It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Walmart does some shady things.
If there is a good coupon out, like 3.00 off the Nivea and it was 3.00 at Walmart, they have associates go in and take it off the shelves. They refuse to give rainchecks- Then they raise the price.

Walmart is anything but coupon friendly, though they just changed their policy. They ran a lot of customers with coupons off by treating them like criminals.

Then you have the tvs everywhere for the reprogramming or mind control or whatever it is. I hate those tvs.

Most people I know are broke though. It isn't from buying stuff at walmart or anywhere else though -its from basics going sky high, gas going sky high, and salaries getting cut because of the pathetic state of the local economy.

We have these idiots in govt. here kissing people's bottoms who are worried about their property values. They outlawed chickens right out- no matter how much property you have- and probably would like to outlaw gardens next. Still, you know, oh their property values.

Uh, how's that working out for folks? There's foreclosures everywhere. Home beside me is empty and looks like it will stay that way. People want 50k more for it than the home down the road that was foreclosed on that is twice as big for 1/3 of the price.

Maybe it is because I am poor, but the situation is pathetic. These people with a bit of money seem lost babes in Toyland. They are clueless, IMO. Everything to them is a conspiracy theory, to pooh pooh. Everything's fine, it's just those darn Democrats (or Republicans, whatever is opposite of their little worldview.)

I'm rambling. I'm just sick.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I do my grocery shopping at walmart because I can't afford to go to the mom and pop and spend $30 - $40 more than what I can afford. It is a shame but what can you do when the funds are limited. I do buy my vegetables from the farmer's markets. I hate going to the walmart because of the atmosphere and the lighting.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
look, corporate America and all those thieves are going to go down the tubes or move totally away from America. the economy is bust which will force unckle sammy out of the fleece game. if people cant pay for taxes then its over....YAAAAY

then we can close out the rest of the world and get back to living. the government and the corporates did this to us all, non of us are to blame except we didn't step up to the plate years earlier and chop off their nasty heads before they destroyed us.

but ultimately the jokes on them, we can rebuild, we were the ones who built thing in the first place not them, they just used us and look where they'll end up....out of business
...RETARDS

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousR
I live in a small town in Missouri, and WalMart is basically our only local choice when it comes to shopping for most things. I've personally noticed since sometime last year that I run out of money faster DUE to WalMart. I don't mean that as a joke. The prices in our super center have shy rocketed in almost every department.
edit on 29-4-2011 by CuriousR because: Word change.

Same here. I'm in a small town surrounded by rural area. I can't afford gas to drive 45 minutes just to shop at mom and pop. It sucks, because the mom and pop stores are so much nicer to go to. We don't have a super walmart, just a small one that has recently began selling groceries. I used to go to Target but it's 45 min away and with gas going up, well...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You do not need to shop at Wal-Mart.
You do not need to keep your money in a bank.
You do not need a credit card.
You do not need milk.
You do not need gasoline.

I live in a town of 12,000 and I do not have any of these things.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ooops, Walmart has now learned that even the consumer - as a renewable resource - can also be depleted. How? By stripping the local economy away. Eventually, the small business men and women who would normally be each other's consumer and proveyer are now just consumer-slaves of a giant corporation that only takes (money from the consumer) but does not provide: a lopsided equation if there ever was one!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick
I think it's funny that they don't say that they are worried about the customer, just the fact that the customer is running out of money. Haha I lol'd

Is a business not a charity, so what they are saying is they are worried about the customer but what you are reading is the investors letter.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis

Originally posted by WillNiendick
I think it's funny that they don't say that they are worried about the customer, just the fact that the customer is running out of money. Haha I lol'd

Is a business not a charity, so what they are saying is they are worried about the customer but what you are reading is the investors letter.

I am not saying that I expect them to care, rather expect them not to care.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
i hate to say it, but everyone one on this website is middle class. there may be a few people online for free at their local libraries, but trust me. you are not that 1% of elites.

That's quite an assumption, I'd class myself as poor working class, ie; I pay my bills and buy my food and I'm left with no disposable income at all.

I really hope you weren't alluding to the fact us lower class haven't got the brains to work out we are being shafted as at the end of the day we are always the first people to realise this fact but are always the last to be listened to.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

I am confused, are we agreeing? I wasn't defending their ways but your 1st reply seems to be that way, If I misunderstood you I apologize but at the same time I was surprised you though they would care as in human beings instead of human wallets.

as for you expecting them to care they do... money wise they all do (corporations)

edit on 29-4-2011 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Yes, this describes the democratic USA very well! hats off sir!

