It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes Currently Pounding Appalachian Mountains, Virginia & West Virginia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just a thought....... If the weather is this severe now, what about hurricane season. I mean all these tornados have been aboslutly devistating but only local damage ie-in the path. But if monster hurricanes start coming one after another, then what? The entire south and east coast will be demolished! Just sayin.... this summer is looking like its gonna be one helluva ride. so sit down, buckle up and hold on tight!!!

~love and peace~

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Call me sadistic, but i smiled when i saw the destroyed BP gas station. Looks like nature got some revenge for the oil disaster

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I am sorry to admit, but it got a smile out of me, too. I mean, I feel bad for those making a living out of working there and hope people weren't hurt or killed..but the image was great.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Call me sadistic, but i smiled when i saw the destroyed BP gas station. Looks like nature got some revenge for the oil disaster

Don't worry, the irony wasn't lost on me, either.

Virginia has seen much worse destruction in its history, especially from war. A BP station being destroyed is far from a tragedy as far as I'm concerned...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I'm from the roanoke valley in va. I usuallly don't get into the chemtrail bit too much. but I believe it was wednesday morning when I got to work there was a really strange one in the sky. I ain't never seen one like it. there was the regular trail, that looked about like every other trail left from a plane. but then there were like little bars coming down it, not reallly long bars, but well they seemed to be spaced pretty evenly.
like I said, don't really get into them much, but well, that one stood out. was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything that might fit that description before....

Thank you for posting this.

This matches what someone else was describing seeing in Alabama, also within about the same distance from massive tornadoes spawning.

I don't often spend the time studying the sky that I probably should, so observations like this are always valuable to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

wouldn't remember where you saw that post, would you??
sorry, I know, one line, but I would be interested in reading it...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Sure, it's on page 5 of this thread, and here's an excerpt:

Originally posted by napayshni57
I'm in Alabama. I just got my internet service back. I want to tell you all something. I moved here 5 years ago when they were in the middle of a draught. I would set and watch the planes make lines in the sky. within 24 hours it would rain. I noticed last year (the draught is over) you would still see them doing it and wondered why because we had plenty of rain the ground was soaked. I noticed a couple of weeks ago the planes in the sky again making the lines. I thought why do they want to make it rain we've had plenty of rain. We got rain but further south they had at that time what they called the worst outbreak of tornados in decades. This was around the 15th of april.

Yesterday morning we had a heck of a storm then the skies cleared up. The power was taken out by the storms so I told my son we would go into town for breakfast. I looked up at the sky as we were getting into the sky and saw the planes making lines again. I said why in the heck are they doing that. The last time they did that tornadoes broke out all over the place. On Tuesday you could feel something in the air that made you knew something bad was coming. Another person at work made the same comment so you could feel something wicked was coming this way. So why were they adding fuel to the fire?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

That's odd. I was saddened when I seen the destroyed BP gas station because I know people just lost their jobs in a very bad economy. BP can always pick up and move on, the working class people can't do that.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Actually the clean-up efforts themselves have created jobs.

Last I heard, they were still hiring people to clean up the tornado that destroyed much of Pulaski about a week ago. They're paying $9 an hour just to pick stuff up, and expect it to take until the end of the summer.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I run a weather station and am with a meteorology / chase group and I posted this the morning before the outbreak started.
ATS Link

Glad to see that this system is getting some attention...finally

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Just wondering, what do you think is in store for us in the near future?

It would be nice if you could add your thoughts here in this thread.

** Don't mean to derail the thread, just want as much collaboration as my thread can get. **

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is from a newspaper close to where I live. If you read it you'll see there was no need for them to be up there doing anything to the atomsphere.

annistonstar.com...

I'm not sure exactly how to make a link so I hope this works.

This is the title of the article just in case I didn't do it right.

Rare power: Perfect combination of ingredients led to storm's intensity

I believe it worked.
edit on 1-5-2011 by napayshni57 because: checking link

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join