It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop-circles: do you really understand what’s going on in the rape seed fields?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Crop-circles: do you really understand what’s going on in the rape seed fields?

Observing and comparing the rapeseed plants development.

For several years now, we closely follow the crop-circles formations in the rapeseed fields that appear in South England. Under the effect of mechanical crushing with planks, the rapeseed stems do not behave quite the same way as those of either wheat or barley.
The stems being bigger are therefore more difficult to flatten; the effect generated by the mechanical crushing is clearly visible. There are many folds, fractures and scrapes.
This does not stop pranksters; anyway. They start again and again every year!

In May 2005, up against the famous hill of Golden Ball Hill, near Adam's Grave, we identified a CC formation with very surprising characteristics. On the ground, traces of human activities such as described above were not clearly identified; on the contrary ... we noticed that the stems showed significant bends that remained nearly horizontal and that the formation showed like a "flower carpet” as if the surface of the crop was just pulled one level down.

Therefore, we begin to meticulously archive and observe the crop circles that appear in rapeseed and we are watching the arrival of the next equivalent formation. This will happen in April 2009 in Rutland Farm, just off the scenic site of Avebury.

A simple question, which leads to another one...

Is it possible that a team of hoaxers (acting mechanically on crops) have been able to bent - permanently - rapeseed plants on large surfaces without leaving a trace?

* If the answer is yes: what is their method and why, in this case, all formations of this type are showing a real scene of devastation? Why hoaxers do not always do everything possible to fool the curious? Can’t they work properly each time?
Is there only one team capable of doing very rarely? (One can reasonably estimate that 2 formations in 4 years is not that much compared to the number of rapeseed crop circles each year in England)

* If the answer is no: how the stems have been bent and who is behind the phenomenon? Let the "why" aside for the moment….

When a rapeseed stem encounters a strong mechanical pressure…

Either:

* It bends and straightens quickly
* It folds at the base
* It breaks

Therefore, we're very concerned when we found over large areas, rapeseeds bent almost horizontal. What we could clearly see only twice since 2005.

In England, the 2010 year was, for us, interesting and informative. The season was late and several formations in rapeseed provided us additional data on the behavior of this plant. Admittedly we are not very knowledgeable about this crop and in general we do not have to worry about its various states.
Then, at the beginning of 2010 May, two crop circles came in barely mature rapeseed. One is located at Old Sarum, and the other close to the famous megalithic Stonehenge site.

They both have the same characteristics:

* Clean breaks at the stems base
* Stems covered with scratches
* Stems that had clearly raised up after that the mechanical pressure decreased, when they had not been broken

These two formations have been enjoyed by the sightseers, but are just bad jokes. We were on the ground to observe, collect and archive datas and facts.
edit on 28-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Then, a new crop-circle…

Towards the end of May 2010 a formation was made in another rapeseed field at Wilton Windmill (near a windmill) and this time, the crop maturity was close to those of the two other “strange” formations of past years. The day after its discovery, an English friend, Robert Hulse, produced a short documentary (3) filming and commenting about the general condition of this crop circle and some important details.

Here is what he finds:

* Stems are broken or bent at the base
* There are no horizontally curved stems
* Stems shows clean scratches

This formation was undoubtedly done with planks by an “experienced” team "…. Experienced, of course, because it has created a complex pattern in a crop that is not so easy to flatten ... but not experienced enough to successfully bend the rapeseed stems?
One comes back to that famous question: why do they not work properly while they try to mystify their world by all means? Why do they not reproduce the effect generated on rapeseed crop circle of the Golden Ball Hill (2005) or Rutland Farm (2009)?

It is likely that the answer is quite simple: they are unable to do that...

Mystify people interested in crop circles was the primary goal of this formation. All these lines were not willing by chance since a mathematical theorem; a learned formula was hidden behind the "hoopla". Apart from the fact that the formula has not been correctly transcribed into "crop circle language", this poor ground work has not mystified any serious observers who have inspected it. The hoaxers’ team who produced this crop circle should better learn to properly work properly in order to avoid destroying part of the crop and avoid financial loss to the grower. In other words, hoaxers, if you read this, since you cannot properly do it, refrain from try it!

Bent rapeseed stems? We too cannot do that.

