It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Reasonable To Ignore the Design of This ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Perspective Of Our Observable Universe

The question is did all these galaxies and super clusters of galaxies just form up on there own accord or was some kind of design required to start them off, mathematical and cosmic rules so they could keep perpetuating themselves from comic dust and matter that never existed before.

Now if it was possible to populate just one entire galaxy this is how it might look, remember this is just one Galaxy out of at least 170 billion.

Fictious populated Galaxy
This is for Madness who I know will be commenting on this thread.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I think the most important thing to remember when speculating on these kinds of questions is that we are in no position to think we are even close to being right, yet anyway. Some of our theories might be spot on, but we really are incapable of demonstrating hard evidence for questions like these.

I think their could be infinite possibilities all with their slight variations. Some could involve the traditional Christian god, perhaps some involve budhist thoughts, or maybe concepts we have never imagined before.

I think it is safe to assume that if their is some sort of "creator" it would not be recognizable by us at all, and I can't imagine it having any kind of character. I don't think reality has to be dependent on this "creator" idea, I think everything could be quite spontaneous.

Just because everything we see around us was spontaneous does not mean their isn't some sort of incredible comprehensive system at work. I think the fundamentality of math suggests some sort of incredible inherent system at work.

Of course none of this can really be verified for now. Anyway, it is still fun to speculate.

Edit:

To address "Is it reasonable to ignore the design of this?" -

I think is unreasonable to ignore the fact that it is there. I think it is unreasonable to think that we understand it in its entirety, so far anyway.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Mind Boggling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Void is Mind itself & Mind itself is Void.

Everything you see is an illusion & nothing. The observable Universe is only observable because you're trapped in this material plane. If you close your eyes, that is where we really are. Nothingness.

The Universe is all an illusion, created by a troubled mind. I know, why am I still here if I'm so enlightened by the Buddhist philosophy? Because I kind of like this physical world. *ends comment, contributing nothing to the subject* lol

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
My belief is there must be a God, a creator... a grand catalyst so to speak. For the Big Bang to have happened, first matter/energy had to have been brought into existence, then there must have been some sort of force to cause it to expand/explode.

Current science would have us believe that the Big Bang simply occurred out of nowhere for no particular reason and gave rise to such perfect order out of sheer, mind-blowing chaos that a miraculous thing like life could appear... but in my mind, no matter what anyone says, 0+0 ≠ 1(1 being the universe) and there's simply no way around that. "Nothing" has NEVER produced a "something". If 0+0 is capable of producing a 1, we should see things spontaneously popping into existence now but we don't. Believing this theory, you end up in an endless and ridiculous cycle of "what came before that"...what came before the big bang? and before that? and before that? and before that?... The only sensible explanation (as nonsensical as it seems) is that there is some form of intelligence far beyond anything we'll ever be able to understand in our Earthly limits that initiated what we observe as the remnants of the Big Bang and that this is all part of a grand design that we're a part of but not in on. I will never buy into the notion that spontaneously, a total and complete "nothing" suddenly turned into a "something" for no reason at all and organized itself to everything we have now.

The problem is we arrogantly believe that nothing can be greater than us or beyond our comprehension, yet we don't even understand with any certainty where our moon, the closest thing to us, came from. We don't even fully understand our own planet yet somehow, people think they can boldly state "There is no God." That's silly.

Consider all of the astronomical coincidences that allow life to be here on Earth. Consider how complex even the most basic lifeforms on Earth are.

Anyway that's my beliefs, I have no proof, just my reasoning.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette
Void is Mind itself & Mind itself is Void.

Everything you see is an illusion & nothing. The observable Universe is only observable because you're trapped in this material plane. If you close your eyes, that is where we really are. Nothingness.

