It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes Currently Pounding Appalachian Mountains, Virginia & West Virginia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This is the ignorance that keeps man dying every 100 years tops.

No continuity of memory, no chance save a few 'nutjobs' to even mention openly that none of this is NORMAL.

It is not.

It is natural but soon will begin to mix with manmade, that is the plan anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I saw that phenomenon of high clouds moving in one direction and lower clouds moving in another direction yesterday, (the 27th of April) in Nashville. Fortunately for us, it did not result in a tornado. But even someone tornado naive like myself, (having spent my life in the Pacific and New Mexico) seeing that realized that that looked like it could be a bad thing.

I hope all the ATS' who were in the path of the storm last night are ok. I hope everyone is ok, but I know thats not the case.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

We had a very warm winter and spring in Tennessee

You broke down the science of how tornado's are produced and im sure alot of people are aware of this already, but this thread is about the strange weather. Take your quote for example, would you say that having those kinds of climates were weird?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Im not sure what part of what I said was ignorant. I know next to nothing about HAARP, so I dont comment on those possibilities. In general, if I dont know about something, I keep my mouth shut except to ask questions.

In this case, I do not think these storms are HAARP created or man made. Why? Because in Feb and March, a group of my neighbors and I were predicting them based on what we DO understand. Which is that very warm air and cold fronts = bad news in terms of storms.

It could be that the conditions that spawned these storms were manipulated somehow intentionally, but, I personally dont think its likely. Im open minded, however, and would change that opinion if I saw evidence that suggested otherwise.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Northern PA got hammered as well, although nowhere near as bad as the southern states. We got the massive amounts of rain from it. Thousands of trees down. Upstate NY had a few Tornado's touch down. As the storm fed to the north from the VA region, it funneled its self in a line straight up through PA/NY, dumping heavy rain over the same areas, causing flash flooding.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Oh I do think its unusual. I just attribute it to the changing climate not HAARP or something intentional. The nice thing about my block is that there is a high percentage of older people. And I mean older like in their 80's, 70's. I chat with them a good deal, and they say the weather the last few years is very different from what they consider the "norm." More snow and temperature fluctuation in the winter, this winter with a VERY early spring, and MUCH hotter summers.

Edit to add;
And actually if you look at the title of the thread, its just about the current weather in the region. It doesnt specify that we have to discuss it as "strange" although it certainly has been a strange winter/spring in terms of temperature.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here in Fredericksburg we got one last night. I'm not sure if it ever touched down, but my friend got a picture of a huge funnel cloud. I'd post the picture, but unfortunately it's on Facebook so I can't.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yea I wouldn't pin HAARP as the cause either, hell I thought it supposedly made Earthquakes not tornado's.... and yea I notice the title after I replied to you, but the actual discussion has gone the route of strange, because well it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thank you all so very much for the information , so very much appreciated. I just cked outside. It is lighter now and the wind has come in and the air is not so sticky and is cooler. The wind is tossing leaves from my magnolia tree everywhere.!! The clouds are moving pretty fast toward the East. But it doesn't look threatening now as it did earlier.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It feels like Earth hates us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Went to school @ the University of Alabama (in Tuscaloosa). So used to hearing about tornadoes when I was there, but seeing one hit right in the middle of a college town (let alone my own college town) is just tragic.

[align=center]
[/align]

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Somebody knows something I am certain of that, sorry about the rude comment, I am freaked.

Also remember today is scheduled the big event for New madras prep. many of the states that were going to participate of course cannot now as they are in disaster mode.

Many of the systems for disaster relief were and have been in place over the midwest since last winter, this is why I say I know that they know prior to these events happening.

We are at the tip of the iceberg and it is a global event that has started. In know this on many levels.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A meteoroligist on another thread from yesterday
Link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

The truth of that is even more unsettling, the Earth doesnt care about us one way or another. If the Earth "hated us" we could sacrifice some politicians by throwing them into a volcano and perhaps appease the Earth. But the Earth has no concern for us one way or the other. It was up to US to care for ourselves, and we havent. We dont build our homes in ways that take nature into account, or live our lives in ways that fit with nature, we have been counting on this odd idea that somehow we can subdue her, and ...................we cant. We can alter things, but we have no real understanding of the ramifications of our actions.

