It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my letter for the Selective Service today. What should i do?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
You are so self righteous.

I am not righteous my friend. Righteousness is a goal to obtain. One should always be striving for it. The path to it is love. Loving all, even those who hate you, those who oppress you, those who would kill you. Love is not weak. Love is the greatest strength for with it you eliminate all enemies.

You present yourself as an absolute with all the pompass attitude that goes with it. You present yourself as a high and mighty authority of peace on Earth and yet all you really do is post on ATS and get nothing done.

Why do you judge me as pompous when I advocate non-violence, peace, and love. I am not the high and mighty authority. The truth which I present is the high and mighty authority. If you think I do not speak the truth then explain how you can end violence with more violence.

But most of you self righteous peaceniks do just that. NOTHING. Because if you ever had to put effort into your words you'd have nothing to complain about and feel high and mighty about if you ever actually succeeded. You'd have no one to look down your nose at. And in the event that you are within reach of your success you would decry the efforts of men like me to defend you when your enemies come to destroy you.

I have done and continue to do everything that I ask others to do on this forum. I do not look down my nose at anyone. I do not let lies pass for truth. That is simple honesty. Would you prefer to continue to hear lies? I thought this forum was about denying ignorance. Isn't that what you come here for?

You say stop worrying about the flesh because you will die soon anyway. How selfish. I worry about what I can provide my children, and their children. Americans have always been the kind of people who provide a better future for the next generation than the one the had precisely because they worry about what they will pass on AFTER they are dead...Not anymore.

You worry about what you can provide YOUR children not realising what you provide them comes at the expense of depriving another's children. Those parents are equally desirous to pass on a better world to their children and they WILL come take what you are providing yours for taking from theirs. So, what you have left your children is a state of perpetual war.

I have a daughter, but I realise I must leave a better world for all the children of the world if mine is to have peace.

Part of that is because we're being brainwashed into believe that the only thing that matters is "tolerance". Tolerance for ideologies that are incompatible with free societies, tolerance for those who would seek to destroy our national identity, tolerance for those who would rather use me as a human shield while they curse my name behind my back because they lack the stones to say it to my face.

I never said to tolerate oppression. Stand up to it. Refuse to abide by it. Stand with those who are already oppressed. Free all and stand united as a free people. You cannot end tyranny by becoming a tyrant. You can only end tyranny by refusing to be subject to it.

That is the kind of society we're raising today. one of "Tolerance" instead of UNDERSTANDING. One that says there's nothing worth fighting for so lay down your arms...

One day this mindset will deliver us into the evil we fear the most. Something no Selective Service piece of paer will ever accomplish.

There is only one way to stand up and fight tyranny. Give back what the tyrant gives you for your compliance. As long as you eat from the hand of the tyrant, you cannot win the fight against him. Christ showed the way, Gandhi walked the path, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. walked the path, John Lennon sang about the path, force of arms is not part of the path to freedom. Human WILL and resistance to tyranny is the way.

You wonder why I spend so much time on ATS talking about it? Do you know how many I reach through this forum? Do you know how many are seeing a better way simply from listening and reasoning?

Check out the Plan at the bottom of my posts. If you really want to make a difference, start reasoning with others and give hope for a better tomorrow. Show a path that is better than what we have tried in the past. We are a Brotherhood of Man. It is time we start acting like it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The U.S. Military Police would not have a problem with removing you from your premises LEGALLY with force, if they came to call you to war under a draft. You are a US citizen, under the constitution of the US Government. You as a citizen of the US, must abide by the rules and regulations that govern the United States.

Did you not learn this from school?

Do they teach that in schools anymore?

Maybe it is just me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's so ironic.
There is thread after thread on ATS about some "gay" conspiracy to make men wimps and meterosexuals.
Some funny cartoons or adverts make young men reject their masculinity, or so it seems.
One hears of increasing mental illness (almost everybody is bipolar or depressed), or dysfunction like morbid obesity and addiction.

Well, have the masculine critics of this male generation ever thought that the shattering of the male psyche and body is occurring at a time of war?

Who wants to be masculine when it means being a second class citizen cajoled into forced service?
We have an OP who takes pills, and admits he worsens or feigns illness.

Maybe if masculinity wasn't represented as some "don't be a pussy jock", or some army stereotype, men would be more comfortable with being masculine.
Maybe men who are born warriors would then also be welcomed back more easily.

Currently men have very little reason to live up to the social expectations of masculinity.
Why should men be fit and healthy if it means a potential draft?
The feminine has no such pressure, so why should they not desire to be more like that?

