It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was a small kid in school and didnt grow until I was 16. I changed schools a lot and I was also bullied a lot up until the point I got bigger of course. Bullying teaches you an important lesson early on in life. If people sense weakness, they will mark you as prey. This doesn't really change in adult life. It teaches you that people truly are...well...disgusting. I don't know what kind of a mindset you must have to feel good, when in a group and not only rejecting/ignoring one specific person for no apparant reason, but also dumping on the person aswell. How this makes you feel better I will never understand. I mean...you actually have to put energy in this sort of thing. One school/experience sticks out to me though where I wasn't even the prime target of bullying, but a buddy of mine.
The guy had a sun allergy so the skin on his face was blistered and everybody avoided him like he had the plague. Literally. The girls found him eeeewwww and didn't talk to him and the boys teased him just because of that. What was noteworthy though is that he didnt get mad. He just accepted it. Although he was of considerable size, he always just laughed uncomfortably and looked to the ground. Didn't even say anything back. If I would've been in his position I would've just smashed one bully's head in, so they'll leave me alone. But he...not a single mean bone in his body. We became friends and he was a completely normal, cool guy. I got to know him better...he was the youngest of 3 brothers. They also treated him like dirt + his dad was an aggressive guy who beat them...and yet. The kid didnt bully anybody else or got mad when he was bullied, didn't act out, nothing. Maybe because he was so used to it I don't know. But to see him get treated like that in school on top of that just for a skin disease he didn't even have any control over by all these cowards was infuriating.
This doesn't really change in adult life. It gets more " sophisticated ", or the exact opposite but it's basically the same thing. Hurting someone weaker than you. Exerting power over him.
Many, many, many people on this planet need a baseball bat right to their freaking head.
edit on 28-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't think a baseball bat is the solution. There are a lot of bullies in the world. There are a lot of people getting bullied in the world. The majority of the people are neither, they are the by standards. I think they are the solution to the problem. If people would just not tolerate bulling, and teach their children to not just stand by and watch, the majority of bulling would be taken care of.
edit on 28-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

join