical MSM fashion and settles skeptics as "safely closed minded" on such issues.

.. what about just plainly "undiscovered"
I don't profess to know who, what or why but some are authentic and esoterically baffling.
Others are fake.

It begs the question towards those with a religious faith: If you denounce crop circles because of how "other worldly" it all seems, compare that to your religious stories which have no proof other than words..

b

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I wonder if the bent stalk circles were formed in the rain, and the broken stalk circles were formed in dry weather.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

One comes back to that famous question: why do they not work properly while they try to mystify their world by all means? Why do they not reproduce the effect generated on rapeseed crop circle of the Golden Ball Hill (2005) or Rutland Farm (2009)?

You honestly can't figure that out? It's because their work is NOT EASY. They have to go out in the middle of the night and create complex patterns. What on earth makes you think they would get it perfect every time? You said it yourself - the finished product is sometimes perfect, sometimes not.

Well, sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't! It's such an obvious answer - for you to have missed that, makes me think that your entire approach to this was dishonest - you were starting with the conclusion and designing the thread to make it look like an objective approach. Well, posing such questions, as if they were actually "famous" (they're not), is frankly absurd.

In my opinion, if you're trying to prove that humans aren't doing it, you should stick to magnetic anomalies, or radiation, things like that. Devise a theory, figure out how to test its accuracy, and work from there. If there's something besides man at work here, then it would probably leave a trace. Of course I'd further suggest staying clear of BLT Research. Their credibility has been completely laughed out of the scientific community - and for good reason, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbriefed
I wonder if the bent stalk circles were formed in the rain, and the broken stalk circles were formed in dry weather.

That's exactly right. Since these are made at night, when the dew sets in, the crops are almost always moist, making them more flexible than they would be in the daytime - when "researchers" generally do their testing, sometimes being unable to recreate the bending effect.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

honestly - this post has changed a bit of my thinking on crop circles in general.

i too was easily convinced that they were "man-made".

thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I can't imagine a valid, sensible reason Aliens would create these simple patterns that are so often ..

Without a doubt I've disagreed with you on some issues as well as have learned greatly.
Why is the intelligence you possess incapable of letting the word "Aliens" go?

Do I know what causes the obviously extraordinary circles that even you mention stands out in the OP.
no one does.
but
What about the elongated nodes in the vertical formations in the center of flattened circles..
-
or the magnetic falloff from the center of formations to well outside of the formations?
-
and truly a ton of DATA issues that "boards beer and boys" couldn't possibly replicate.?
---

Aliens? really?
that's a dead horse ridden because the word "alien" is associated with "crack-pot" in typical MSM fashion and settles skeptics as "safely closed minded" on such issues.

.. what about just plainly "undiscovered"
I don't profess to know who, what or why but some are authentic and esoterically baffling.
Others are fake.

It begs the question towards those with a religious faith: If you denounce crop circles because of how "other worldly" it all seems, compare that to your religious stories which have no proof other than words..

b

This is a very typical comment. It's logical - however the data that you're using is faulty.

Elongated nodes can easily be a natural effect. Check your sources - were they being objective?

Magnetic fallout has been debunked. Again you're using faulty data.

"boards, beer and boys"? Now, doesn't that sound precisely like the bias of "aliens" that you take so much offense to? If you care to look, you'll find that these are extraordinarily talented groups of people. Artists.

Literally every claim, when examined, evaporates into nothing but wishful thinking. All of them. And when THAT happens, you're left with some beautiful designs in crops. Do you really feel justified in being "certain" that your fellow man could not have created them?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ive read that the circles may be created by some sort of sub-contious energies and frequencies emitted by us humans.Theres tons of possibilities i guess..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
S&F for this w/o question~!! Thx you so much for bringing the scientific research into such a deep subject; it's late April/ early May, perfect time for some more to come out... Plz continue your endeavor to continue your research and bring ALL of this into the light of truth, whether or not it's hoaxs.

If it's not a hoax, we will have a greater responsibility to mankind to bring & KEEP this in the light of truth...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately its seems that most of the crop circles are man made by a group that calls themselves the circle makers.

This video here shows a team making one from start to finish in just a few hours.

Matthew Williams has been arrested and charged for making numerous crop circles and in a world exclusive names all the crop circles that were made by himself.

1 in a series of 5 (you can just chain watch them on youtube)

Now this may not account for 100% of crop circles but it definitely shows even very complex geometric patterns can be made by men in very short periods of time. Now I know I'm going to get people posting in here saying BS before they even watch the videos ... but watch them first then comment.

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TV DOCO

In August 2004, TV channel National Geographic asked experienced crop circles makers John Lundberg, Rod Dickinson and Wil Russell, for a daylight demo in Wiltshire.

