It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Tornadoes Hit Alabama, Missouri, April 27, 2011 (videos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeoflyman
reply to post by RUSSO

I'm from Birmingham AL and right now the death toll is at 250 and rising. I think it will go up a bit more because they still have a lot of ruble to move.

This is a sad number... was watching the channel and they commented that unfortunately could pass 300.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
EEF4 Tornado Tuscaloosa

This video is from the EF4 tornado that went through Tuscaloosa, AL on 4/27/11. It was taken from the University Mall parking lot. Probably the closest video to the storm your going to see.

Supercell Storm over Starkville, Mississippi

A potent supercell thunderstorm drifted over the campus of Mississippi State University at around 5:30pm CDT on April 20th, 2011. This storm packed up to baseball-sized hail and dropped a rotating wall cloud from its updraft base. While no confirmed tornado touched down in Starkville or the surrounding region in Mississippi from this storm, the structure of the storm itself was a sight to behold. This panoramic view of the storm was shot on an iPhone from the north side of Mississippi State University looking southward.

CNN

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
reply to post by alysha.angel

their ok thank god, but she also says that may is the worst month for these storms but i hope this year it turnes out to be mellow...

I'm glad you and your family are safe! My best wishes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This thread coverage tops anything I've seen on the news. Applause.
It made me cry.

This kind of tornado is not typical anywhere. It was extraordinarily huge. In a metropolitan area, and on McFarland Blvd. which is a main thoroughfare. Sirens had been sounding for an hour, which accounts for the clear parking lot at this mall.

Tuscaloosa has tornados regularly this time of year, but most are less than half the size of this one.

Debris from Tuscaloosa rained down on Birmingham (60 miles away) for an hour. Parts of buildings, Tuscaloosa car tags, clothing, checkbooks, items clearly from restaurants.

It's state wide, as you know. In parts of Birmingham, they have "mobile morgues" operating, to pick bodies up from their lawns. Radio was asking neighbors to tag any of them with a positive ID if they could. Good God.

Why do they always seem to hit poor neighborhoods? It's so odd. Not trailers in this case, just little wooden row houses. Of course, it's all not reported yet. Maybe some of the more affluent neighborhoods were hit too.
I don't know.

But thanks for the informative thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by RUSSO

Given the ferocity of storms in April this year, anyone in the midwest and the western dixie should probably expect some very bad tornadic weather in May/June, which is historically always about twice as bad as April.

We could see some more of this, but hopefully nothing as tragic.
edit on 28-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

You are so very correct...These are play storms we are getting now compared to what we will be getting in May-June-July when it really turns hot weather and these cold fronts mix up with them....Probably many F-5's + will be seen in the next 90 days......The bad thing about it is there is NO safe place to be except underground....Just hope peoples lives are spared in the future....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is incredible, horrifying. I didn't believe in the 2012 theory but after all these horrific events occurring lately i'm starting to believe something big is getting ready to happen, maybe not 2012 but pretty soon, and we better be prepared for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
wow pretty cool someone predicted this just recently on another thread

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Honestly, with a tornado that big, you either have to pray it doesn't hit you, kiss you a** goodbye, or be underground. If you are in the path of a monster that big, you will die if you are not underground--at least without the help of some angels. Unfortunately, the shear amount of deaths from these monsters prove that. Even houses have been known to explode because of the massive pressure differential created by the storm.

Is the frequency of these massive tornado outbreaks, now 2 back to back, starting to frighten anyone? Usually, there are like two a year. Or is that just selective memory?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm in Alabama. I just got my internet service back. I want to tell you all something. I moved here 5 years ago when they were in the middle of a draught. I would set and watch the planes make lines in the sky. within 24 hours it would rain. I noticed last year (the draught is over) you would still see them doing it and wondered why because we had plenty of rain the ground was soaked. I noticed a couple of weeks ago the planes in the sky again making the lines. I thought why do they want to make it rain we've had plenty of rain. We got rain but further south they had at that time what they called the worst outbreak of tornados in decades. This was around the 15th of april.

Yesterday morning we had a heck of a storm then the skies cleared up. The power was taken out by the storms so I told my son we would go into town for breakfast. I looked up at the sky as we were getting into the sky and saw the planes making lines again. I said why in the heck are they doing that. The last time they did that tornadoes broke out all over the place. On Tuesday you could feel something in the air that made you knew something bad was coming. Another person at work made the same comment so you could feel something wicked was coming this way. So why were they adding fuel to the fire?

I don't want to seem like a nut job but the first tornadoes were farther south of me. We just got bad weather. It was about 24 hrs before the tornado's hit there. Yesterday they were closer some even miles from me but the big one was 100 miles. It was less than 12 hours after they had the planes making the lines. I have a feeling they are trying to make the weather worse than what it would be. I think we all need to look up at the sky within a day of bad weather and see if we notice the planes and if they produce an outbreak of tornadoes.

Does anyone know if anyone reported seeing this in N. Carolina withinn 24 hours of their outbreak.

