It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Tornadoes Hit Alabama, Missouri, April 27, 2011 (videos)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
At least 25 deaths reported thus far, more expected.

Live, heart-breaking coverage: Here

Tuscaloosa, AL Tornado - Way Too Close - April 27, 2011

Jim Cantore in Tuscaloosa, AL - Tornado Aftermath

Nightline from ABC News: Deadly Tornadoes Slam Into Alabama

Tornado Emergency - Live Broadcast - Tuscaloosa, AL - April 27, 2011

LARGE Tornado NOW Going Through Downtown Birmingham Alabama

Tornadoes Hit Alabama and Missouri as We Speak - April 27, 2011

Tuscaloosa Super-Tornado - 2 Views Side-by-Side - April 27, 2011

Impressive and scary vids. lets hope it stops there.

edit on 28-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I heard about this on the radio, was wondering why there was no thread. That is some shocking stuff, tornado's are one of those things that are so distructive yet fascinating.

Does Alabama usually have this kind of storm?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It was unbelievable in Memphis area and surrounding counties in Arkansas and Mississippi. Flooding everywhere. Lots of evacuations. The Miss. river is still rising and more are evacuating.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
I heard about this on the radio, was wondering why there was no thread. That is some shocking stuff, tornado's are one of those things that are so distructive yet fascinating.

Does Alabama usually have this kind of storm?

Shocking and deadly. I dont know if this is normal in Alabama, but things like this never are expected.

EMA: 6 confirmed dead in Alabama storms

Link

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's not that abnormal for alabama to get tornados, but this storm system is sprouting tornados all along the storm front. even to western michigan...

detroit.cbslocal.com...

sorry, just had to throw that link in......the storm is an animal rights activist, it's just going around freeing the poor animals....must be funded by peta.
edit on 28-4-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just heard this on Radio 1, this is terrible! As i live in England, you did have any warnings about this?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
That tornado in Tuscaloosa was a mile wide. That's just insane. So far there have been over 85 people proclaimed dead.

This is really starting to get to me. All of these massive tornados are getting more and more frequent.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My heart goes out to everyone there, more frightening natural disasters. Do they know how many tornadoes there has been ?

Aslo, please forgive my lack of tornado knowledge, but being in UK I have only ever seen one and it was a tiny line on the horizon, but how do people make them selves safe when a tornado is THAT big? Do you still mostly build your houses out of wood in the US?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wish I could find some good solid news about Ringgold. A hotel collapsed there and I know they were still trying to find people.
the tweets were really scary last night.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i got a brother in the area, and im as well as my sister worried sick about him , his gf and their friends..... no word from them yet

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There is a HUGE connection here to world events.

The death tolls that are CONFIRMED have reached to almost 200 people so far and the dawn has only just now arrived.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

their ok thank god, but she also says that may is the worst month for these storms but i hope this year it turnes out to be mellow...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

The news just said if you know someone there you can't contact (IN RINGGOLD) to call the police. They are trying to pinpoint areas where people might need help and the place is a mess.

They have search and rescue with dogs on the ground and more coming in.
edit on 28-4-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Yes, but storms usually don't get this destructive on the ground and mostly hit rural areas, conditions were just right for a tornado outbreak in the south yesterday. They saw this coming almost a half a week in advance if you look around on meteorology forums, but I don't think anyone expected multiple EF4-5s in major urban areas. It has been 40 years I think since something like this happened.

I live in tornado alley and still I have never seen a tornado up close, I would have if it wasn't covered in rain. The small one that passed nearby me still created some nasty wind and looked like hell was breaking lose outside. I can't even imagine what those people experienced as a mile wide twister cruised through their city.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Just heard this on Radio 1, this is terrible! As i live in England, you did have any warnings about this?

Nothing that I have heard.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Given the ferocity of storms in April this year, anyone in the midwest and the western dixie should probably expect some very bad tornadic weather in May/June, which is historically always about twice as bad as April.

We could see some more of this, but hopefully nothing as tragic.
edit on 28-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, my aunt lost her house and car this go around. We had two of these pass right on either side of us... and I think the last F5 was in 98, but I don't remember it having so many other tornadoes around it. Gotta say the one that went through Tuscaloosa looked much worse than the '98 one (saw them both pretty close). though as far as I know they are only called it an F4 (Has to do with wind speeds I think). And yeah, these are a common enogh experience in tornado alley.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornado Didn't see this video posted yet, he gets ridiculously close.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Paz47Amor because: link

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by RUSSO

Given the ferocity of storms in April this year, anyone in the midwest and the western dixie should probably expect some very bad tornadic weather in May/June, which is historically always about twice as bad as April.

We could see some more of this, but hopefully nothing as tragic.
edit on 28-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Lets hope not.

Look at this one:

Watch tornadoes rip through Mississippi, Alabama

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I'm from Birmingham AL and right now the death toll is at 250 and rising. I think it will go up a bit more because they still have a lot of ruble to move.

<<   2  3 >>

join