It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Wag The Candidate - Kerry Intro Video Contains False Imagery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When candidate John Kerry enters the Democratic Convention tonight, he will be preceded by a slick short movie produced by Spielberg protege, James Moll. Planned to be a stirring video montage of the Democrat's candidate, rumors are emerging of special effects, reenactments, and manipulations that distort the reality of the Vietnam situations being portrayed. In one scene, bullets hitting the water are added in editing for "illustrative" effect.

www.drudgereport.com
"Kerry would revisit ambush locations for reenacting combat scenes where he would portray the hero, catching it all on film.� Kerry would take movies of himself walking around in combat gear, sometimes dressed as an infantryman walking resolutely through the terrain.� He even filmed mock interviews of himself narrating his exploits.� A joke circulated among Swiftees was that Kerry left Vietnam early not because he received three Purple Hearts, but because he had recorded enough film of himself to take home for his planned political campaigns."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps Kerry will also provide "illustrative" commentary on what he will do as our President.

Or, for a change, maybe someone sometime somewhere will actually grab the issues and show us some real discussion. --- or maybe not ---

Related News Links:
www.dallasnews.com
www.norwichbulletin.com
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 7-29-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There is just something that strikes me as strange about Kerry. His life seems totaly scripted. This is not a right wing attack so please do not take it as such. IMHO no matter who we pick were in trouble. No doubt some of the reports are being generated by Rove and his merry bunch, but something about Kerry just makes me uneasy. From his body english to his speech there is something wrong. Now he is getting a slick hollywood makeover for his video biography? His wife is another sticking point. Her "love me because I am rich and get over it" speech seemed odd to me as well.

Ah well, time to inject a little levity follow the link for a little Kerry/Bush Duet

www.jibjab.com...

[edit on 29-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hey, Kerry spent 4 months in 'Nam and piled up a stack of purple hearts and assorted ribbons/medals/whathaveyou.

Not that anyone has mentioned it so far in the campaign, mind you.

I'm sure that it will be a stirring movie, and that it will win an Oscar next year.

John Kerry: Because He Served In Vietnam.
George W. Bush: Because War Is Good For America.
A Public Service Announcement from the Majestic 12

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Kerry keeps talking about his THREE MONTHS in Vietnam.
What ever happened to those decades in the Senate?
Oh wait ... he didn't show up for 80% of the votes.
But he still got his paycheck from the good people of taxachussetts.

Here's Kerry's record.
Make a movie of your record Kerry.
If you dare.

www.gop.com...

and for 'John Edwards the Movie' -

www.gop.com...

[edit on 7/29/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Um.... Majic are you joking? I hope so.

This whole thing seems quite Wag the Dog or Manchurian Candidate kind of stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You guys should check out the Jib Jab link. I almost wet myself. If you pro Bush or pro Keryy, there something for everybody.
www.jibjab.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
well this is old news for me I allready didn't like kerry. If i see him I don't trust him he is manipulating and bring down everything which may defend us against terrorist plots. full of words but no acts. Bush is resolute and he stands there for his points. even now they are planning to cut money to the jobmoter Nasa so they cannot begin with the vision he says he will veto every budget cut. hope people will see that this vision is for there interest and will create there new jobs we need so much in the usa.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Kerry's Purple Hearts were not for heroic injuries, they were for minor wounds. Anyone can get a Purple Heart, just need to get a wound. And just because a president served in a war does not mean that they will make a good leader.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm not going to add any commentary other than to watch the video in the link below. I'd like to hear what people have to say in response to this.

View this video

[edit on 29-7-2004 by SpamBurger]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The guy who started this rumor has a book coming out. It's just some right wing
nutjob trying to get some publicity. He's the one who acccused Kerry of not earning his medals. His group is funded by the RNC. The one John McCain says not to listen to (he thinks John McCain was brainwashed into a communist spy when he was a POW). The guy is nuts.

EDIT: Not everyone can get a purple heart. A friend of mine got some shrapnel from a car bomb in Northern Iraq (he went outside to smoke) but was denied his request for a purple heart. And the guy saying all of this bad stuff wrote good things about Kerry in Vietnam. It's only when he started working for the Nixon administration did he start to bad mouth Kerry.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by curme]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't want to denigrade either candidate for President - I feel its a lose-lose situation for theUS. However why is it that everything about the Kerry family appears so artificial and planned - 1) John Kerry pushing his Vietnam history. 2) Theresa, the Mocambican granny with lots of money who uses the words sexy and cheeky to describe herself. and 3) the Kerry daughter who thinks she is a Hollywood star and goes around in totally transparent clothes.

I keep feeling that these people are hoping to take the next step in their ambition, rather than serve the country.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Suprise! Politicians suck.

Bush and Kerry are both colossal pricks. Different kinds of pricks mind you, but raging tools all the same.

Were they your college roommates, they'd both drive you nuts.

Given a collective $50 to decide between paying an overdue cable or power bill, you might expect to come home from class and find either:

a) Kerry paid the cable, since people like TV. And the fact that TV's run on electricity didn't poll well.

-or-

b) Bush bought a keg.

But before you get too mad at roomie Bush, hear his super cool plan. We'll invite a bunch of chicks over and charge them each $5 for the keg. We'll make like hundreds. I'm sure of it. Then pay the cable and power in the morning. Plus everybody gets laid.

Then the next morning when you're sitting in the dark, alone, hungover and staring at a blank TV, Bush is just finishing up all the weed he bought with the money instead of paying the bills.

Narc or Bogart. You decide.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey both Kerry and Bush are Skull & Bones men so what else would you expect from these two. While I'm a Dem/Lib I'll admit as with Dean something does seem fishy about Kerry but hey no different than Bush and his cronies up in office. Just too bad Clark didn't enter earlier to run. I believe someone like him is pretty good when compared to Kerry as well as Hillary (I know some won't like that statement but whatever) and Bill and even J. Edwards. He may be a trial lawyer but I do believe his is pretty much sincere when he talks about his hope for America. Afterall unlike GDub Edwards grew up in a small poor town in NC and had the poor life that a lot of politicians on both sides didn't. He wasn't spoon fed into the position he's in now.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Then the next morning when you're sitting in the dark, alone, hungover and staring at a blank TV, Bush is just finishing up all the weed he bought with the money instead of paying the bills.

Excellent analogy Rant.

Signed, a disenchanted Republican.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Since they were both Skull and Bones guys around the same time, you have to wonder how well they know each other personally. I think it's kinda funny to picture them in the dark rooms at night IM'ing each other about what they're gonna do next.

OMG!!11 John that boat entrance rocked!!! Wait til I land in my helicopter!!! LOL!!1!!

new topics

top topics

join