Can you?

Yep, since 2005, either in France or England, we are unable to permanently bend this kind of stems. Then, we proposed to curious people to try to do it by themselves and to publish their results in pictures or video (this kind of experience must absolutely be done with the agreement of the crop’s owner)
Bending rapeseed stems in a "sustainably" way is much more complicated than it seems.
To date, nobody has been able, even on a small area to demonstrate its feasibility.
However, someone or a team succeeds in 2005 and 2009 in Wiltshire, England. So, a priori , it’s a phenomenon that can be reproduced by mechanical means. Those who managed the feat with those two crop circle remain silent and don’t want their method to be communicated to the many hoaxers who continue to destroy the fields of England. Seems like some sort of challenge: "Do as I do, if you can!”

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Summary: where do we stand regarding rapeseed formations?

⇒ No one has claimed yet to be the author of neither the Golden Ball Hill nor Rutland Farm CC that are the two formations which originate the challenge.
⇒ No one has been caught making them.
⇒ No crop circle exhibits equivalent characteristics have been claimed.
⇒ No one has publicly explained the manufacturing process, with supporting evidences.

... And, of course, plagiarism attempts at occur each year since the discovery of these characteristics. Bent stems are presented, but we only see their close-ups bases on the photos, while a foot or hand can hold it. Depending on the angle of shooting view, a sort of “flower carpet" may appear to exist but does not withstand scrutiny, let alone to an in situ visit. There are also naturally bent stems at the high root level that, once excavated, will be presented as abnormally bent stems, or stems that located in the tramlines are shown as bent and distorted while they only grew up askew.

Crop evolution in two distinct formations by their manufacturing process

Many mysteries surround the crop circle phenomenon. While questions abound, all cannot find an answer. That is what we see with this case of rapeseed. Yet we are "in concrete”, and obviously there is a manufacturing process that does not fall under the magic ... So why nobody is able to explain the very real facts yet?

To try to see things clearly, we followed up the harvest, the evolution of the support of these rapeseed crop circles. This was done for two distinct formations:

* One remains unexplained: Rutland Farm - 2009, the “shaped sun” or “starburst” crop circle.
* While the other has been clearly and immediately identified as a bad joke: Wilton Windmill - 2010, the crop circle reserved for “mathematicians.”

Let’s compare the rapeseed evolution in these two formations:

First visit

Second visit

edit on 28-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The samples

Absolutely no doubt is possible; these two crop-circle formations have not been performed under the same conditions. Why? The maturity of rapeseed plants was nearly identical and 2010 was a very cold year, crop growth was slowed.
The parameters that differ most are in the tools used, as, in one of the formation, they have clearly left their tracks, while in another; these tracks simply did not exist.

You might imagine that maybe some sort of large and soft rolls have done a clean job. In this case, try it by yourself and watch over plant’s reactions. See if they do not fall, if the bent stem basis exists and persists, see if the strength of your weight does not break them, if your feet have, on the stems, no impact either ... and show publicly and in a clear way the result on the net. We are very interested and would ideally like a report covering the whole experience until the harvest time. [Appendix #1: Challenge in the rapeseed] (Translation in progress)

Conclusion

The oldest crop circle, closest to the tourists, the most exposed to close scrutiny and curiosity of individuals, is the one that has been least damaged while it was necessarily created by night... and that has been harvested.
At the contrary, the one who has been quietly developed behind “closed doors”, the one that has attracted fewer tourists because of its isolated situation and who lived the least time is the one who was completely destroyed. It did not resist... and has not been harvested.
Is at work that the “creators” have created this mess. But if a bunch of simple rolls can save the crops, then why continue to vandalize the fields? Because yes, it's vandalism!
For Golden Ball Hill and Rutlands Farm, no, it is not vandalism. We do not encourage people to create crop circles, we rely on the fact that the crops remains harvest ... sometimes, in very rare cases, and only in these specific cases, we find no clear signs indicating that a bunch of guys come on site to flatten and trampled the crop.

⇒ Note to all crop circle enthusiasts and real curious: as you can see, the rapeseed crop circles altogether fail to come during the period of summer holidays. If an interesting formation happens around April-May, you can still inspect it until July of that same year, since the “strange” characteristics persist. So you can, if necessary, see for yourself the bent and intact stems.

