It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else experienced a recent increase in Flying/Floating Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I searched and found lots of posts on flying/floating dreams, but I was wondering specifically if anyone else has noticed a significant increase in their nightly dreams that contain incidents of flying or floating - propulsion without an obvious "physical" cause within the dream?

I ask because when I was a little kid (elementary school age) I had a lot of flying dreams, (always requiring lots of effort to get off the ground) but they decreased to practically zero in my late teens through the very recent present. I will turn 43 next Monday.

For many years now, I may have had one floating or flying dream in a 2-5 year period. In the past two weeks I have suddenly had three such dreams that I woke up and remembered. It's awesome, I missed them and welcome them back with open arms, but it seems like I should at least wonder why they are back after the long absence.

-In the first dream, I was on some kind of space station and was able to propel myself to the other end. It was short lived, and I don't normally dream anything about space, so it stood out, not just for the flying/ floating, but also like huh? i don't usually dream in the sci-fi stuff.
-In the second dream, I had a new personal device that was like a seat-back, very light weight, with a fabric area which supported the person and also let one steer, by pulling the fabric right, left, up, and down, either with one hand holding the fabric seat or both hands, depending whether you held the fabric on the outsides of the legs at the knee level, or the inside, more like a hammock where the back of the device was the "plastic" seat-back and the other end (which one steers with) was held and directed by ones-self. It was very cool, and in my dream, I was flying around my local park with at least the accuracy of a model airplane, but self-directed. In this dream, I woke up and recalled that it was "so fun"!
-In the third dream (last night), I was in a totally unrelated storyline, and all I can remember was that I was not only able to propel myself in some direction, but I actually went through a physical barrier, in this case it was a glass window in the door. I felt the preparation and the force, but no physical trauma (lacerations, etc) and the door was not damaged. In my dream, I recall thinking something along the lines of, "it is good that I could not do that from day one, because it takes a while to learn how it all works."

If anybody looks at my posts, you will see that a lot of my interest is regarding dreams. I think a lot of information and experiences happen during dreams. I am curious if anybody else has experienced a noticable increase in your flying/floating dreams, especially if that has not been common in your recent years' dreaming patterns.

Thanks,
Gwynnhwyfar
edit on 27-0420114-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
personally, a decrease.

i do love those dreams though....but i always forget how by the end

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
One time when I was a kid. Best dream I ever had and can remember clearly to this day...but not anthing recently...I had a dream couple of days ago of a simpson episode I was in somehow where aliens were attacking us and putting us into huge mixxers oO...spending too much time on ATS isn't the best idea.
edit on 28-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What I have had a lot of, is dreams where fish come right out of the aquarium and are swimming around in the air!! I have had so many of those that they are commonplace now, I just notice them, but that's about all. These recent flying/floating dreams are like back from the dead! I had them all the time as a kid growing up, but very very rarely as an adult.... Until the past couple weeks! I am pretty focused on dreams, so looking at ripples in the dream-world... Anyone else? Seems like a ripple to me...! But it may be that it is just a personal one, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wrote about this very thing in another thread...or maybe it was in chat. Who knows? In any case, yes I have noticed a marked increase recently. Any particular reason for this, do you think? I'm not particularly satisfied with the traditional dream interpretations for it. My life isn't such that it would apply.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have, just yesterday i experienced a floating dream . it was weird cause i hadn't had one in months ..
anyways i flew out of the window and thats all i can remember . also , my sleep paralysis increased.
edit on 28-4-2011 by qeen123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Maybe some more people will weigh in. I was looking for an explanation too. It seems strange to me when I hadn't had any for years and then had three in a row. I hope they continue. They seem somehow significant.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I have had sensations of floating during sleep paralysis but yeah lately both floating and slipping downwards.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I recently had a falling dream, it no longer disturbs me now, I can simply fade into the blackness until the colours reappear, and down becomes up and up becomes down and I am flying again.

new topics

top topics

join