Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I hate walmart. I only go when I have to.

They try to push their own brand garbage on you, very good at reducing portions but making you pay the same price, lousy service, and don't care about anything but getting your money.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Of course it is drying up, it is inevitable with their business model. When they take their customers money to hoard a way and to send it back to China to pay them it leaves our hands. Once it gets sent to China it does not make its way back, so of course customers are running out of money, there is none to be had because it is all in China.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I shop at Walmart occasionally and one thing I have always wondered about is the following info noted on most of the receipts I receive from the store:

"We value your opinion. We want to know about your shopping experience today at Wal-mart. Please complete a survey about today's store visit at:

www.survey.walmart.com... In return for your time, you could receive one of five $1000 walmart shopping cards"

After receiving my receipt recently, I asked one of the clerks where the winners names were posted. She didn't know. Asked her if she has ever heard of anyone who has ever won a $1000 shopping card. She said no. Asked her how long she has worked at the store. She said more than 5 years. Asked her if there is anywhere on the internet that the winner's names are posted. She indicated not that she is aware of. Asked her why should I bother to fill these surveys out, under the circumstances. She didn't know..... hmmm.........

I then did a little checking online and found some comments like these:

"Wal Mart receipt surveys-has anyone actually won a $1,000 shopping spree?"

"I'll admit, I've taken the Wal Mart survey several times, thinking I might win a shopping card. But what are the chances, and has anyone out there actually won?"

" don't know anyone that's won. I wish it was me! "

"No. But this is a total rip off. This was done to boost their sales. I have worked for Wal-Mart for years and have seen first hand what wal-mart does to the community and their employee's. If I was you I would shop some where else."

www.financialcrisis2009.org...

And then from Walmart.com official site:

"Walmart $1,000 Gift Card/Certificate Fraudulent E-mail Offer
August 4, 2010 - A fraudulent e-mail encouraging consumers to “Click Here to Claim Your $1,000 Walmart Gift Card!” has been making the rounds the last few days. This communication is not from Walmart.

Walmart does not offer $1,000 gift cards for completing surveys or merely clicking on a link.

In addition, Walmart will never ask you to e-mail personal information such as:

•Passwords
•Social security numbers
•Bank account details
•Credit card numbers
•Other financial information."

walmartstores.com...

Note: bold emphasis is mine. I understand the response from Walmart was about emails received, but aren't they more or less also confirming these surveys are bogus by not adding that except for the $1000 shopping cards? Shouldn't they be posting winner's names and cities on walmart.com, in addition to the stores where the winners came from, if these surveys are legit....or is this a conspiracy???

Inquiring minds would like to know.....

edit on 4/28/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'd laugh about it all, if it wasn't all so gd-damn sad.

There is no such thing as the "local butcher", or bakery, or specialty food store anymore. Wal-Mart and other "corp giants" rolled into towns and disintegrated what was left of the already nonexistent 'mom & pop' local businesses.

Bakeries and such, have become a "novelty", a very expensive one at that, in most areas.. if there is even a bakery at all.

We need to return to having a street in every town that has a locally owned bakery, market, etc.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I wish they would do a survey on
the reasons why people do not shop there.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Stores are asking customers to complete surveys in exchange for possibly winning some money. Well for whatever reason they're collecting your information to turn into the government. Although they claim they will not be collecting nor sharing any personal information they're deceiving you. In order to win these "prizes" you must give your contact information and phone numbers. Each time you shop at these stores and then complete their surveys the receipt number you place on the survey will give up information about you such as what you bought and how you paid. As I said in a previous posting, the system we live in and companies such as Walmart function in is founded on deceit, lies, and greed all the way down to "snitching" your information in exchange for winning an imaginary amount of money. Imaginary because these companies don't have to disclose the legitimacy of these prizes.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Start a Revolution!
Save your Money.
Your Money is your vote... Make them sweat, plant a garden.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Somehow I have the feeling that there is not 3 pieces of legislation being drafted to signed by the president to bailout the Walmart shoppers directly. In fact, I would think that China is now realizing that the money borrowed for the Wall Street bailouts, GM/Chrysler bailouts and banks isn't going to be realized by consumer purchases of Chinese made goods distributed via their largest distribution point of sale company.

Makes you wonder if War Bonds will be a hot ticket item for investors in the near future...