But its all about profit maximalisation, nothing else, disregarding everything, take it all!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

So if the poorer people arent still shopping there, where are they shopping??? Definantly a sign of the times, and its too bad I dont see any end in sight.. So keep prepping ATS

Food
Aldi's , Save alot , Farmers Market , (Local Foods) Amish Food Stands !

Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Price Chopper for the buy 10 for 10 bucks deal & Big Lots , Payless shoes, & The Biggest !!! GARAGE SALES of the Ones that Need money and parting Out because of Gas Prices and Economy and loss of Jobs well at least here anyways and not buying

New ways Now is for the Middle class is
If its not Broke DONT FIX it ! if it is Repair it

Milk here is 3.84 a gallon Gas here is 4.03 a gallon WOW !

Ohh America Oh America !

edit on 29-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Haha, yes I suppose we are agreeing. I have zero faith in coorprations like Walmart. I can understand health institutions, and companies that help people, but Walmart is just evil.

I never expected them to care about the people of Earth, I just thought the headline was funny how it read. It just 'Walmart is worried, Walmart customers are running out of money!'

Haha I am in my E2020 class right now, I hate this stupid video lecture. On a happy note, I am going to the movies tonight! I heard Fast Five was amazing! (Just popped into my head
)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
So if the poorer people arent still shopping there, where are they shopping??? Definantly a sign of the times, and its too bad I dont see any end in sight.. So keep prepping ATS

In our non-Walmart town people have a few choices. When Walmart turned us down a local guy opened up a flea market. He has expanded and now has a covered area and part of a store. He's opened all year and hangs tarps from the overhead awning in winter. There's heaters inside so it's comfortable but very basic.

Sure he's selling stuff from China but the thing about this guy is you can barter. He'll take trade if he's interested or you can bargain with him setting your own price. He's got everything it's just a little disorganized you have to dig. He's his own cash register running around with a coin changer and a wad of bills. The guy rakes in the cash with little overhead.

His place isn't fancy no landscaping etc. The town's population is only about 3500 and fairly low income so no one complains about how it looks. It's a real draw for the tourists. Since he opened Family Dollar and Dollar General came in but it hasn't hurt him one bit. He sometimes has used cars, washing machines and refrigerators. You can even request things that he will keep his eye out for. We love him.

There are alternative ways people just have to demand business be done differently. If our local guy wants our money he has to work with us. People here will do without or hit the yard sales instead of spending money they simply don't have. Maybe this could only work in small towns but maybe that's what this country needs instead of mega cities.

We have many self starters here who would've faded into obscurity in a bigger city. My husband is a businessman and often barters for his services. He has brought home meat, tools and all kinds of household goods. Everything was most appreciated and well worth the trade. For it to work everyone has to be on the same page. No one looks down on you here for not having the latest and greatest, you should see some of the cars LOL. This is how our town works and we love it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sooo.... Chickens have finally come home to roost, eh?

So hilarious when mega-companies take out all the American competition, out-source everything they can - and pay subsistance wages for whatever American employees they retain - and then wonder why no one is buying their crap!

Well f-ing DUH!

SUCK IT WALMART FAMILY - YOU TRAITOROUS SCUMBAGS!!!!!

Shop at Walmart = Aiding the Enemy!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I hate to go on about our small town life but I forgot to mention the employment opportunities our local flea market guy offers. Many down-on-their-luck homeless types wonder into our small town. We use to send them to the catholic church now we send them to flea market John.

He doesn't answer to any corporate board so he can hire/do as he pleases. He often hires the homeless. There is no drug/alcohol screening and everything they need can be found at the flea market. He even has a little apartment in the back of his store section where his workers can stay. Until they're on their feet they can work off room/board etc. You might say he is just looking for an exploitable work force. Not the case at all as he has probably gotten burnt more times than not.

One of his best workers came into town this way. He worked for the flea market for a couple years then started a business of his own. He details cars cheap and does beautiful work. My husband and him often trade for services. We laugh because he details cars yet rides a bike. Flea market John comes off as gruff but he has a heart of gold. He has often loaned money to his workers at a loss or if he's lucky he simply breaks even. If you've got nothing you can make a deal with flea market John.
edit on 4-29-2011 by Morningglory because: spelling

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join