The demonstration was excellent: the design they chose was quite difficult: a 200 ft diagonal square spiral. Intricate squares are easy to do, one round spiral is easy to do, but a square spiral had never been done before and the risk of failure is high as just one error ruins the entire formation.

Above: The diagrams they used to create the formation.

Above: Circlemakers Rod Dickinson and John Lundberg (left) with Wessex Sceptics Dr Robin Allen and Chris Nash who were also contributing to the documentary.

The CircleMakers have a web page about this demo including their original pictures of the formation at: www.circlemakers.org/Img/nat_geo_stomper.jpg

The three took 5 hours to achieve the formation. This might appear "long" but it is certainly not too much: it is much shorter than a night. Also, it could have been even shorter: the team had to make lots of breaks for National Geographics' filming.

www.youtube.com...
Third vid in a series of 5 chain watch em on youtube

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here is another series showing the crop circles they know were man made because of the board marks on the stems of the crops ... since they aired this people have come forward claiming the ones that even these guys thought were genuine just showing they the circle markers are getting better and better at their craft.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Hey "prevenge",

You didnt post anything in response to th OP's subject content. However you did bash "newcovenant" by calling what he believed in the subject as BS, a cop out, and just straight up ignorant......lol. All for just stateing his belief in the subject to th OP. Now as for me, I kind of stand with both of you in the matter. I side with you in which I do believe there is technology out there that can recreate the most complex CC's in addition to making them better. I have not seen such devices, but I believe they exist. Does that make me ignorant? if so you to are ignorant. I also side with "newcovenant" in which I believe that not all of the CC's are man made. Again, I have not seen such devices, but I believe they exist. According to you, my believing this makes me ignorant. My question to you is the same as to "newcovenant". Can either of you show us here at ATS, photos or video of 1. a Man made device superior in technological ability, existing that produces these CC'c. and 2. an Alien device superior in technological ability, existing that produces these CC'c.

I will say in closing, that an inability to produce such photos or vidoes of either or does not make you ignorant. But if you are going to discredit someone about their belief then show the proof to back up you accusation.

sorry for the typos in advance.

PS: star and flag to the OP. The foot work done researching this subject was outstanding. Nice pictures also.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
In the down below video the producers of video documentary interviewed physicist Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff of the Netherlands. Dr. Haselhoff offers scientific proof that at least some crop circles are indeed formed by balls of light/UFO'S. His research and evidence was even accepted after peer review for the Internationally recognized scientific journal, Physiologia Plantarum.

www.ufo-blogger.com...
edit on 29-4-2011 by infomaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
Unfortunately its seems that most of the crop circles are man made by a group that calls themselves the circle makers.

National Geographic will continue it's biased approach towards Crop Circle phenomenon

Crop Circles have, in the past, been misrepresented by the media and film industry.Is it about to happen again?Not unless the public allows it!

Nancy Talbott, accomplished Crop Circle researcher with BLT Research, has announced the plans of National Geographic and Zig Zag Productions to produce a documentary of which they asked BLT Research to be part.

However, Nancy’s past experience with a former 2005 Crop Circle documentary from National Geographic, lead her to ask for critical restrictions on the film’s release stressing she wanted to insure the data presented in the final cut would be“fair and unbiased.”

On June 24, 2009, Nancy received a phone call from Mr. Tom Barry,London-based filmmaker with the production, stating :

Nat. Geo. had refused to provide a written statement that the new film would provide an unbiased approach to the phenomenon or the BLT work...”

www.scribd.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Very nice information, well researched. I am really interested in the radiation and molten metal left behind in some circles. I can not think of any way normal people could leave that behind.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
ah well! back to this old chestnut
the simple fact is ALL PARANORMAL STUDIES be they cc, ufo's,ghosts etc
are contaminated by naysaying fakers determined to prove something false at any cost
these people who claim to have done this vandalism should be billed and sued for damages
quite simply put if you hoaxed a few circles and found mass media interest if ALL DAMAGES WERE ATRIBUTED TO YOU AND I MEAN ALL
THE CIRCLE MAKERS WOULD DISASSOCIATE THEMSELVES FROM ANYTHING THEY DID NOT DO!
THERES NOTHING MORE MOTIVATING TRUTH WISE THAN A MILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT(for ordinary people)
these objects are just the same as all unexplaned phenomena 99% fakery and flannelling!
but the one percent that cannot be quantified are the real reason we all come here the circle makers and all fakes can be discarded because at the and of the day we know the search peramiters for a real circle as discribed in the o.p.
just ditch all the crap!
xxaly

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join