It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we move before we become part of China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So my 9 year old son asked me this yesterday. Should we move before we become part of China?
It seemed to come out of nowhere as he doesn't really follow the news. I wouldn't put it past the politicians to sell us out if they are planning to abandon this country. It sure doesn't seem like they have any real intent towards making it better.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 28-4-2011 by supergod because: because i can

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
even if the elites sold us out to china, it would never take

IMO, we would fight tooth and nail to remain .........whatever it is we are........crap, just got lost in thought.........not

sure what the heck we are anymore...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that he is fairly sensitive to energies and will sometimes see other beings.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My mother has always said that the US would be taken over by China. She assumed it would be in a war scenario, I think, but I always thought it was rubbish. I left the States 25 years ago because I could see things coming. I haven't been back there in 16 years.

Your poor son. It's difficult to leave the States because immigration policies are generally reciprocal, so you have few options, if any at all depending on your particular circumstances.

Have you asked him in a "by the by" conversational tone as to what makes him think China will take over? My daughter is clairvoyant, and I never really believed in such things when she was small (I do now though) and she used to tell me some quite amazing things. Since you accept that he has sensitivities, you can perhaps help him find out with whom it is he's communicating. There will be many.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I bet your son saw this commercial.

creepy

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I for one, welcome our new overlords.

Had to be said.

IMHO. Thats just the way the world is. Adapt to it or not. I know 2 people who have thier todlers in chinese Immersion classes. You adapt to the sitch or you dont. Thats how it works.

Edit: Thats the beauty of humans. Our ability to adapt to every situation mother nature, and life can throw at us. If you find the need to try and fight against the winds of human nature, you will most likely find your self on the wrong side.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OP

Maybe you should restrict your child's viewing to programmes which are deemed suitable for children, first of all

After all, childhood's short. It should be a pleasant experience. Plenty of time for him later to worry about the continuing problems of the world

Then, when he's old enough, maybe you should tell him a little about the concept of karma. Or boomerangs

Explain to him that for a long time now, the US has profited from instigating wars

and from selling arms to both sides

Tell him that ' what goes around comes around '

Tell him that unfortunately, his parents' and grandparents' generations and those before them

killed people OVERSEAS

and profited from the WAR INDUSTRY

Tell him that fortunately for them, his grandparents and great grandparents and those before them -- are dead. They did the killing. And then they returned to the US with their kitbags filled with loot plundered from those they'd invaded, maimed, orphaned and murdered

Now, unfortunately for your son's generation and those to follow him

it's time for the US to pay

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Wow thats the most undereducated anti-US rant I have heard in a long time.The profiteer's of war are multinational do some research.The OP never stated he/she let her children watch tv at all, let alone "unsuitable" programming.I can imagine why you hate america but my real question is.......WHYUSOMADBRO?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
He watches children shows when he does watch TV but he has more of an interest in other things like elevators, locks, taking things apart, building his own solar powered tree house, etc than being entertained.

I have no intention of making him feel guilty for the actions of people he's not responsible for. I do agree that what the military / corporations of the US have done is wrong but they NEVER seem to be the ones that suffer for it.

Changes seem to be coming to the world regardless and China overtaking the US is within the realm of possibility yet it is not a future I would embrace.
edit on 28-4-2011 by starshift because: word change

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
He watches children shows when he does watch TV but he has more of an interest in other things like elevators, locks, taking things apart, building his own solar powered tree house, etc than being entertained.

I have no intention of making him feel guilty for the actions of people he's not responsible for. I do agree that what the military / corporations of the US have done is wrong but they NEVER seem to be the ones that suffer for it.

Changes seem to be coming to the world regardless and China overtaking the US is within the realm of possibility yet it is not a future I would embrace.
edit on 28-4-2011 by starshift because: word change

Building his own solar powered tree house? A true child of the 21st century....

new topics

top topics

join