It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - uniting people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Do you think I care about this thread?

You have done nothing but bring negatives into what I was trying to make positive.

I was trying to revive something that humanity has forgotten - something to look foward to.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Its the ROYAL wedding though! they do absolutely nothing for Britain and the world yet when one of them gets married,Britain and the rest of the world go crazy for it......why?

We might as well go and watch a random couple get married for all this Royal wedding is worth.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Funny how most of the world will be watching the wedding.
'

I agree advertising is truly a evil thing.

link   
And worshiping the golden calf also seemed like a joyous unification of people. That doesn't make it right. You see, some of the worst people in the world will hide behind the most "beautiful" and "wondrous" of earthly titles and things. Don't be fooled. They are no greater than you or I; for only mankind seeks to segregate mankind, to create a hierarchy, to make slaves and "royals." And so they will feed off your "joy" and grow stronger as people elevate them with praise. They appear deified because so many believe they are higher and greater than the rest of the world. And people are hypocrites because it's they themselves that have elevated the ones that oppress them, and those same people cry havoc over the poverty they have become, but are too blind to see that they let it happen. Will you still sit there now and meditate on them, knowing this? Stop shaking your head, particular reader. We are all born equal, but the equality is stripped from those that allow the world to enslave them. Will you lay in the earth as a human being, or as a royal or a slave? Or as a rich person or a poor person? What are those titles but earthly bonds? You are a slave if you accept them, and that's exactly what they want from you.

link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by mars1

They are paying for it.

They are??? With what money??? Do they all have 9 - 5 jobs??? Damn! I didn't know that!!!

OPEN YOUR EYES!!! They pay for EVERYTHING they use with the TAXES they charge US!!!

I'm sure this is Prince William who has started this Thread! He wants more people to like him!!!
edit on 28/4/11 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/4/11 by faryjay because: Added Sarcastic Laugh!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong Im not having a go at you it's your thread (Royal Wedding - uniting people) it's NOT uniting anyone.
We are all suffering with cuts everywhere so what do they do hey lets have a big ass wedding the sheeple will rejoice

Like pandapowerjamie said on page one were do you think they get there money from THE TAX PAYER.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I've seen a few people with this 'if you aren't happy about it you're a miserable sod with no life and should cheer up' line.. It's nonsense. I'm perfectly happy, I have plenty of occasions to celebrate and be happy with people I know and love. Clearly this happy couple don't fall into that catagory, unless Royal Mail has lost my invite in the post. I'm not in the habit of celebrating strangers weddings.

And that's before we even get started on the whole 'royalty' thing. That's such a bizzare concept it doesn't even bare thinking about!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Its the ROYAL wedding though! they do absolutely nothing for Britain and the world yet when one of them gets married,Britain and the rest of the world go crazy for it......why?

We might as well go and watch a random couple get married for all this Royal wedding is worth.

People like weddings , weddings are generally happy occasions and this one is special because it involves, in the natural course of events, a future King and Queen of England. Accordingly it will be celebrated with pomp and circumstance. Millions will love it and you can mumble " bah humbug " all you want but the streets of London will be filled with cheering people tomorrow.

So far as the monarchy not doing anything for the UK is concerned; have you really thought about that ? The Queen has been our head of state for the best part of 60 years and she and her husband are still working in their eighties !

Her position as head of state is an important consitutional safeguard. The armed forces owe allegiance to her in the first instance and not the Prime Minister. Justice is administered in her name and not the government. These things could be important as regards freedom.

And, on a more mundane economic note, how many euros, dollars, yen etc does the royal family bring in each year. Been to Buckingham Palace at the changing of the guard recently ? Seen any tourists ?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Must admit though, I watched the wedding. Decided that it would be a historic moment and enjoyed the event. I was getting a bit worried there at the happiness of the presenters, maybe theyre being a bit careless thinking nothings going to go wrong, but indeed nothing really did go wrong and it was great.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Great post!
I see a lot of people moaning about the royal wedding saying that its an archaic ritual etc etc

I think haters will find that Will and Kate would have rather had a small private wedding. They don't really care about the whole labelling of themselves and are very down to earth. It's not like they are horrible people its just that they are just surrounded in tradition. People act like it's their fault.

Moreover I truely HATE the idea that the only way to become someone that isn't a 'sheep of the establishment' is to DISPISE everything.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's a good thing that the wedding may unite people, even if just for a day. It's a bad thing it takes 100s of millions of pounds and 'royalty' to get people to just chill out for once.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Look sorry for being brash about this but I'm totally fed up with people saying this...

You sir are terribly ignorant if you don't think the royalty do anything for this country. They have very important ambassadorial roles and are fantastic for trade links and relations with other countries.

Please don't comment unless you know what you are talking about, it makes you look stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join