Every nation must fight when it is attacked, and there are many skills and ways to fight.
But to disadvantage one segment of the population in a free-market system is reducing them in status.
It's like saying: "Sign here and we can send you away for so many years.
Oh, but you'll have to compete with women and men we never chose when you return".
It's reducing especially young men to potential prisoners.
When people fight, surely they should be proud to fight.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I don't think there's a gay conspiracy.

I think it's a progressive conspiracy to make men passive, ineffectual, and incapable of fighting for their own lives and freedom should the time come.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
The U.S. Military Police would not have a problem with removing you from your premises LEGALLY with force, if they came to call you to war under a draft. You are a US citizen, under the constitution of the US Government. You as a citizen of the US, must abide by the rules and regulations that govern the United States.

That's what they say. In actuality I do not abide by all the rules and regulations of the government, and I don't give a damn about it. Let's see them reinstitute the draft. I'll be waiting.

Maybe it is just me.

Yes, our public schools are a shining example to the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

True to a point, which kinda begs the question.

Of course it's all hypothetical, since we don't know what war could await America.
I believe if the US was truly threatened most would fight.
However, with the recent legacy, most feel they have been lied to and any future war will not be just or worth it.
That mistrust is perhaps the conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

That's what they say. In actuality I do not abide by all the rules and regulations of the government, and I don't give a damn about it. Let's see them reinstitute the draft. I'll be waiting.

Maybe it is just me.

Yes, our public schools are a shining example to the world.

Oh, so you do not abide by the laws of the US?

You are eating somehow and disposing of your waste in a sanitary system somehow.

I am sure that there is a motor around you which takes gasoline to operate.

You are not TOTALLY off the grid buddy. In all fairness you have a federally recognizable footprint about.

You are not Davy Crockett.

and that federal footprint is where your dependence is located. You are on this net somehow correct?

You are paying taxes somehow and maintain a federal footprint.

I say to the contrary, you are almost model except for the anti-patronage, cut the act dude!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Register

There will not be a draft in the future.

Even if there is there are so many ways to beat the draft.

Back during the Vietnam war many of the guys where i lived use to eat a 1 pound bag of sugar just before the draft physical and be rejected for diabetes.

None if these guy were diabetics and many are not to this day but the overload of sugar made it look that way.

There are 1000s of ways to beat any future draft so this is just a outdated law that has no meaning today and only would catch the stupid if they had a draft.
en.wikipedia.org...
paganveteran.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I do what I do, and if it's against the law, like I said, I don't care. Let the Sheriff worry about it.

You are eating somehow and disposing of your waste in a sanitary system somehow.

You are not TOTALLY off the grid buddy. In all fairness you have a federally recognizable footprint about.

and that federal footprint is where your dependence is located. You are on this net somehow correct?

I say to the contrary, you are almost model except for the anti-patronage, cut the act dude!

I don't suppose you actually know much about Davy Crockett.

Using public utilities is not the same as following the laws, so I'm not sure how you even got off onto these tangents. It's interesting that you think you know whether I can survive without a car or paying taxes. According to you, any redneck with plumbing is completely dependent on the federal government and would die without them..... Yawn.

If you stick to what I originally said, I said that I will not be drafted, and I will do everything in my power to avoid it. If you think the MP are coming after me then boo hoo, let's see the draft be reinstated first.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
and this is coming from a person who posts up a link to a SATIRICAL thesis?

Wow, ATS has gone down!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I do what I do, and if it's against the law, like I said, I don't care. Let the Sheriff worry about it.

I don't suppose you actually know much about Davy Crockett.

Using public utilities is not the same as following the laws, so I'm not sure how you even got off onto these tangents. It's interesting that you think you know whether I can survive without a car or paying taxes. According to you, any redneck with plumbing is completely dependent on the federal government and would die without them..... Yawn.

If you stick to what I originally said, I said that I will not be drafted, and I will do everything in my power to avoid it. If you think the MP are coming after me then boo hoo, let's see the draft be reinstated first.

You ABIDE by the US law, YOU ARE PAYING TAXES. That was my whole example. density hurts huh?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You ABIDE by the US law, YOU ARE PAYING TAXES. That was my whole example. density hurts huh?

I wouldn't know, does it?

Paying taxes has nothing to do with avoiding the draft.

The main reason I pay taxes anyway is because they automatically take them out of my freaking pay check before I even get a say. Because they already know we don't need their parasitic garbage to live. And let me also say that going on the run without a job is a given if I was actually avoiding the draft. I hope it doesn't come to that, but before I would go to war in the Middle East, or a military prison, you're damned right I would ditch my job and residence. If they want me to go to war, then I would have to go to war, one way or another, you see? I would be forced into an undesirable situation. I can also make money tax-free on the side if I need it. I'm not going into any more detail than that for some petty internet argument, because then I really would be giving myself away.

