It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Animals 'Pets' Deemed 'Insulting'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
these organizations and others like peta are furthering the illuminati's agenda to get people to have more compassion and love in an animal instead of people. the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches.

a dog locked in a car gets more sympathy in america, than an african child with flies in his food. so it must be working.

this next step is allowing a person to legally marry an animal. which would be just a covert cover to condone unnatural acts between man and an animal.

which i'm sure the illuminati make women practice in their massive sex orgies.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I don't call my dog a "pet" she's my companion or furbaby.

I don't call my dogs any of those things. I call them my dogs. PETA is after me for it, though.

In order to own someone, any entity you must first declare them a "thing".

That's semantics. In one aspect, I do own my dogs because I paid for them, but in another, I don't "own" my dogs any more than they "own" me. We live together.

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Anyways, I'm off to walk my pet.

Yikes! Don't say that! It's not politically correct. You're off to accompany your companion animal on a stroll.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I had a friend who named his puppy "Monster". It was a cute and nice puppy. The vet guilted them into changing the name because she thought it was negative. I thought it was a bit much because everyone used a positive inflection when calling the puppie's name.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh these responses made me LOL.

I just asked Vanna if she'd rather be called a companion, but then I flicked her on the behind for trying to lick out of my coffee and said "get away from my cup you turd"

So...I guess we'll finish the discussion later. Right now I have her little coat on, we're under a tornado watch (NC) and I want to be ready. She may be made of pure terror but she still weighs only 3.5 lbs and gets cold easy

Btw, I registered her with CKC as a purebred black and tan bitch. Unaltered to date. Yes, she is a bitch. That word was around BEFORE it became a term for derogatory use. Male dogs are called studs, too, which was around long before it was used by some douche in a tank top. I have no qualms about calling her by the correct name. She is my pet, and I am her owner

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Anyways, I'm off to walk my pet.

Yikes! Don't say that! It's not politically correct. You're off to accompany your companion animal on a stroll.

Omg these responses are making me laugh so hard.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What if I have turkeys and my kid sees them as pets but then when christmas time comes I have to go and kill it, what will I say to my kid "let's snap your companions neck?"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So...... we've ran out of things to make a fuss about. Pets are to be called companions? Wild animals are now free-living?

Let me be the first to say I WILL SUPPORT THIS if they can prove that the animals are offended

Thundersmurf...
Peace™

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If that's the way you believe, that's fine. Don't have them. But I don't suggest you try to take my dogs from me. Someone will get badly hurt.

If your dogs are like mine, they will be doing the hurting, too. LOL, sasha thinks she is soooooo fierce!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I hate that people say their animal friends are part of the family, but they are treated like slaves and I don't like the term pets. it sounds like they are something for your use, to sooth you when you feel like petting them.

People take flying creatures and deprive them of their wonderful talent cut a wing and or cage them..."because they are my pet". they don't care that hundreds of them died on their way to the "pet Market" and they are social creature who choose their own mates for life...no they should be happy after all you feed them and "pet them" don't you!

Then they dare to say they are like a child to them! Would you do that to your child, cut their legs or arms so they have to stay with you whether they like it or not and say it is for their own good?
People are either liers or don't know a thing about loving and what it means to be family.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As soon as my dog learns how to pick up his own crap and put it in a bag when I walk him around the block Ill stop calling him a pet and bump him up to companion, I promise.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You seem angry. You should get a puppy.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

that puppy in your avi looks like my Lillie. Rat Terrier - Chihuahua mix?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is my buddy Tyson... He is a very civilized individual, likes to eat only during the time our family eats, and ofcourse will only have what we are having, he even uses his feet as "hands". He has self awareness, recognition of certain individuals, he only likes certain newbies to our home, and a good vocabulary of english and urdu words... He is bilingual,
nontheless, he is still a pet.

Really, Animals are subject to being called pets, well they are, pet in my opinion is just the basic term that the person has responsibility over him/her, which is completely fine.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Daniyal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Good post!

They really don't care what you call them as long as you take good care of them, give them love and don't abandon them.

Before any of you take your dog or cat to a kill shelter Google "dogs being gassed".

No, they don't use the needle like everyone wants to think, it's to expensive. Throwing a bunch of them in a sealed box and gassing them for a couple minutes while they cry and scream is much cheaper.

Yep, sorry to bust any of your little dreams but we're killing 8 -10 million companion animals a year while we are still breeding and supporting pet shops (and puppy mills).

Please adopt and boycott petshops and puppy mills.

You can find a purebred if you've got to have a rooty tooty dog, but our farm dog, Sugar was a mutt and she had no health problems, was smart and lived to a ripe old age.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
over half of these responses had me laughing hard...I dont have a PET yet, but I am working on getting a Golden Retriever thru the Local Golden Rescue or Pets for Patriots

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Vanna

that puppy in your avi looks like my Lillie. Rat Terrier - Chihuahua mix?

Shes actually full chihuahua, her ears just stayed flopped for a fairly long time! I have had a lot of people think she was a mix you mentioned, or a min-pin! i told her she better perk 'em up or she'll give her mama a bad reputation of not knowing who the daddy is

Shes quite a bit bigger/ older now. Shes now 4 months, avatar pic she is about 8-10 weeks!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I hate that people say their animal friends are part of the family, but they are treated like slaves

You do know that a slave actually works and it's without compensation, right? My dogs don't have to work. They sleep, play, eat and poop and they hang out with me and get belly rubs and such. And for their "work", they are richly compensated with top quality meals and care, not to mention an extremely comfortable lifestyle, including the choice to go inside or out. They also have 4 fenced acres where I take them to play twice a day. If anything, I work for THEM!

I don't like the term pets. it sounds like they are something for your use, to sooth you when you feel like petting them.

They ARE. But that is not their only use. I use them for companionship, comedic relief and to help me get exercise. They also use me. It's a relationship. We both give and take.

Then they dare to say they are like a child to them!

I don't have human children. My dogs ARE like my children.

Would you do that to your child, cut their legs or arms so they have to stay with you whether they like it or not and say it is for their own good?

Heard of baby gates? Doors? Cribs? Aren't they just a way to make your human child stay with you whether they like it or not? For their own good? Or do you let your children run out the door and down the street without a care? Look, if I had kids, I'd do what I needed to do to keep them with me and SAFE. I do the same for my dogs. It's called fences.

People are either liers or don't know a thing about loving and what it means to be family.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Where in NC are ya?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hubs is stationed at the #1 most populated army installation in the US of A. We just got here less than a month ago, got to experience tornadoes

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reply to Acrux,
I presume that when you said "Can't say Fido liking his balls" you meant "licking" as far as that goes then, in terms of refinement and civilised, dogs are away ahead of us, since they can do just that! anyway on a "higher" intellectual scale I have to agree with Anok's posts, it will be something for newer generations to er, chew on on.
edit on 28-4-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join