The Universe is all an illusion, created by a troubled mind. I know, why am I still here if I'm so enlightened by the Buddhist philosophy? Because I kind of like this physical world. *ends comment, contributing nothing to the subject* lol

Funny, blind people seem to occupy the same universe we live in. That explains why they believe that there is nothing around them, because they have not seen what we see- er, wait...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Your sarcasm has been disregarded. :|

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

"Science would have us believe in the Big Bang Theory"

The Big Bang theory is just a theory that can be accepted or rejected like every other theory. There are countless theories attempting to explain existence as we know it. The idea that "science would have you believe" anything is just ridiculous.

Edit: Also it is kind of funny how you bash the ignorance of mankind for claiming there is no god, yet you seem to be perfectly fine with claiming there is one in the beginning of your post.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

the internet is a wonderful thing with all of the world's information at your fingertips.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

except the big bang theory is fact because of background radiation
wiki

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Okay, that may be but who are we to say that we understand the Big Bang in its entirety?

I am in no position to argue the Big Bang theory, i have no training. However, I still feel confident enough to think that it is possible that the theory could make slight adjustments in light of new technological advancements in the future and what not. As almost any theory I am aware of would.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
reply to post by Watts

The Big Bang theory is just a theory that can be accepted or rejected like every other theory. There are countless theories attempting to explain existence as we know it. The idea that "science would have you believe" anything is just ridiculous.

There are some fantastic documentaries relating to this. You are correct, big bang theory is exactly that. There are some really wild theories out there with some difficult maths to disprove, and of course in the process of doing so many more may appear. I love science.

If you are interested this site contains alot of great documentaries on things such as this and others. www.geek-documentaries.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Looks like some cool stuff on that website.

Thanks for posting the link

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Watts

Edit: Also it is kind of funny how you bash the ignorance of mankind for claiming there is no god, yet you seem to be perfectly fine with claiming there is one in the beginning of your post.

Actually my post started off quite specifically with "My belief"... so yea thanks. Sorry I even bothered to contribute to your thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

So are you claiming there is a god or not

The "My belief is that there must be a creator" is throwing me off.

Or are you saying that you don't claim there is a god, but you do believe in one?

Sorry, did not mean to offend. Also not my thread

Perhaps we have a different understanding of what it means to believe in something.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

reply to post by Watts

There are some fantastic documentaries relating to this. You are correct, big bang theory is exactly that. There are some really wild theories out there with some difficult maths to disprove, and of course in the process of doing so many more may appear. I love science.

If you are interested this site contains alot of great documentaries on things such as this and others. www.geek-documentaries.com...

Your reply is much more appreciated but I already see where this thread is headed in regards to unnecessary aggression. Good night all.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

just defending science, if were gonna talk big bang i think we should do it properly.

it's a very exciting time for us, were looking forward to time travel, space travel, the LHC is up and running, supercomputers... the only thing that could hold us back is our own ignorance.

to stay on topic, op, i do believe we are a coincidence, that makes us that much special. forget gods, you are here by chance and we may never encounter other life, but you are here so consider yourself lucky, just like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by topherman420

Looks like some cool stuff on that website.

Thanks for posting the link

No problem. I watched alot of theses and I realized that scientists put alot into their work over and idea to prove it. They put their reputation on the line when certain numbers don't line up or certain experiments are unable to produce results.
It also shows alot of out their thinking, and how they can make math explain it.

In regards to the OP. While I personally, disagree with the creator aspect, as I don't personally share that belief in a divine being (even though I ideally think that it hasnt been proved one way OR the other) your thinking of this universe is very intersting and goes over a few theories like other dimensions coexisting simutanously with ours, it reminds me of doughnut universe theories, as well as one that was called the wobble (?) universe (to that extent).
Your thinking reminds me of how Stephen Hawking has to do his theories without physically testing them as he goes along. He learned to visualize his theories and the physics with them and have an assistant physically work out the math. One hell of a tedious task but ingenious and effective none the less. Creative thinking never hurts.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Whether it's the largest supercluster Galaxies in the universe or the smallest Quark in a Atom there seems to be design from the largest to the smallest. It we can't deny this aspect, but what is up for much debate is the who part?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

*ahem*
Gravity.

That's all you need. Not a single designer required.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join