I'm sorry if I sound crazy but it's been something gnawing at me since yesterday morning.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just moved from the south a little over a yr ago. Lived there for nearly 12 yrs in N AL south of Huntsville Arab/Boaz area and extreme NW GA Trenton right by Chattanooga. I sold at the flea markets it is my backyard.

I have seen several hurricanes and storms and even went through a tornado outbreak. I have never ever seen anything in my entire life like this.

I live now in S MO and my son was in Trenton in the valley between 2 mountains which is extreme NW GA by Chattanooga and some of you know its a big city. The other side is Ringgold GA.

I woke up heard something on the internet about the severe weather, so I went and called him thinking he was in college but instead he was working at the convenience store by the mtn. He got lucky on the direct hit and they ruled it as F1. they never get tornadoes as the way it sits in the valley. even in TN you are hearing doesn't get tornado outbreaks or super huge tornadoes. rare

I am talking places that DO NOT GET TORNADOES

AL of course but NOT WIPING OUT TOWN AFTER TOWN AFTER TOWN

Then we heard about Tuscaloosa. so now central AL is getting in on the action. watched that sucker live coming straight to downtown Birmingham AL. missed it by 2 miles!! it was nearly 2 miles wide!!

then, they said round three-there was 3 rounds!!- was going to be the worst-how could it get worse?? Tuscaloosa is now hit and I am calling my son as communication is down with power in his small town. I said they say this is a monster tornado coming. Remember Trenton never gets hit my tornadoes. they just had one this morn.

This had gone on all day long and now early eve. He called back said it missed us mom its over. call me back as another one was coming and I was going to give him the warning if necessary, I did not hear back from him. so, I called said hey another one he said uh after I hung up we were directly hit with the tornado. people dead and severe damage on this side of town.

I really thing HAARP was involved. Someone said last Friday they say a HAARP signature when St Louis was hit with their tornado.

Meteorologist everywhere are saying never seen this ever. Now Norman OK is saying they have never seen cells predicted or forecasted like this ever. People on the ground are saying never ever ever seen tornadoes like this or the damage.

every single one was a wedge tornado zipping at 70 mph at least half mile to up to 3 miles wide. I have never heard of a 3 mile wide tornado. one after the other. they had time to take cover but the tornadoes came too fast to recover from the last one.

this is the Earth has changed as a ton of people are saying because of Japan knocking the axis by 8 inches or it was man made that helped a natural occurring outbreak to be one from hell that is not natural

I know towns, cities gone off the map I mean gone forever!! Tuscaloosa finally releasing pics and it goes on for miles and miles and miles

sorry for long post but I just am in a state of shock and can't still wrap my head around this.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's another thing I'm having problems with. Yesterday about 5 a friend came over and told me get all the water you need they're going to cut the water off at 6 tonight you won't have anywater. So I called a person I know that works at the water company. She said she just got off the phone with the supervisor of the plant and he told her from what they understood some radio station was broadcasting this. They didn't get their info from the water company. The water company was trying to call the radio station to tell them to stop putting that out.

This morning you either had no water or very low water pressure. I went into town to the walmart. Someone at the walmart said it was ems that called the radio station. How can the ems know more than the water company about the water supply?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
I heard about this on the radio, was wondering why there was no thread. That is some shocking stuff, tornado's are one of those things that are so distructive yet fascinating.

Does Alabama usually have this kind of storm?

I run a weather station and am with a meteorology / chase group and I posted this warning the morning before the outbreak started.
ATS Link

Glad to see that this system is getting some attention...finally. I was concerned about southern-eastern ATS members. I noted in the thread that I had never personally seen such high CAPE values before.
I guess I posted in the wrong place.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have tons of pictures from tuscaloosa that our news crew took out there. i'd love to post them, but unfortunately, I cannot start a new thread. Not enough posts.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We know how segregated America is, why don`t you ever see Obama, or any other president, visit the black towns that have been affected by storm damage?

I only ask this because of what the world witnessed during Katrina. Rather than help the stranded and desperate residents of New Orleans, the Gov chose instead to send in blackwater.

I remember that terrible redneck woman, Blanco i think her name was, saying with pride " their guns are locked and loaded"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wanted to bump this thread. There is really not enough being said about all of the damage. The death tole is in no way finished.

We got lucky here, all of the tornado's went around our little town. Was without power for 4 days. Entire cities without power. Total shut downs all over the place.

These storms were epic!!! Recovery is going to take a long time for many towns and families. Very sad.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I just want to add that this stuff is going to only increase, it's not HAARP, or planet x, it's just mother nature at work.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this video has been posted (forgive me for not going through all the videos so far). I found this one very sobering.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I agree with you. Its just nature doing what she does. There was much warning about this storm system coming due to the different air mixtures that was going to occur from the gulf. It was like waves in the sky blowing through.

We had debris landing in our front yard and it was just falling out of the sky seemingly out of nowhere really. When we saw a 8 foot piece of sheet metal fall in our front yard we knew something wicked this way came. Went down to the river yesterday and pulled out a bunch of huge pieces of debris that was being washed up. Feeling really lucky right now.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Plan on posting many more videos and will try to edit them all into this one post.

edit on 1-5-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
These aerials are unreal-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join