Is it about a "special team" who officiates always at night, at the same period (late April-early May), and which always chooses the locations near the epicenter of the crop circle phenomenon, therefore, inside areas that are potentially monitored? A so "special" team, that it is the sole holder of the secret or of some “magic formula” that bluff the small “crop-circle word”? A team that only acts very rarely ... but why?

What we know about this team is that it wants to draw attention... of that, there’s no doubt! And it succeeds undoubtedly…

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Notes, sources and references

Special note
At first, I would like to give special thanks Anne Moro, the webmaster of the French site “Culture-crop”, who has done since 1999 an amazing work with Williams Betts.
This is the original source of the above, translated from French by myself.

Personal note
To clear up things, I do not say with that study that the answer automatically lie in the alien hypothesis, but rather that evidences shows that some (rares) rapeseed CC cannot have been done using the olds “Doug and Dave” classic tools...
It's now up to people who wants (and have the capabilities to do so) to prove that it's possible using another method. That's will be the subject of another future thread explaining the whole protocol and methodology to try to reproduce what we can see in the rapeseed fields.
Otherwise I guess that this subject will stay for a long time in the highly speculative field....

Sources
(1) Williams Betts Gallery #1 (Golden Ball Hill)
(2) Lucy Pringle site for aerial views
(3) Robert Hulse Documentary: (Presentation in French and comments by Robert Hulse in English)

Screenshots can be seen here

(4) Williams Betts Gallery #3 (Rutlands farm), pp1 to 3
(5) Williams Betts Gallery #4 (Wilton Windmill)

Other references

Zef Damen reconstruction of the Golden Ball Hill (May 1st 2005) formation
Old Sarum CC (May 5th 2010) photographies
Old Sarum CC (May 5th 2010) file and discuss (in French)
Stonehenge CC (May 9th 2010) photographies
Roundway hill CC (April 29th 2009) photographies
East Kenneth CC (May 03rd 2009) photographies
Milk Hill CC (May 4th 2008) photographies
Botley CC (May 30th 2006) photographies and comments

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This is precisely why for many years now learned people have been saying ALL these crop circles are NOT created by humans. Stands to reason if they are not created by humans who then?
As I understand, along with this human impossibility that defies logic there is the speed and silence creating the formations (which is hard to fathom) also higher levels of radioactivity were found in the fields along with bits of molten metal. Excellent post. S&F
edit on 28-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

This is precisely why for many years now learned people have been saying ALL these crop circles are NOT created by humans.

thats BS and a cop-out.

just because you do not observe technology that may have done these incredible feats.. does NOT mean that such technology is NOT in the hands of actual HUMANS that are not showing you that they have such technology.

many governments and corporations have technology decades beyond what you see in the public sphere.

you can't just say.. "this must have been done by an advanced form of technology like nothing i've seen! ...it MUST be done by technology made by another species of intelligent beings other than humans from earth!"

that is a non-scientific conclusion.

it's jumping to conclusions.

who's to say there aren't humans with advanced technology capable of this.. on this planet.. using it to do this???

I think your conclusion is ignorant.

-

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Big crop circle hater, are you? Lighten up. You are not on fire.

Non-scientific? What about the tests painstakingly described above, the molten metal deposits and the unusually high radioactive readings in some of these circles are you finding non scientific? I beg to differ with you here my new friend.
As to the above tirade - Really sorry you feel that way. Certainly you are entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree but maybe I have investigated these phenomena a little more, and I think that is the opposite of ignorant.

edit on 28-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Great thread!
This is why I come to ATS - for pieces like this that are painstakingly put together with excellent pictures and analysis.
Mechanical methods aside, there is something to the beauty of some crop circles that seems above the ability of a human artist to create.
If I were an extraterrestrial intelligence who wanted to communicate to earthlings creating something of real aesthetic beauty would a great way of introduction.

S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Nice. Very well put together.

S & F for you efforts!

...waiting for the debaters to roll in... with their circlemakers website links "ah yes, it can be done by humans" lame arguements.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks!