We need to be more willing to live in ways that make sense in terms of how nature behaves in certain areas. Not build beach homes in areas that are repeatedly hit by hurricanes, or, if thats not possible, build them in ways that allow them to survive natural disasters. (and they do in some places)

I dont understand, personally, why homes in "Tornado alley" dont have some requirement for a safe room, or shelter. I know it would cost a little more, but some shelters can be had for like $4000 dollars, and tacking that amount onto the price of a new home would not be a huge burden. Its the cost of a carpet upgrade in many cases.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I am on a meteorologist only chase forum and it looks like there may be multiples on the ground today - We have two major lows over Ohio and Miss. in areas cape values 4k (never seen them that high) and massive influx of warm moisture pushing in from the gulf. It's setting up at this point to be very bad. We could have 200,000 square miles of risk area from what I see right now. If you are anywhere in the midwest to south today - be ready to take cover. Seriously. It's not just the states above who are at risk. VA looks pretty unstable too, so check your area on wunderground.com I'll be watching chasers for part of the day on a live feed and will pop in here when I can for updates. But take care of yourselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Somebody knows something I am certain of that, sorry about the rude comment, I am freaked.

Its ok. I understand. This is very upsetting. I didnt even really think about tornadoes when I moved here, lol, it just didnt cross my mind, but they are a big scary deal. Something that can just drop down out of the sky and kill you or destroy everything you own in a heartbeat with no sure way (we think) of predicting when and where they will hit is very stressful.

Also remember today is scheduled the big event for New madras prep. many of the states that were going to participate of course cannot now as they are in disaster mode.

I know. Im uneasy about that one too. I just cant put my finger on what specifically they are up to. It could be about the very real possibility of the dollar collapsing and the resultant social unrest, or it could be they are planning to do something to trigger that fault. I seriously doubt that that fault is really on the verge of going off on its own. Only because we currently have no good way of predicting those things and many scientists believe the fault is shutting down. Who knows, I dont. I can only speculate based on information that is very likely incomplete, and possibly even deliberately false.

We are at the tip of the iceberg and it is a global event that has started. In know this on many levels.

I agree. Something big is up, but its like being in a house of mirrors, everywhere you look you see something, but you really dont have any good way of telling whats real and whats just an illusion.

Be strong, though. Its probably going to be very ugly, and the best survival strategy is to try to keep a clear, calm mind, and work together.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Sorry if this is off topic, but its relevant to this conversation I think.

I think part of it might be that now there are so many humans on Earth. Everything that happens gets documented, videotaped and seen by the whole world via the internet. Disasters have been happening even before the birth of the internet and video cameras, we just didn't recognize them as much, so it appears as if more disasters are happening. Also, more people means more of them are doing things and creating conflict, attention, news, etc. It feels like the world is winding up to some big event, I feel that event might simply be overpopulation.

I'm not saying there isn't something up, I surely don't know. Just providing an alternate idea if you will.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Its very possible. Crime is like that. Crime has actually been dropping for decades, but because of reporting, it SEEMS like the world is more dangerous than it ever has been.

To determine if this really is "strange" or "unusual" we would have to look at data we dont have in this thread. (ie; numbers of tornadoes in the area over hundreds and thousands of years.) Its strange to us, though, because most people who have lived here their entire lives havent experienced it.

We just need to be wiser about how we live, build, and yes even populate, certain areas of the Earth. It would behoove us to mold ourselves to nature rather than foolishly or optimistically assume we can mold her to us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Mom remembers one in West Virginia, but that's long ago.

My Mother went through that tornado. It came through Shinnston WV in 1944. She was 10. She lost quite a few classmates to this tornado.

Here is a link to the story.

www.wvculture.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

how close is all that to Pipestem state park? we just spent last weekend there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join