Only if the revolutionaries issue them.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think the problem is more than just Walmart, atleast for me. Ive had trouble dishen out good money for things lately. But for me its the amount of non-sense products and over marketing that pisses me off and just makes me decide to not buy now. For example, i want to buy a new Blu-Ray player, I like the Samsung ones but they have literally 10 current models right now. And there all practically the same, one has wireless LAN, one has 3D, another has both, some have component, some analog, some are only HDMI. 5 of them have a better GUI, but lack in outputs... Then I also wanted to buy a home A/V receiver, but its the same thing, except spread the differences and features across atleast 50 or more 2010 models. 20 of which are 7.1 and can Bi-Amp the front channels, but only by using the rear surround channels, meaning you can really only use 5.1 on every one of them if you Bi-Amp. Except one, for only $3500, but its missing one of the most important breakthroughs in receivers lately, Audessy XT32 and is way more amp than most people need. Same go's for Dolby 7.1, i mean we have 11.2 amps and thers only like a few Blu-Rays that even have 7.1 yet, most are only 5.1... Anyway sorry for the long post, this problem has been haunting me for weeks, why make it so freakin hard to make a decision of what devices are better and whats obsolete or almost obsolete and so on. Thats why i havnt been shopping latley.
edit on 28-4-2011 by kman420 because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-4-2011 by kman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sooo

They destroy mainstreet, put loads of shops out of business, then wonder why everyone is broke.

Ya, thats a mystery.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is no surprise. When gas prices shot up 3-4 years ago, the same economic problems happened. People are spending any extra cash by putting it in the gas tank.

This is a repeat of that problem. Its not going to stop there though. All businesses will be hit by it. No extra cash in the pocket means no movie night, no fun night out......etc....etc....etc.

edit on 28-4-2011 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kman420

The more choices, the less decisive the public at large becomes. If you can't make a decision, someone else will make it for you, gladly. I always found it interesting that there are 1500 different kinds of Potato Chips, and only Two political parties...

Democracy Lite!
Now with 50% more bulls#!t.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The USA should have a boycott Walmart movement - run them right out of business. F them!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
now, this WILL be controversial on ATS, but.. I BELIEVE in corporate government. I do realise that there are bad sides to this, but IN our current situation, see it as the least of any of the evils... As long as corporations were in control, they would circulate the money to keep us all spending; yes they would take over local stores (tesco express (not the old school metro from the 70's... the original tesco) and sainsbury local), but if we DID let them take over, they WOULD ensure we paid our weekly shopping, circulate money in such a way to make them interest... That's the only way to take it in '11, it isn't 07 or 08 now... It's already at that phase... the ONLY way to normalcy is now corporate governance!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The USA should have a boycott Walmart movement - run them right out of business. F them!

There is no passion in the people when you see a 10% discount.

the typical person is a fan of walmart and will gladly screw the mainstreet shops to get some chinese crap at a discount.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

...and that opinion... not to troll or even mislead. Anyone with sense who's read me from '09 will know
that IS my genuine, logical thought. It's gone too far, we can't stop it for it's already happened, either embrace it or lose! That IS the reality. I DO, because it's the best option today! I ain't no troll, just a realist!

...and I'm truly sorry to ATS because I'm NOT against you! This is just my own take of the real truth!
edit on 28-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: not against the bulk of ATS!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Seriously, screw WalMart. Every time I go in there they've stopped stocking another one of my favorite products. Entenmann's, Nathan's hot dogs. Certain flavors of soup and other stuff that you can get at other stores. Bastards.

I know for a fact that I've been spending less there for that reason alone. Maybe they should revisit the whole "customer service" thing again.

No, I am not fat. I just enjoy a Nathan's once in a while.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
...and back in '04 (as a lurker), back in '07 (as anonymousATS), I would have been up in arms against my own opinion, but we DO live in 2011, where the economic collapse has happened, and at this[/] moment, Corporate Government would be the wat forward. Yes, I don't like that, but I didn't like our flawed pre-07 monetary system either...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Seriously, screw WalMart. Every time I go in there they've stopped stocking another one of my favorite products. Entenmann's, Nathan's hot dogs. Certain flavors of soup and other stuff that you can get at other stores. Bastards.

I know for a fact that I've been spending less there for that reason alone. Maybe they should revisit the whole "customer service" thing again.

No, I am not fat. I just enjoy a Nathan's once in a while.

Tesco are like the UK WalMart... Boots are 3rd to them. Both of them stopped selling what I want, but both deliver, say, 4/5ths of the sector I want for shopping at a lower price than local shopping. I couldn't afford any indulgent lines if I truly shopped locally. Look, the ONLY way is corporate governance!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe their running out of money because their running out of jobs because places like wal-mart would rather sell Chinese goods than American.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join