Like I said, let them reinstate the draft!

They can't.
edit on 29-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

So, let me understand, a lot of US men are willing to sign a form that allows them to drafted on the hope that there will be no draft and the form is thus useless anyway on that basis.

Then why don't conservative Americans allow gay marriage?
Since marriage is only between a man and a woman in their paradigm, then same-sex marriage doesn't exist and the marriage contract is void in any case!

Perfect! People can sign stuff on the assumption that it doesn't exist and therefore will never exist.

Now just get females to sign that stuff too for some equally crippling service, and even the feminists will be shouting for joy, because women will be signing for funds for something that merely will never exist!
In fact, make them sign for the same possible combat draft as men, especially if they're pregnant.
I mean it's never going to happen.
Just a bit of harmless fun!
Make the pets and children sign it too, I mean why not?
It's never going to happen - right?

edit on 29-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I wouldn't know, does it?

Paying taxes has nothing to do with avoiding the draft.

The main reason I pay taxes anyway is because they automatically take them out of my freaking pay check before I even get a say. Because they already know we don't need their parasitic garbage to live. And let me also say that going on the run without a job is a given if I was actually avoiding the draft. I hope it doesn't come to that, but before I would go to war in the Middle East, you're damned right I would ditch my job and residence. Like I said, let them reinstate the draft!
edit on 29-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

Bottom line unruly young man is that you are under a roof under which the US soil resides. You are a citizen of lawful age that if the US government were to call to war you are duty bound to go or become a fugitive of the law which you will do Federal time for. You would have reneged your freedom....

Quick Q? If you are so unsatisfied with the Government, why not just leave and renege your citizenship? Then you do not have to worry about a draft at all.

You sound very dense talking about the US Government will not take you if a draft were instated.

"I don't abide by the rules of the US"

look at yourself when you open your mouth, and explore the folly!

man you are manic!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The draft has already been re-instated...

It is a voluntary draft. Join the war front or starve because there are no more JOBS.

There are no more jobs because they will not release the MONEY.

They will not release the money because they need you to fight their WARS.

They need you to fight their wars so that they can make more MONEY.

The money is a representation of your personal freedom and power. The less you have of one, the less you have of the other. The only way to accumulate more money is to become deeper entrenched into the system, yield more personal power and freedom for the sake of the system. The freedom you gain for this sacrifice is an illusion because freedom you have to ask for or earn is NOT FREEDOM. Eventually you become so addicted to the system that you will be it's greatest defender.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.

It is, has, and always will be about taking your personal power from you.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 29-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SerenityGained

It is so funny!!! I don't believe we have it as good as you people think...My best friends daughter just got into a good college and with a scholarship will have to pay $30,000 a year.that is $120,000 after her education is finished in 4 years.I don't know how she will do this when the average person makes $31,000 a year and you need ever penny to live...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Bottom line unruly young man is that you are under a roof under which the US soil resides. You are a citizen of lawful age that if the US government were to call to war you are duty bound to go or become a fugitive of the law which you will do Federal time for. You would have reneged your freedom....

It's an American tradition to stand up to your government, instead of hunkering down like a coward and just doing what they say no matter what. "Freedom" according to you is apparently being forced to go fight a war against your will. What more is there to be said about your completely warped view of freedom? Are you even an American citizen?

Quick Q? If you are so unsatisfied with the Government, why not just leave and renege your citizenship? Then you do not have to worry about a draft at all.

Show me the form I have to fill out.

I have no issue with my local or state government and have no intention of leaving where I was born and raised just because the US might try to force me to fight against my will, ie what you call "freedom."

You sound very dense talking about the US Government will not take you if a draft were instated.

This is coming across more and more as a compliment to me, coming from you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
wow Im sorry but this thread makes me sick, Zoloft is your crutch op??, you really don't need it, well what about the brave soldiers, marines, all the branches in the military, my brothers, my husband who did their selective service, and served in the service, AWW you don't want to go you poor little baby but you want help for school?, wow WOW, Grow some balls and do what men do, if not for yourself for your country, and fellow brothers who are in.

Ugh What is happening to Men these days, are there any???
edit on 29-4-2011 by hapablab because: Yeah no reason

I had no idea BRAVE MEN invade other countries for making oil companies rich whilst killing innocent families... ... everyday i learn something!your husband is a disgrace and same goes to any other person feeling PROUD for serving under these orders....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Maybe you were automatically signed up to be signed up when you got your permit. You know, like, pre-signed up for when you were old enough.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join