It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens were real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Don't you think we wouldve made contact by now?Ive been a beleiver ever since i witnessed the phoenix lights back in 98 but after 12 years full of hoaxes,lies, and fairy tales ive just about run out of patience.I find that its HIGHLY possible that we ARE alone,at least in our solar system...and as much we would all love to beleive that aliens possess some sort of super advanced technology that could allow them to travel many many lightyears in a single lifetime,well in reality its just not very credible..One could say that theres more than enough ufo phenomena worldwide to support the idea of ETs,but thats just it,all there is is UFOs,unidentified objects..No physical proof,no credible proof,no credible testimony...Ive always loved the idea of ETs and UFOs but enough is enough,No proof,No beleif..Anyone else feel the same?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If they are trying to reveal themselves, they're doing a very bad job.
If they are trying to stay hidden, they're doing a very bad job.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Very well put my friend..They Might be right in front of us just as much as they might not be..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
They could just be somewhat more advanced. They can only come here at certain times. Like maybe they have to have a straight line from there to here open to shoot across, because they are going so fast they can't navigate. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Lately I'm starting to think the same things. I have yet to see any truly credible evidence of ET visitations. I believe that UFO's are very real(I'm also a UFO eyewitness) but nothing concrete to indicate that any of them are piloted by ET's. It's entirely possible that they are all secret military technology piloted exclusively by human beings. While I find it highly unlikely that aliens simply don't exist, I have yet to see any indication that they are visiting Earth.

I do think there is evidence that we were visited in ancient times. There's quite a few examples of ancient art that seems to depict humanoid entities wearing space suits, alien creatures, and one rather famous image of what appears to be human seated inside a cockpit complete with instruments. So, based on things like that I think it's likely we were visited in times past. Though, as I said before, I don't think there's solid evidence to indicate that it is happening in current times. I don't think the possibility should be ruled out, but that one should at least consider the possibilty that UFO's aren't piloted by visitors from outer space.

edit on 28-4-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zyrna539

Here in southern AZ ive seen my fair share of objects i just couldnt identify,I live in a city surrounded by 5+ military bases all within 250 miles..I think its more than just coincidence that the strange craft ive seen seem to be heading to and from these bases MOST of the time,Ive also got a buddy who is contracted by a local AFB to dismantle military craft and the things i hear are pretty extraordinary but never has he mentioned ufos,we talk about ufos but he tells me hes never seen anything otherwordly at any base..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be like trying to shoot the breeze with a bug?

Besides, if they did come down the (some) of the religious population would scream devil others would deny what they are seeing, and still others would worship them.

Would you really want to come down and talk to us?

People will kill you for five bucks, Imagen what they would do for my ray-gun.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
First off, we have made contact, just not on a massive level. 2nd, I think they are just observing us. When we observe animals in the wild do we try and make our presence known? No. And when we experiment on them and test them, we usually tranquilize them, then the next thing they know is they wake up kinda woozy in their originial habitat not knowing exactly what happened. Sound a bit like abductions?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anydaynow18

I understand how its so easy for you to say they exist,your belief is only based on the fact that its impossible to prove they dont exist with todays technology...Ido beleive that other races exist around other stars but to think that they can travel millions of lightyears to observe us and millions of lightyears to share their studies with their home planet all in one lifetime seems a bit far-fetched...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I actually in some ways believe that we have not advanced enough to reaslise how close we are to knowing the truth about ET's, UFO's, whatever you want to call them. It could be something quite simple that we haven't yet brought it to the fore. Obviously I have no idea what this could be, but something that will dawn upon us one day and wonder why the hell we never thought of it before. Hypothetically, It could be something as simple as placing a pencil upon the top of a table.

We probably encounter beings in our world on a daily basis, but we have no idea about what we are seeing and how to communicate with them. It could be anyone of us who may one day suddenly have the light bulb go off within us and have the understanding to what the missing piece of the puzzle is. It may not be the bright and intellectual scientific person you expect it to be to find the answer, it could be the weird guy who you see every day at the mall who pushes a shopping trolley around the car park shouting and swearing at passers by.

It could be you................................

