It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama would be eligible to become president even if he was born in Kenya

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
There's no established definition of 'natural born citizen'.

However, it's been generally regarded that a child born to a citizen of the United States automatically makes them a citizen. If you want to argue founding father's meanings consider the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1790; "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond the sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States."

The wording was changed just 5 years later to read, "the children of citizens of the United States born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, shall be considered as citizens of the United States."

So until congress enacts a law to specifically define what 'natural born citizen' means, Obama could have been born anywhere but the United States so long as his mother was an American citizen.

This won't kill the influx of birther threads, but maybe some of you can get over it already.




posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by links234
 


Well said my friend,

So many people get wrapped up in constitutional matters, at the end of the day does it really matter, seriously.
I think he is outstandingly better than the last one.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
He needs 2 US born parents and needs to be in the US for a certain number of years.
The fact that he did not show a birth certificate in 2008 means that he missed out a major part of the job application,therefore,should not of been in the run in for presidency.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
reply to post by links234
 


Well said my friend,

So many people get wrapped up in constitutional matters, at the end of the day does it really matter, seriously.
I think he is outstandingly better than the last one.


I mattered to those that fought and died for those constitutional matters. And it matters to me.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
There's no established definition of 'natural born citizen'.

However, it's been generally regarded that a child born to a citizen of the United States automatically makes them a citizen. If you want to argue founding father's meanings consider the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1790; "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond the sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States."

The wording was changed just 5 years later to read, "the children of citizens of the United States born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, shall be considered as citizens of the United States."

So until congress enacts a law to specifically define what 'natural born citizen' means, Obama could have been born anywhere but the United States so long as his mother was an American citizen.

This won't kill the influx of birther threads, but maybe some of you can get over it already.


All that is totally irrelevant. You miss the point entirely. The Indonesian school registration form that was discovered a few years ago indicates beyond doubt that Obama had acquired Indonesian nationality, which means that he gave up his former nationality (British or American) when he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro because Indonesia did not allow dual citizenship then. He must have become a naturalized American when he studied in America. This means that he was NOT a natural-born American, just a naturalized American. A person who becomes a U.S. citizen through naturalization is not considered a natural born citizen and cannot become president. That is the current law. As Obama MUST have undergone naturalization because he had become Indonesian, he was ineligible to become president.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


I completely understand what you are saying. You are proud to uphold the constitutionality of your forefathers and country , and I'm assuming that you have served your country with honour. I'm not disrespecting what you said last statement.

All I'm saying is, The current president of the USA regardless of what country he was or is not born in, in reality does not mean sh88 if he can lead, then so be it, and if he cannot he will be either sacked or not re- elected.

Many senior leaders in the USA would of known Obama to be, or not to of been an American citizen way before this conspiratorial debacle.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


All I'm saying is, The current president of the USA regardless of what country he was or is not born in, in reality does not mean sh88 if he can lead, then so be it, and if he cannot he will be either sacked or not re- elected.

Many senior leaders in the USA would of known Obama to be, or not to of been an American citizen way before this conspiratorial debacle.


I understand Mao, Hitler and Mussolini were considered great leaders. Based on your methodology, they should be able to run our country. Its thinking like this that makes the future of our country bleak. It’s unfortunate that so many in my family and other Americans died to defend your right to give our country away.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideAwakeNow
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


I completely understand what you are saying. You are proud to uphold the constitutionality of your forefathers and country , and I'm assuming that you have served your country with honour. I'm not disrespecting what you said last statement.

All I'm saying is, The current president of the USA regardless of what country he was or is not born in, in reality does not mean sh88 if he can lead, then so be it, and if he cannot he will be either sacked or not re- elected.

Many senior leaders in the USA would of known Obama to be, or not to of been an American citizen way before this conspiratorial debacle.

Ok. Then prove that you mean what you just said and edit out what you are backtracking about on "constitutional matters". You are making no sense. The rules are that a person has to be born in the U.S.A to be president. There isn't any speculating that "somebody would've known before he was elected" this world is a backwards, twisted reality so frankly, anything is possible. To tell you the truth, I am ashamed of my president and my government for selling us down the river on a great swindle, and I can care less who this guy is reading these teleprompters. I am fed up. At the same time, I will kill and die for what is right. And that is protecting my family from people who want to physically harm us and what my bloodline and I have fought for. When you attack the basic foundation of that, I will say something. It is not personal. I do not hate you. I am just standing my ground by adding a bit of my perspective and I thank you for your respect. Constitutional matters mean everything to me, and if you are an American, they should mean something to you. The senior leaders as of now, are the problem. So F&^K who they are and where they are from. It is OUR turn.
Sorry, I just noticed that you are from Australia. Excuse my rant. I've always had nothing but fun with Aussie's.
Great people.
edit on 28-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here's the deal:

1. What are the qualifications to be president? How old must you be? [eligibility, requirements, minimum age]
Reply: It is found in the Constitution of the United States, Article II, Section 1, Clause 5:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
So, if the document is real then he's a citizen. If the people listed on the document as mother and father are fake, then he's a fake. The actual geographic location of his birth is inconsequential. And even if he isn't a citizen? to bad, he's already the president! So it doesn't really matter anymore does it? Apparently the DNC was satisfied with his credentials, at least the insignificant ones like were he was born as opposed to if he's qualified or not. He's not, but if you've not figured that out yet, oh well, too bad, welcome to politics USA!



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join