Well, the above study do not necessarily imply an alien intervention... So, I'm waiting for someone to prove me that any circlemaker can do it and let behind him what we can see in either Rutlands farm or Golden Ball Hill, i-e definately not the same traces as those that we can clearly see in the carnages in the others crops...
edit on 28-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Really great thread with some serious research

S&F fo sho

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'll bite...

In 1958, Warren Harding and his team took 47 days over a span of a year and a half to scale the face of El Capitan in Yosemite- a feat that had never been done before. Sail with me to 1994, and Lynn Hill free climbs (no ropes or gear) the face in less than 24 hours. Dean Potter and Sean Leary climbed it in under 3 hours last year.

I bring this analogy up because mankind has a reputation of being scrappy and tenacious, with a "you don't tell me" attitude. Practice makes perfect and all that. If it acceptable fact that we can scale arguably the toughest rock face on earth, then why cant we press pretty pictures into fields, rapeseed or otherwise?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
From the Netherlands. Biggest one recorded that I know of.

It's just purty!

530 Meters x 450 Meters...Hell of a prank if it is.

Still my Favorite.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10479dc0ac00.jpg[/atsimg]

A Gigantic Butterfly Crop Circle formation (530 Meters x 450 Meters), the Biggest Crop Circle Ever ... appeared in Netherlands near a town in southern Holland called Goes, on the 8th of August 2009. It is an incredibly large butterfly with Da Vinci's 'Vitruvian Man' in the center, depicting the metamorphosis of the Caterpillar into a Butterfly. I stumbled upon this brilliant crop circle today while randomly checking one of my friends' profile on facebook

mountzion144.ning.com...

edit on 28-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

And to add to the list of fakes is this latest crop circle that has just been discovered.
You can clearly see the marks, scratches and broken stems in these crops
www.abovetopsecret.com...

S+F.. brilliant bit of comparison work.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
These days there are very few people that take crop circles seriously, mainly due to that documentary that aired years ago that credited those two old guys for creating all of them. Those two guys were later questioned about some of the more complicated patterns (like those that are fractals) and they could not intelligently respond to the questions, so I think they've been given MUCH more credit than they're due. But regardless, I've always questioned why people would go to so much effort to continue to create these miasive formations when they know that most people don't care. In some cases angry farm owners immediately plow them under, so some of them disappear before anyone even gets to see them. It's really a mystery to me, maybe there really are a lot of dedicated people that have nothing better to do with their nights than go around stomping out patterns, but it seems there is some deep mystery to at least some of these formations.

Regarding the OP, it seems to me that bent versus broken stalks could be easily explained by age of the stalks or perhaps water content. A well-watered and/ or young plant is much more flexible than a dryer, older one; so the bent-stalk formations could be due to nothing more than chance- the hoaxers happened to stomp those bent-stalk crops right after extended rains, or when the crops were fresh (or both).
edit on 28-4-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Alien made...or man made Da Vinci homage/knockoff? It is pretty though.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Fantastically assembled thread, when it comes to crop circles and determining the fake from the real, it's all about getting down on the ground and inspecting the crop stalks like was done here... Bravo.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I've seen this one and it is amazing. Not saying ET's created all the crop circles, but this along with many others are so perfect, so brilliantly constructed I will not believe a few dudes with some time on their hands created them until I see them do it infront of an audience. There are many others that are big and complicated, but you look at the size of this one, and you see a dot by the human head. Then you think a human is about that size, and wonder how could a few guys possibly make something so large and so perfect without any air support whatsoever. All they can see is the crops infront of their eyes, and when you imagine that you begin to realize there is no way you can just start making the crop circle without any aerial view, and nail it dead on with such precision.

Broken stems or not, I still won't believe a few humans with some two by fours can make a huge work of art like this, without making some mistake. It just flows so smoothly and everything is symmetrical. So until these people get on TV or a camera and show they can make things of this scale and precision I refuse to believe they can.

Now if our government secretly has some advanced technology that can do this, who knows. For the most part I doubt that as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Excellent post, thanks for putting it together it was a great read. Crop circles are so incrediably interesting that it really sucks that hoaxers are out there detracting attention from the truly mysterious ones. I often wonder if there is possiably some type of mathematical code/key/ledgen/translator that can be applied to the majority (If not all) of the unexplainable ones to prove they are not man made..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join