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If you feel there is no proof, you need to do more research. No credible witnesses? Are you kidding? How credible do you want? The Pope? They have airline pilots, law enforcement, even government officials who have made reports. There is some excellent photos and footage - just because you choose not to believe in them, doesn't negate them.

There are excellent cases as well. Keep in mind - there only needs to be one proven case for it to be a reality. You are saying ZERO cases are true. ALL photos, all stories, all witnesses were all lying or wrong. You can believe that if you want - I do not.

As far as why they would not contact us, I can think of many reasons. Do we try to communicate with ants? Try to get involved in ant politics, and help them build better colonies? No? We could well be like ants to an advanced civilization. Life could also be as common as dirt - we are nothing special. Or perhaps it as we have seen on Star Trek - humans have already thought of this while making fiction - that we would have a policy of non-interference in dealing with alien species. If they are benevolent, perhaps it is their policy that dictates they do not alter the natural flow of human events. They only come in contact with us, once we are able to come in contact with them of our own accord. Or perhaps it's an alien religious belief. There could be dozens of reasons we are not even thinking of.

I don't know why people get so up in arms about things like: lights on UFO (omg, they can travel light years, but need LIGHTS? - answer: of course, once we become more advanced, are we suddenly not going to need lights any longer?) - or stuff like communication. They may have very good reasons to not chat with us. That imo, proves nothing.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think that they want us to believe in them without fully knowing that they are real... some kind of expieriement maybe?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Maze...,No proof,No beleif..Anyone else feel the same?

No. Absence of proof (evidence) does not equal evidence of absence.

What one may interpret as proof is subjective (see other responses, above). For some, "proof" already exists in the myriad conspicuous and obscure (some clandestine) reports that have been amassing over decades, if not centuries. For others, such as yourself perhaps, "proof" will only occur when an alien rings your doorbell and points a "ray gun" ...at your dog - or maybe just asks for a drink of ammonia ...for his dog? (a tongue-in-cheek version of the ET landing on the White House lawn scenario).

You can not escape the zero-sum-game of this proof/not-enough-proof corollary. As Einstein might say, "it's an intriguing thought-experiment". But at this point that is all it is.

Until they make themselves know in a bold, conspicuous, unambiguous, universally-accepted way, there will always be the continuous (and yes, tiresome) mutually exclusive debate of "real/not-real".

Pick a side if you must. Or join the many of us still sitting on the fence and waiting for the irrefutable empirical evidence for something we suspect is genuine but have yet to experience it to our own satisfaction. That choice is yours...

In the meantime, take care of the Earth, be kind to others. My own belief is that we must "earn" an audience with them - and so far humanity has failed every test.
edit on 4/28/2011 by Outrageo because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Cant wait til ive finished my first 20 replies and im able to post my own thread!

Hopefully I'll provide the evidence you're looking for!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that, maybe we have already made contact? I don't know if you have ever heard of or seen them, but there are some very old paintings and drawings which have UFOs and Alien like beings portrayed in them, and I mean old as when the pyramids were built.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliciaJacob
Cant wait til ive finished my first 20 replies and im able to post my own thread!

Hopefully I'll provide the evidence you're looking for!

Post it here please!!!

As I found out EVERYTHING is up for debate.

Originally posted by Gabriell
Have you ever thought that, maybe we have already made contact? I don't know if you have ever heard of or seen them, but there are some very old paintings and drawings which have UFOs and Alien like beings portrayed in them, and I mean old as when the pyramids were built.

Yep
, Read the Bible also, some parts sound interesting!!!

edit on 28-4-2011 by Tygart because: Typo

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mental Maze

Here's what I want you to do. Set your table for a nice lobster dinner. Don't buy the lobster, but rather leave your front door open and wait for a lobster to come through it and climb onto your plate.

Now, when that lobster doesn't show up, does this mean that lobsters don't exist? No, of course not. It just means that lobsters have their own agenda, and that your agenda isn't important to them.

I think you get the point.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Those are credible witnessess,but, none of them speak of seeing actual ETs,only strange unknown craft and lights in the sky..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gabriell

my son draws strange creatures and buildings and other outrageous crap all the time,doesnt hes ever seen any of it in person..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Have faith brother. You want an answer? Call out to ET within yourself. If they "sense" you, you may be able to "sense" them. Trust me, when that happens, it's all the proof you need.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join